• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Add snowy weather to maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi everyone,

I'm currently planning a Santa FFA Cup and thought it might be cool to have some snow on maps that are currently without. I understand it would be too much work for just a one day cup to replace normal trees with snowy trees or the overall tileset.

I was curious how much work it would be to just add some snowy weather to existing maps?

Cheers,
HighTac

Level 13
replacing the tiles is easy, if you used a default tileset just go to advanced -> modify tileset (maybe graficsset, my WE is not in english, it's the first option) and just select a different one (e.g. Northrend).
It will replace all your existing tiles with the respective "snowy" tile. takes 1 minute.
As for weather, you can either use regions (as already mentioned), or you can set a global weather effect in Scenario -> Map-options, also a 1 min job.

for trees i'm not sure, i just tried overwrting the object data, however that ended up kind of buggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.