• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Adding Abilities Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm working on a map right now that uses triggers to add and remove hero abilities. My problem is that I can add the ability, but it doesn't show up on the hero abilities screen, so the hero can't level the ability up.
My trigger looks like this:

• Assult Rifle
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |CFFDE0008Gun|r - Assult Rifle
    • Actions
      • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
      • Unit - Remove currentgun[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] from (Hero manipulating item)
      • Unit - Remove currentROF[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] from (Hero manipulating item)
      • Unit - Add Assult Rifle to (Hero manipulating item)
      • Hero - Learn skill for (Triggering unit): Assult Rifle
      • Set currentgun[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] = Assult Rifle
      • Unit - Add Speed-180 to (Hero manipulating item)
      • Set currentROF[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] = Speed-180
Help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, could someone tell me what the most powerful available map editor is?

Level 11
I don't know much about this stuff (man i say this too much), but i think it is the way you set up the trigger, if the person was to the drop the gun, would the skill dissapear, if so then i don't think you can level it up if it isn't a permenant item\skill, am i right about this?

(The most powerful editor varies for some people, but the one many people use is WEU Unlimited http://www.wc3campaigns.net/tools/weu/

Level 8
another question...

Alright, I managed to find a way around the issue of changing ability, but I have a new problem. I need to use a trigger to increase and decrease the attack range of my unit. I tried using the range increase with WEU, but it didn't seem to do anything. A little help?

Status
Not open for further replies.