• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding spells into the Spellbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
You can't. You make the spellbook more than one level with different abilities for each level. When a hero reaches X level, set its level of the spellbook spell one level higher.

Level 5
ok i did it, but how do i set the level of the spell which is ALRDY in the book? i know how to add it but how do i make it level 2!?! and level 3 etc...

Thats easy, first set the real spellbook's base order ID to somthing like acidbomb with the minimum and maximum spells set to 11. I'll call that spellbook SpellBook 1. Then, create a spellbook with the spell you want added into SpellBook 1 inside of it, with it's minimum and maximum spells set to 11 and it's base order ID to acidbomb. I'll call that SpellBook 2. Next, in the initilization trigger, disable SpellBook 2. Next, give the unit you want to have a spellbook SpellBook 1. Finally, when you want to add the spells, simply in a trigger use this:
  • Unit - SpellBook 2 to (Your unit)
I hope this helps.

Level 5
Thats easy, first set the real spellbook's base order ID to somthing like acidbomb with the minimum and maximum spells set to 11. I'll call that spellbook SpellBook 1. Then, create a spellbook with the spell you want added into SpellBook 1 inside of it, with it's minimum and maximum spells set to 11 and it's base order ID to acidbomb. I'll call that SpellBook 2. Next, in the initilization trigger, disable SpellBook 2. Next, give the unit you want to have a spellbook SpellBook 1. Finally, when you want to add the spells, simply in a trigger use this:
  • Unit - SpellBook 2 to (Your unit)
I hope this helps.

It helps but, can you show me an example :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.