• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Activision confirms Call of Duty 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Activision has announced that Call of Duty 5 is in the making, which they announced in an announcement released yesterday which can be read here. The confirmation is not really unexpected, as the CoD franchise has always been a success. Details concerning Call of Duty 5 has not yet been revealed though.

Probably Treyarch will be developing the game. It's already known that Infinity Ward will not be developing the game. Activision announced they want to bring out a new Call of Duty game every year.

I can't wait :grin:

Level 4
WW1 would be cool

Missions:
Charge and live :grin:
set up barbed wire, and all that good stuff and defend
defend via machine gun
Plane missions
Run over everything with your tank mission
Take out targets with snipe
Etc

Level 35
I'm glad they'll make it. I think this will be in the future just like the Battlefield series. I hope it will be in WWIII. Just imagine: An international war with futuristic technology, set in many scenarios, many weapons, many enemies! And in the end the aliens would attack! A total GOTY idea!

btw I think WWI would also be a good idea. But I'm bored of WWII.

Level 5
I know someone working on this. And sadly it is on WW2. It will come to all 3 consoles including Wii this time around. Thats all he told to me even though I itched for more he knew he could be sued for telling more.

Level 6
What are they gonna do, make a small step to realism that makes everyone like the game and never want to play any other fps, My brother gave be halo 3 because bullets wont travel through a few surfaces, i mean god dammit its such a small thing like that and people go nuts for it.

if they go WW 2 make German campaign, i want to know what the Germans fought like, I was watching the history channel, heard something about Germany bombing the U.S. advance in France, I didn't even know Germany bombed us, that was when i realized how little i know about the German side of WW 2. all i know is U.S. invades Normandy, pushes Germany back and takes em out.

Level 6
All COD games is just the same thing, know what COD5 combat is gonne be like through out the entire game? exactly as it was in the first mission, if they go WW II they will make it so larger caliber bullets will shoot through some building walls or something like that, and at that small step to a more reaslistc gameplay will make everyone go insane about it, just like in COD4. so you can shoot through some surfaces, now its the most realistic game and everyone loves it soo much.

WW1 was a war where nobody survived. They just hid in trenches then ran through barren terrain while getting shot at.

There weren't any tactics, there were no portable maxchine gunes, there were no decent planes, there were no tanks and the average life expectancy was extremely short.

I think we can all agree this would make a crappy game.

Level 35
Call of Duty 2142 sounds awesome. I love future games. Only problem with all of the CODs are that they are too short. Making a freelancer game like San Andreas or Freelancer would be awesome (you know when you can explore around and shit, but this time with spaceships and planets). That might be good, even if it's not really COD style.

Level 5
I told you it would be WW2. But I'm still puzzled why they went back when CoD4's setting was a great success.

Level 2
Well at least were not going back to europe to kill nazis but still I prefer it to be a modern call of duty and also to be created by Infinty ward.

Level 5
Well it'll be an interesting take and a new side to WW2 we haven't played that much. Some of the pacific islands could make quite interesting war fields. However WILLTHEALMIGHTY, you came across very aggressive and rude before.

Level 2
Also if anyone is intrested gameplay of this game well be on Gametrailers.com tommorrow so we can see if this will be a flop.

Level 35
A shooter based around the Cold War would be utterly pathetic, don't even bother mentioning.

Do you know the game Operation Flashpoint?? It is about a Russian-American conflict in 1985, in some eastern-european islands, like Kolgujev and Nogovo.

That game is A PURE WIN!!!! It's GOTY of 2001. Making something like that with better graphics, changed storyline and etc. would be epic.

Level 15
I would just like to note that Infinity Ward is not making it, which means that the other company CAN be total idiots by going back to WW2. The market is overflooded with those games.

I told you, Infinity Ward isn't stupid. It would never go back to WW2 when there are so many games in that era.

Yes, but there is only 1 CoD.
German campaign would be a great refreshment to a ww2 FPS.
Trashing, americans at market garden, making french shit their pants form blitzkrieg.
Or even better, altered WW2 where germans conquered UK and stayed in alliance with USSR.
Anyway, yes there are too many ww2 games, and yes ww1 would suck BAD.
Future warfare, there is such a game as "BF2142".
Ok to cut this short, I would like anything they make as long as they cut the bullshit with "goody smart" americans.

Level 15
Well I strictly doubt that nobody wants to play another "American saves the World" game.
And by the way They entered the war just because Russians would conquer entire Europe sooner or later. Americans attacked Germans just to protect themselves from the USSR.
Anyway I tought that you from all the people would like "World wide USSR" scenario.
you have to kill americans with germans. For most of the people on Earth, it's just morally incorrect.
Well, I do think that bigger part of the world thinks opposite.

Level 35
Well I strictly doubt that nobody wants to play another "American saves the World" game.

I agree that everyone had enough of that. As pointed out before, the market is overflooded with WWII US games.

And by the way They entered the war just because Russians would conquer entire Europe sooner or later. Americans attacked Germans just to protect themselves from the USSR.

They ENDED the war to protect themselves from the USSR. If the US didn't interfere, the Germans would have taken all Europe. The Germans failed the war only because they had to fight on multiple fronts. They could have pwned Russia if they didn't have to cover their ass from the US/UK allies.

Anyway I tought that you from all the people would like "World wide USSR" scenario

That's a 10/10, altough I don't think that too many people would agree with me.

Level 15
They ENDED the war to protect themselves from the USSR. If the US didn't interfere, the Germans would have taken all Europe. The Germans failed the war only because they had to fight on multiple fronts. They could have pwned Russia if they didn't have to cover their ass from the US/UK allies.

They could trash americans on the omaha if they wanted to.
The thing was, germans would rather surender to the americans than russians. Cause russians venegance would be fierce. So they chose the lesser evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.