• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Adding an AOE to e.g. Holy Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey Guys :)

I'd like to know if a spell like Holy Light can be made an AOE spell? If yes, pls tell me how, because when I set an AOE value in the OE, it still only heals 1 unit. If no, pls tell me as well, but don't tell me anything about triggering it :thumbs_up:

And 2nd question:

If I use a spell that is a normal unit ability as a hero ability, there isn't a Learn Tooltip. There is just a silly green box with the text "Tooltip's missing!" How to solve that?

Thy in advance

~Renschi

Level 12
1 - only in triggers
2 - "green box" means that there's no icon there, it can also be black. To remove it fill this field: Art - Icon - Research, with the needed icon. "Tooltip's missing" means there's no description on spell when you learn it, to change fill the field: Text - Tooltip - Learn and Text - Tooltip - Learn - Exteneded.

Edit: here's your spell, triggered:
  • Holy Light
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Holy Light
    • Actions
      • Set Point = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within ((Real((Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit)))) x (100.00 + 200.00)) of Point) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to False
              • ((Picked unit) is alive) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Triggering player) at Point facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Add Holy Light to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Paladin - Holy Light (Picked unit)
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)
Dummy is a unit that has no model and has ability Locust, also add mana to him
Point is a variable of type Point

Level 11
If the icon is green, the path is wrong. You can find the correct path when you
download a icon (see the attachment). Just fix the paths in the Import Manager.

Attachments

• Paths.jpg
    Paths.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 263
Level 12
1 - only in triggers
2 - "green box" means that there's no icon there, it can also be black. To remove it fill this field: Art - Icon - Research, with the needed icon. "Tooltip's missing" means there's no description on spell when you learn it, to change fill the field: Text - Tooltip - Learn and Text - Tooltip - Learn - Exteneded.

Edit: here's your spell, triggered:
  • Holy Light
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Holy Light
    • Actions
      • Set Point = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within ((Real((Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit)))) x (100.00 + 200.00)) of Point) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to False
              • ((Picked unit) is alive) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Triggering player) at Point facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Add Holy Light to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Paladin - Holy Light (Picked unit)
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)
Dummy is a unit that has no model and has ability Locust, also add mana to him
Point is a variable of type Point

It does NOT need to be triggered, you can simply make it work like the Vodoo doctors healing wave, (By one unit, you mean that it only heals the unit you slected right?) and choose how many "number of targets hit" you want, after that you can just remove the lightning effect, and go to art - target and give it the holy light graphic.

To fix the green square of doom, go to (On the spell btw) Art - Icon - Research (Or normal, whichever one is coming up green) and add whatever icon you want. If it's a custom icon, you can just select it but in the import manager you will have to put ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\ infront of the DISBTN or w/e it is.

Finally to fix the missing tooltip of death you go to Text - Tooltip - Learn and this is what the data is for holy light. Learn Holy Ligh|cffffcc00t|r - [|cffffcc00Level %d|r]

Level 33
Here's my entry (test map is attached)
And this spell supports multiple of levels

Level 1 - 50 heal in 600 AOE around the target
Level 2 - 100 heal in 600 AOE around the target
Level 3 - 150 heal in 600 AOE around the target

Attachments

• Simple AOE System.w3x
    14.6 KB · Views: 218
Level 4
@ Stanley I know what fields need to be filled -.- But something like "Learn" just doesn't exist when u use unit spells

@ Kala I know as well.

@aple & rysnt11 Thy u both, 2 answers that follow my conditions (DO NOT TELL ME HOW TO TRIGGER IT). +rep -> both of u

Thx to the others, but I didn't want to know anything about triggering it...

Status
Not open for further replies.