• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding to a model after animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
So I've pretty much completed my first model but now I think I want to add team colour to it, I'd like to add parts that will have team colour but I don't know if that will mess up the animations?

I'm using Milkshape so there was something I have a run before animations... Am I able to safely add to the model?

If not would I be to export it's current animations somehow??

Level 15
Oh, i didnt read that you want extra part. ... Yes it will be fine. It won’t change your animation. What kind of part you want to add?

Level 13
Hmm I'll give it a go!

Another question... about attachment points... I understand that they have to be connected to joints, however I'm not sure on how to do origin & overhead points? I don't have a joint either of these points? Will I have to make one for each?

EDIT - I've worked out the attachment points thing, but it looks like because I had to add 2 more joints to the model it's broken the animations and I'll have to re-do them... -.-

EDIT 2 - The bandana works and is team coloured! Just have to re-do the animations because I added joints for the origin/overhead points... this must be something like the 4th time! They'll be the best animations ever for a first model lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.