• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 33
Does this ability Passive ?
Because if it is not, it will surely WEIRD....
Why ?
Because it's hidden and yet, it's Active-type spell, how the hell you're gonna activate lol
Well, I suppose this spell is PASSIVE, you can use Spell Book ability for that

Level 12
Well, kinda... I need it to be un-learnable as you said. But i set levels of it in other triggers.
Anyway the concept is:
first i have 1 ability - Power Changer [Base] (i need to learn it and it has 3 levels). When i learn it i remove it and replace it with ability Power Changer [Strength], when i use Power Changer [Strength] i replace it with Power Changer [Agility], when i use Power Changer [Agility] i replace it with Power Changer [Intelligence] and Intelligence into Strength again. When i replace ability i also set its level to level of Power Changer [Base].

Level 12
Yeah i play it. But what do you mean by Power Thread??
Here's a trigger:
  • Power Changer
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Power C|c000042ffh|ranger Base
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Remove (Ability being cast) from (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Add Power C|c000042ffh|ranger S to (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Power C|c000042ffh|ranger S for (Triggering unit) to Spells_PC_Level
          • Set Spells_PC_Agility = 0
          • Set Spells_PC_Intelligence = False
          • Set Spells_PC_Strength = 150
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Power C|c000042ffh|ranger S
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Power C|c000042ffh|ranger A to (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Power C|c000042ffh|ranger A for (Triggering unit) to Spells_PC_Level
          • Set Spells_PC_Strength = 0
          • Set Spells_PC_Agility = (Integer(0.30))
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Power C|c000042ffh|ranger A
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Power C|c000042ffh|ranger I to (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Power C|c000042ffh|ranger I for (Triggering unit) to Spells_PC_Level
          • Set Spells_PC_Strength = 0
          • Set Spells_PC_Intelligence = True
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Power C|c000042ffh|ranger I
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Power C|c000042ffh|ranger S to (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Power C|c000042ffh|ranger S for (Triggering unit) to Spells_PC_Level
          • Set Spells_PC_Strength = 150
        • Else - Actions

Level 33
if you dont want to learn the ability, make it to normal ability instead of hero then use Add ability & set ability in triggers...

if you want all your abilities completely invisible, make a dummy unit to cast the ability for you, use chat for dummy commands...

CAUTION !
If the ability is PASSIVE-type ability, how the heck you wanna order the dummy to cast the ability for you ?
If it's either buff or active ability, then you can

Level 29
CAUTION !
If the ability is PASSIVE-type ability, how the heck you wanna order the dummy to cast the ability for you ?
If it's either buff or active ability, then you can

sample...

Event
A unit is attacked
Condition
Random number between 0 and 4 equal to 2
Actions
Create dummy...
Add ability to dummy...
set ability to dummy...
order dummy...
AND SO ON...

Level 33
(Previous post was a... sarcastic)
Say, the dummy will have its own Devotion Aura and say, this aura will act as +armor to the Hero
What if another unit comes in contact with the hero?
Supposedly the unit will also get the aura, which will make the spell bugs as it effects other unit as well
Might as well set the AOE for 1 size (too small?)

Level 12
Guys the abilities a add to hero do not have any influence they just make other abilities stronger, like Invoker's Quas, Wex, Exort. So the only thing i need is to make when i cast ability Power Changer [Agility] or other replace is with next ability and make it un-leanable, do not appear in list of learnable abilities.

Level 12
Bump... Ok lets make easier way, now i want to make the ability ONLY unlearnable when i add it, without levels, etc. I tried to make it Unit ability and with trigger: Hero - Learn skill for (Triggering unit): added ability, but this doesn't work, any ideas?

Edit: nvm, solved the problem.

Last edited:
Level 8
Bump... Ok lets make easier way, now i want to make the ability ONLY unlearnable when i add it, without levels, etc. I tried to make it Unit ability and with trigger: Hero - Learn skill for (Triggering unit): added ability, but this doesn't work, any ideas?

Edit: nvm, solved the problem.

good,
was gonna say "make it a unit ability" and instead of "hero - learn skill" use "Unit - Add ability".

Status
Not open for further replies.