• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ada's Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
In recent months I started experimenting - thanks to the tutorials on here, with more serious model editing (having only done spell particles and retextures before) so here are the results of that labor.
Everything you see here is only made by geomerging and textures are edited and drawn in Gimp.

Do also note that none (literally nothing) here is finished, I have an awful habit where I have so many ideas it's kinda hard to just focus on one thing and finish it completely.
I'm also looking to learn using 3ds Max so hopefully I'll get some questions answered here for when I get started.
I've only been making model edits for a little over a month or so but so far I'm having a blast. :D

So without further ado, feast your eyes on this trash ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mal'Ganis
My first model edit, the normals on this model are messed up somewhat since I didn't know what I was doing, however this is the only model I "finished". It was originally supposed to resemble the undead victory (or defeat?) dreadlord screen art.

bf7b7751a83626fbe1b047c06bc11728.png

High Elf Lantern
I needed some High Elf themed models for personal use and nothing I found really pleased me so I went ahead and made my own. Geomerged from the NE totem lantern doodad, the Night Elf Transport Ship and the Lantern Post doodad. The more you know?

c614ac22e6f3ed5cc768f768e26f4ebd.png

Town Hall
A mostly failed attempt at making a complicated structure, I'm going to revisit this project when I have the ability and inspiration to make something not-shit. :D

142c3f14c0ca3a48d851598218e0c7ee.png

High Elf Worker
Probably the model I'm most proud of so far, although he turned a little sluttier than I intended him to. Equality I guess? As far as work attire goes though it's nothing unreasonable considering the physicality. Geomerged from Satyr, Priest and Medivh.

31f952cfbbb4a9302c47e6413a645f8c.png

Naga Hero
A model I needed for a specific Naga character for a map of mine, I only made the face so far (banshee), however I'm planning on a custom bow and frills and a head crowned with serpents.

fc54a88b0eeff05a40fe7054f8d1182d.png

Sorceress Edea
From Final Fantasy 8. This is actually a backup - I almost finished her body entirely but the file got somehow corrupted completely so all I have is an old version of her head. I've wanted Edea in Warcraft for as long as I can remember, having grown up with Warcraft and watching my brothers play through the Final Fantasy games exposed me to the badassness of FF character design.

41e44c551da1a1f541514df2b5dfe640.png

Doom Lord (Kazzak)
A more epic looking Doom Guard for a Mt. Hyjal map. Nothing more to it. :)

9320e17cef536c5c262c2ffb499823e5.png

Kel'Thuzad
Based on the Archmage, Acolyte and Necromancer models - it's supposed to reference the Undead loading screen with a way more badass looking Necromancer. Textures are actually directly based on the loading screen itself.

238e7be5950cd4ac2f24406e55b1d20c.png

Infernal
An experimental edit of the Infernal model, I wanted a more detailed Infernal model while still staying close to the original concept. I particularly liked the WoW Alpha Infernal model's ribs and chest so I recreated those as well.

4a9a60cb94954f7dbae3f1ab3059ba1e.png

Level 9
thanks guys ^^

unfortunately nothing new to show for now, i'm trying to get started on 3ds max so i actually have a chance at making anything decent : p
i'll be updating as i make some (or no) progress

EDIT: after some trouble i managed to install the proper version of NeoDex, now i have no idea what i'm doing though LOL

Last edited:
Level 15
thanks guys ^^

unfortunately nothing new to show for now, i'm trying to get started on 3ds max so i actually have a chance at making anything decent : p
i'll be updating as i make some (or no) progress

EDIT: after some trouble i managed to install the proper version of NeoDex, now i have no idea what i'm doing though LOL
lol :( whats your problem? maybe i can help

Status
Not open for further replies.