• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Actor Request: Need voice actors for cinematic project!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey there!

I'm looking for voice actors who can record lines that I send them, and send the voiceover files back to me to include in my map.

The map is a comedy based in the Black Temple. Basically this evil Pit Lord dude has claimed it for himself (not Magtheridon, I made this guy up) and he rules the place. But this band of heroes, Light's Hope, have decided to be all goody two shoes and (to quote) "end his blasphemous existence!"

I will do some voiceovers myself, but I need people who can provide a voice for recurring characters (will require some degree of dedication to the project) and voices for 'guest' characters (someone who will only be in one or two episodes and have varying amounts of lines).

Here are the characters I currently need voiceovers for:

Voregar - The Pit Lord currently ruling the Black Temple. Imagine Mannoroth from Warcraft III; that's sort of what I want him to sound like. NOTE: MAIN CHARACTER. WILL REQUIRE DEDICATION TO REPRISE ROLE IN FUTURE EPISODES

Akama - Voregar's second-in-command, Akama takes care of most things around the Temple. He's a bit of a coward, but when he isn't in danger he acts like a big tough guy. Has a shadowy, wheezy sort of voice.
NOTE: SIDE CHARACTER. WILL APPEAR ONLY IN SOME EPISODES

Mr. Lanante - Appears only once in Episode 2, but ideas are brewing for him to come back in future. Think a high-and-mighty french person. That's the voice I want for him.

Illidan - Appears once in Episode 2, voice similar to his voice in Warcraft III, but rougher. He's grumpy all the time, so add that in as well if you can.

Baron Geddon - Appears once in Episode 2, has a few lines. Don't care what voice you give this guy, just try to make it sound, well, fiery.

Kael'thas - Appears once in Episode 2, acts like a child, has a whiny sort of voice. Otherwise, he's a bit of a girl, overly worried about his appearance, i.e "Oh my god, I broke a nail!"

Hogger - Appears once in Episode 2. He's a gnoll so... try and sound... gnollish...

If you're good at modifying your voice (or simply have the software!) you can do voices for as many characters as you'd like.

Leave an application and contact details here or on my profile: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/rastas301/

I'll send you the script for your character and we can get started!

Thanks!

Level 4
Hey all thanks for the replies I haven't check this in a bit because I thought it was a lost cause ^^

shamanyouranus do you have an email or something I can send the script to? I swear on my word of honor I'm no spammer ^^

Lightskin, do you feel up to doing all of them? They're lines are minimal. Same question as shamanyouranus, can you PM me an email?

EDIT: Anthony I just watched the Voice Acting Demo Reel and I think the voice/s you do from 6:00 to 6:23 would be perfect for Beorn! He's got a few lines, being a main character, would that be a problem? I was going to voice him myself but you are clearly superior.

Level 4
Sorry I couldn't figure out how to add attachments to a PM.

So here is an archive with scripts for all mentioned characters.

Just pick out the ones you need.

@Anthony I haven't included Beorn's script, want to know if you'd like to do it first. Post here, on my profile page, or send me a PM. Thanks!

Attachments

• Scripts.zip
    57.2 KB · Views: 66
Level 4
OK here are some .txt files for the scripts of Akama, Illidan, Lanante, Baron Geddon, and Voregar (the pit lord).

Thanks Shamanyouranus and Lightskin for offering to do these!

Attachments

• Akama.txt
    537 bytes · Views: 90
  • Geddon.txt
    509 bytes · Views: 99
  • Illidan.txt
    207 bytes · Views: 103
  • Lanante.txt
    193 bytes · Views: 103
  • Voregar.txt
    2 KB · Views: 130
Level 4
Sorry to do this to ya guys, and I apologize for rounding y'all up for this and then quitting but.... I'm scrapping BTC.

If you got any questions as to why, leave me a VM/PM. The long and short of it is I didn't think it was going anywhere and what has so far been done is a failure.

Sorry.

Level 5
Aw, what! Well if you have all the lines, storylines.etc, post them and maybe someone else can take up the project and give credit to you. Also, an you do a .txt for Kael'Thas' lines, I don't have office 2007.
I cannot promise that I could re-make maps or anything like that, but I might be able to do a voice. It sounds quite fun.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.