• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Achievement TD v1.13

Pure Nature no longer costs an additional 1000g.
If a computer player is accidentally added he should no longer win the damage test with 0 damage.
You can now lose lives from Minions of Aendri if your portal has been moved by the Shiny Orb.
Buildings now refund in full when cancelled.
The interval that checks for when the next wave should begin has been reduced to stop selling during that interval and earning more interest.
Achievement #42 will now display on the achievements list.
Some unused objects were removed from the game to reduce size slightly.
A bricksmithing guide was added to the quest log.
Items will no longer drop off of Dave, Shade of Arche and Aendri.
New item for the Panda boss fights - Ibos Mask. The chance of getting a net has been reduced slightly. (from 50% to 33%)
Fixed some tooltip errors.
If you have three items in your inventory and use Combine, Break Down will no longer activate.
The Chillwind Tower no longer slows.
Enemies will no longer spawn for computer players.
Custom minimap image added.
The follow waves have had their difficulty reduced: 21, 30, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45
Impossible mode no longer exists. The achievement for playing the game on Impossible has been replaced with playing the game on Extreme.
Creating Pure Earth now gives the Ultima achievement.
The size of Minions of Dave and Elite Minions of Dave has been reduced.
Itemized now displays a message when you earn it.

NOTE: GG_Pope = ZiggyMcjoney = Arche = Vantuex. All of those are different names for the same person. This map is my own creation :p.

Welcome to Achievement TD!

The objective of this TD is no different to any other TD - protect your portal at the end of the maze from waves of mobs by building towers. However, this TD has many differences from your standard tower defense. To upgrade towers, you must spend achievement points.

How do you earn achievement points? Tonnes of ways - building certain towers, completing certain bonus waves, killing certain numbers of units, almost anything. This TD is heavily strategic - to beat the more difficult modes players will have to learn the strengths and weaknesses of their towers, the combinations of towers they want to build and when to build them. It's a challenging experience, but success is very rewarding in this map!

This TD currently features over 100 towers, 42 achievements and 45 waves. Certain waves have bonus features, such as units you have to save, damage tests and even a boss that tries to pull the portal further through your maze! Learn to overcome these challenges and you'll have great success in the world of Achievement TD.

Thanks to:
Aendri - For map testing, ideas and comic relief
Dave - For not testing the map when we wanted him to and letting me make him a prawn in the storyline.
Gnollking - For his constant willingness to test the map because he's too lazy to do anything else, and his l33t skills making balancing the map a breeze.
Lokilokii - For losing his RoC CD and being unable to play TFT.
rappunk23 - For ideas and support :D
DeathWing - For ideas and inspiration
Vexorian - For his awesome map optimizer
The general community of TheHelper.net for it's awesome assistance whenever I needed it.

Have fun! Replays, bug reports and damage test figures are much appreciated <3

Keywords:
tower defense, achievement, td, gg_pope, arche, ziggymcjoney, vantuex
Contents

Achievement TD v1.13 (Map)

Reviews
04:26, 16th Sep 2009 ap0calypse: Approved I've played it for quite a while and I must say it's a really good map. Achievements are pretty common these days, but it doesn't bother me... I like them. Also a nice touch of humour to it (good...

M

04:26, 16th Sep 2009
ap0calypse: Approved

I've played it for quite a while and I must say it's a really good map.
Achievements are pretty common these days, but it doesn't bother me... I like them.

Also a nice touch of humour to it (good humour, that is).
Good job, approved with a 4/5 (Recommended)...

Level 4
My friend just reported that, has been updated.

I missed it in testing because I didn't lose any lives, heh =\.

All other players can lose lives, however, cause the other three in-game did.

Sorry about that little hiccup, its fixed now :D enjoy.

Level 1
ye same happened to me...
those rocks in front of that portal are blocking them X_x
EDIT:
i cant start the new version for some reason...the older one(1.06) was okay bit this one...
EDIT 2:
found another bug...
at the first lvl of that...war between thieves and gnomes...the wave doesnt end if the players have chosen different races to fight for >_>

Last edited:
Level 4
It doesn't? o_O

Gawd, all these bugs popping up today that have never popped up before.

Will try and fix this but I have school soon so this version probably won't be updated yet.

What do you mean you can't start the new version?

And the rocks weren't what was causing it, by the way.

EDIT: Ok, hopefully the map is free of major bugs right now, unless testing reveals anything else we've missed over the last, like, month. Heh :p. Seems I've gotten off to a shaky start, but hopefully everything will be just fine now.

Level 1
with "i cant start it " i mean when i want to start the game in singeplayer i just return to the map preview instead of starting the map
and when i try to host it i get an error "map couldnt be found" for some reason
EDIT: i dont know what uve done but 1.08 works now again
so dont mind it ;D

Level 19
A very good TD, it was very interesting, though a lot of the achievements were just the completion of a level or the attainment of a certain number of kills, which is rather shallow. They seems like more of a restriction to my gold (I had heaps of it) than actual rewards...
The battles near the end were a nice touch, though they could have been shorter (more damage) and seemed to have littler user interaction, your towers didnt make much of a difference.
4.5/5

Last edited:
Level 4
A very good TD, it was very interesting, though a lot of the achievements were just the completion of a level or the attainment of a certain number of kills, which is rather shallow. They seems like more of a restriction to my gold (I had heaps of it) than actual rewards...
The battles near the end were a nice touch, though they could have been shorter (more damage) and seemed to have littler user interaction, your towers didnt make much of a difference.
4.5/5
Thanks a lot for your feedback :D!

Glad you like it!

I agree with the er, shallowness of achievements. It's a bit of a shame, theres not much you can do in a TD :p.

HOWEVER: The achievements aren't a restriction to gold, they are more to encourage you to build in certain ways, or use certain strategies (strategies that once you find, you'll have more achievement points than you need)

I really would like more achievement ideas, if you've got any cool ones that would be great.

And your towers don't really make much of a difference yes, but you may not have noticed that the panda's strength is based off how many achievement points you have.

Really glad you liked it, and thanks for the rating!

If anyone experienced a bug on waves 36-38 where teh bosses disappeared instantly (wondering: did you experience that? you didn't seem too >.>)
a fix is incoming :D and hopefully THEN there will be no more bugs.
One day I dream of this map without any bugs :p

Level 2
Original Concept(for Warcraft III). Definently worth downloading. A few bugs though...

-When I accidently put in a Com player in one slot, he won the Maze tester trial without damaging it.
-The thief lord achievement didn't work even though I stole twice the needed amount.

Also...... TELL ME HOW TO HET THE SECRET ACHIEVEMENT!!! I MUST KNOW!

AND WHAT DA HECK IS AN EPILECTIC BONFIRE????

Level 4
Original Concept(for Warcraft III). Definently worth downloading. A few bugs though...

-When I accidently put in a Com player in one slot, he won the Maze tester trial without damaging it.
-The thief lord achievement didn't work even though I stole twice the needed amount.

Also...... TELL ME HOW TO HET THE SECRET ACHIEVEMENT!!! I MUST KNOW!

AND WHAT DA HECK IS AN EPILECTIC BONFIRE????

Thanks for the bug reports. I'll get those fixed this weekend.

The secret achievement is secret :p it is by far not worth the time it takes though, its basically a novelty.

An epileptic bonfire is what you want it to be. ;)

Level 2
PLEASE TELL ME?? I tried tower spamming, over gambling, typing spam repeatedly, and spamming the rally ability on the portal.

Also, why can you get a gold bar when you play as the pandarian? you can't transfer it to the TD after you beat it.

Level 4
PLEASE TELL ME?? I tried tower spamming, over gambling, typing spam repeatedly, and spamming the rally ability on the portal.

Also, why can you get a gold bar when you play as the pandarian? you can't transfer it to the TD after you beat it.

You shouldn't be able to, I thought I fixed that. But it's not a major problem, so oh well.

Also I'm not going to tell you, sorry :p

Level 2
Nice map with good unusual idea (achievements). Many towers, many other things. I like it :grin::thumbs_up:
4,5/5 for me (I give 5/5 for "best ever" maps :cwink: But yours almost has this title :cwink:)

Level 1
Make around 15 different minigames (all singleplayer) and have around 5-15 achievements for each 1 (some games have more achievements than others). Like maybe a shooting game, where you hit x targets in y time :
1. Beat the game once.
2. Beat the game in x seconds.
3. Beat the game in (even less) seconds.
4. Hit x targets in a row without missing.
5. Hit x targets in y seconds.
etc.
Ideas for minigames
-Dodging game, move around and dont get hit by w/e
-racing game
-boxing game, where you use an ability to atk with a few seconds total atk time, (so cpu or w/e has time to block) and another one to dodge/block with low/high hits and low/high blocks
-footman type game
-seperate mini td lol, where you have a small area with tiny towers and little creeps.
etc.

And the minigames end after you leave them so it wont be like you'd have 2 tds to manage at once (for the last one) just you start it up and manage them both until you want to stop/lose. and maybe you spend achievement points to unlock new ones and you get them after a certain amount of waves.

Anyways this seems like its a pretty cool map so im downloading now, hope my suggestions help because I want to see original maps like this grow :p

Level 1
Bugs

I found 2 pretty big bugs.
1. Me and 2 friends were playing on GGC and my friend got a blink tower and he used it to block his lane.
2. The minigame where you have to Flick the Switch crashed us all out with a fatal error.

Level 2
Good but...

Hi... i never interest on TD map before but meet this map.
So creative that can put combine nation weapon on tower and also even the tower is few but u can make it defferrent type... GJ... i like it.

But i found some Bug.

im using 1.21b vertion.
1.Normal mode - only spawn till lvl47.

2.Extherme mode - A boss level that a Big Orc is trying killing a Blood Elf (Invorker)___ when i kill the boss. some time it dont appare the question <that let him go> or <Just kill it>. :bored: this might make me lose the +damage free aura tower.

3.One of the + 10%damage weapon cant stack with the damage aura tower.

4.the <Full Splash> effect tower has not Aoe effect at all.

Sugguestion :mwahaha:

1.rebuild the Gamble tower Naga Temple tower that can blink. cause i use this tower to block the road, is a ready 100% win. al creeps stuck at 1 place and doesn't move.

2.add more usefull weapon, and some aura thing.

3.the ultimate tower skill is too weak. :spell_breaker:

keep work on it. Gan Bah Teh :xxd:

Last edited:

EPW

EPW

Level 4
Ultimate Tower sucks, and panda round is a bit dumb, should make it an achievement, not a round. Also, it stopped at level 47 and that was it...fix this before I will rate it.

Level 1
This map gave me quite a few laughs (and I'm not even a fan of TD's) so gj :)
Oh and building pure fire doesn't award you the achievement for ultimate tower, should fix that :)

Level 4
I'm glad that everyone is enjoying this map.

After coming back after a rather long hiatus, I have found that I've lost the unprotected version of this map, and therefor cannot make the small changes I had planned.

There are a few bugs that annoy me in this map, but overall I am proud of it and am atleast content that I managed to get it to this level before I lost it.

Thanks for your feedback everyone!

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
To the game developer:

Fun map. :thumbs_up:

Change the achievement icon to its original not to the lumber related one in the construct/upgrade options.
The wisp lags, turn rate slow maybe ?
Towers should face their targets not shoot them like Michael Jordan's back eye closed slam.
Color the hotkey letters.
Cinematic idea is good. More time for the acting lines so players can read comfortably. Off with the Caps Lock. (Geez !)
Change the passive spells' icons to look like passive spell icons.
The Gnollking and Medhival are flying ?
The Heatwave tower is noisy :grin: