• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding Passive Spells into Spell Book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
+Rep Hey, does anyone know the trigger to add abilities into the Spell Book (item ability, changed to unit ability) once you land on a circle of power? (and the passive abilities still work and be active even in the book.)

Anyone know? :grin: :grin:

Last edited:
Passive abilities will work in spell book even if you hide it.

Basically, you create an EMPTY spellbook with a certain OrderID A.
Next, for each spell you create a new spellbook (containing your spell) with the SAME orderId A. At map initialization you disable all spellbooks except for the EMPTY one. Then you add the empty spellbook to a unit (in the object editor). Now, whenever a unit gains one of the disabled spellbooks, the spell INSIDE the disabled book will appear in the empty spellbook.

Last edited:
Level 10
be more specific as to what this problem is, if you be so kind ;)
the objective of this forum is to teach people how to solve the problem not to just put the answer inside their map for them.

Create 2 abilties based off spellbook make them both unit abilities, and have the ability you want to add in "Spellbook (Disabled)
Untit345led.png

Make sure their base order id's are the same, otherwise they wont combine.
Untit43led.png

Now in the initialization trigger of your map add
U23ntitled.png

now when a unit is given the spellbook(disabled) ability the abilities from inside spellbook(disabled) will show up inside of the normal spellbook.

Last edited:
Level 1
be more specific as to what this problem is, if you be so kind ;)
the objective of this forum is to teach people how to solve the problem not to just put the answer inside their map for them.

Create 2 abilties based off spellbook make them both unit abilities, and have the ability you want to add in "Spellbook (Disabled)
Untit345led.png

Make sure their base order id's are the same, otherwise they wont combine.
Untit43led.png

Now in the initialization trigger of your map add
U23ntitled.png

now when a unit is given the spellbook(disabled) ability the abilities from inside spellbook(disabled) will show up inside of the normal spellbook.

Oh yeah i know man, i didn't know where the Base ID was located, thought it was in the triggers and so I was looking in the triggers for an hour or so, and I also didn't know what trigger to use to disable the spell book.

Thanks for your help :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.