• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

adding animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
so, i edited footman" model in milkshape and exported it in mdx.format but he lost all his animation, is there any way to return all his standart animations back to my edited model?

is it possible with animetransferer?

Level 5
edit: disregard, misunderstood.

But I think animtransfer will then get rid of the animation that you made.

I'm assuming you used Guesst's MS3D Exporter (link). Be sure to run zero joints (although, I don't know when you're supposed to run it for models that already are animated).

Alternatively, you can try saving as ms3d and importing it into Magos' model editor. (File -> import), then save it as MDX. I don't know if it preserves animations; it is worth a shot though.

P.S. I'm moving this to the modeling forum, since this is more appropriately classified as a modeling issue.

Level 4
I'm assuming you used Guesst's MS3D Exporter (link). Be sure to run zero joints (although, I don't know when you're supposed to run it for models that already are animated).

Alternatively, you can try saving as ms3d and importing it into Magos' model editor. (File -> import), then save it as MDX. I don't know if it preserves animations; it is worth a shot though.

P.S. I'm moving this to the modeling forum, since this is more appropriately classified as a modeling issue.

when i imported my footman into milkshape he lost all his animation, it was just model, i edited it and exported,i can open it in magos editor now but model doesent have any animations.

Ah, I'm afraid there isn't a neat solution.
HappyTauren said:
Well it doesn't (but it keeps UV <3), and that is the issue :/ Basically what I was saying, is that there is not an importer that imports animations (impossibile since ms3d only supports bezier) but to import ALREADY RIGGED mesh, so it is much less work on the model itself. I know there are many .mdl masters out there, but this would ease things for many people. You could also add your own animations, but only if mesh uses ONLY bezier keyframes, which is nearly impossible to happen. There are few problems to all this:
-Find a programmer who would make this
-If it was possible to do this way all the time, why didn't anyone do so? There must be some technical issue about it.
Judging by that, I assume that you can't import a War3 model with animations. If it has bones, perhaps you could use oinkerwinkle's tools on it (as described here (link)), but I don't think the importer maintains bones either.

Status
Not open for further replies.