• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Limited buying of items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I need help, how do i limit the item to one. for example I buy boots of speed and If I buy another the gold will be returned and the item will be removed. And for removing the bugginess I made the item undroppable.

• Planewalker Buy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Rune Planewalker's Cloak
    • Actions
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Rune Planewalker's Cloak)
      • Hero - Create Planewalker's Cloak and give it to (Hero manipulating item)
      • Item - Make (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Planewalker's Cloak) Undroppable
  • Planewalker Limit
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Planewalker's Cloak) Equal to True
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Rune Planewalker's Cloak
    • Actions
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Planewalker's Cloak)
      • Player - Add 1600 to (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) Current gold

these triggers worked last night, and after I woke up this morning. The trigger doesnt work anymore

Last edited:
Level 10
these triggers worked last night, and after I woke up this morning. The trigger doesnt work anymore

99a7fb6eafd8239a09c9fc15d1eeb94a.jpg

Level 10
Delete this part
  • Hero - Drop Bought_Item from (Buying unit)
Also the test map doesn't stop a person from buying something, then dropping it to the floor and buying it again.
EDIT: Also don't double post. Instead of posting another comment, just edit one of your old ones like I'm doing right now.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

If you would like to avoid the 'buys the same and gets gold back'-part, you could add the items via triggers to the shop. Once an item that was added via triggers with the stack 1 is sold, then it is removed from the shop permanently.
With more than one player you would have to add dummy shops for every player though.

Status
Not open for further replies.