• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fixing My Infernal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Is it possible to insert models into WE using WinMPQ, in the same way as skins are? On a side note...

After attempting to get evilwart-dragon's Blue Infernal model in my map via TFT Import Manager, the standard Infernal model became damaged or something and is no longer loading properly if, for instance, I place an Infernal on my map. I tried reimporting it via extracting it with WC3 Viewer and then importing the file with the correct path; units\demon\infernal\infernal.mdx. I have deleted all Infernal-related files in my Warcraft 3 folder that might be confusing WE. It doesn't work and I'm stuck without access to an Infernal model. After testing and reading tutorials, I've yet to find a way to retrieve the model. :(

Level 21
Re: Question: Importing RoC Models

Detrivus said:
Question #1: Is it possible? The standard Infernal model on my map has been damaged or something and is no longer loading properly if, for instance, I place an Infernal on my map. I tried reimporting it via extracting it with WC3 Viewer and then importing the file with the correct path; units\demon\infernal\infernal.mdx. It doesn't work and I'm stuck without access to an Infernal model. After testing and reading tutorials, I've yet to find a way to retrieve the model. :(

Question #2: If it is possible, how is it done? As far as I know skins can be imported using WinMPQ and WC3 Image Extractor II, but the same is not true for models. Please answer ASAP. Thanks.

1. Models take a while to work or previewed in WE, but will show up eventually in the game. Make sure paths are right.

2. You can. Download WinMPQ. Open up your map with it and import the files via it. Add the path on the right which can be changed.

Level 25
By the sound of it, you have a unit called "Infernal" in your WC3 folders that is corrupted or something. I suggest searching for any files called "Infernal.mdx" and renaming them, then try and place an infernal

Level 3
But I'm just trying to use the Infernal in the WC3.mpq... and that's the one that is no longer loading properly. At one point I had a blue Infernal skin on it but I removed it, and then it stopped working.

Level 3
Okay, now I've deleted all skin and model files related to the infernal. The model still won't load. I put in the custom path in the model selection field (units\Demon\Infernal\Infernal.mdx), saved, closed, re-opened, etc. Still no Infernal. What's the easiest and least map-damaging way to fix this problem?

Level 3
Lol no I think it's just a problem with this one map. I think that for some reason it's trying to use a model that's not there, but obviously the Infernal is in the WC3.mpq. I'm still searching for a way to get it to recognize the model as the one in the mpq and not one that's imported. Any advice?

Level 3
I did delete the imported one, and every other Infernal-related skin or model. Nothing is being imported into my map that should change or interfere with my Infernal model, but the map still can't find it in the MPQ.

EDIT: Ok problem solved, the Infernal only shows up when I actually play the map but it still has errors in WE. Thanks for the help Mecheon!

Status
Not open for further replies.