1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Accessing memory from the script - it's time of the revolution

Discussion in 'The Lab' started by leandrotp, May 17, 2016.

1. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Can you please make it XP compatible?

2. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Probably not as XP is kind of not supported anymore. Would mean having to use older, pre Vista APIs to do stuff in general.

3. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Are you the developer of War3Loader?

Fyi, it would seem the widescreen fix made by @ENAleksey as a .mix file, does work with v1.26a on XP SP3 with my French version of the game. I will test his fix some other day with v1.27a and v1.27b.

4. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    No, but if it was easy then surely the developer would have made it support XP already? As a software engineer I know that Windows changed a lot of its APIs between XP and Vista to make them more future proof, and these new APIs are not supported by XP. Microsoft has dropped pretty much all support for XP by now.

5. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, clicking on the appropriate checkbox in Visual Studio 2015/2017 so that it produces an exe compatible with XP, would be a first step.

I notice that War3Loader.exe seems to call the debug libraries, if I understand correctly what VirusTotal says about its PE imports.

Fyi, the current version of the Microsoft Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017 is 14.10.25017, and it installs just fine on XP SP3. VS 2017 builds upon and expands VS 2015's features.

6. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Which requires one to download and install the XP compatibility module of VS, something not necessarily done by default (unless installing on XP for obvious reasons). If using C++ one then needs to change the windows version define macro to be appropriate for XP so that a suitable windows header is used (defaults to Windows 10). One then needs to remove all Windows Vista and later API calls, which might reduce compatibility for Vista and later operating systems as there is a reason they were added in the first place. It can turn out to be as simple as a rebuild, but also it could turn out to be impossible.

7. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That is why the developer of War3Loader is the best qualified to tell whether or not it can be made compatible with XP.

8. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    War3Loader isn't working for me, throws bunch of MSVCP140D.DLL, VCRUNTIME140D.DLL errors.

9. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @A Void :
    Those files are not part of any of the Visual Studio 2015/2017 Redistributables.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  10. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What do you mean?

11. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    War3Loader requires the Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 dll files in order to run.

Such dll files come in two flavors: the ones for the end-users, and the ones for the developers. The name of the ones for the developers end with a 'D'. They are useful for debugging purposes.

Now if you have a look at the VirusTotal report, under the tab 'File Detail', paragraph 'PE Imports', you will notice that the executable uses the developer version of the dlls, not the regular end-user ones.

The problem is, the developer version of these files are not included in any of the Visual Studio 2015/2017 Redistributables afaik.

Fyi, the latest version of the 2017 Runtime for end-users can be downloaded from here:
    Téléchargements | IDE, Code et Team Foundation Server | Visual Studio
    (under 'Other Tools and Frameworks')

It supersedes any of the 2015 runtimes.

12. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    This build should work on Windows XP and Windows 10. You also shouldn't have to download any developer libraries.

Attached Files:

13. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This new version now also works on XP SP3 (tested with Patch 1.26a, French version).
    Thanks a lot. :thumbs_up:

For some reason, the first time I launched War3Loader, it did not load its plugin ('Checking for plugins...' / 'No plugins were found' in the debug txt file). Therefore, proper widescreen worked in the Campaign, but not the transparency effect with the UI.
    So I then quit the game, launched it again and this time I loaded your demo map. The transparency stuff worked.
    Since then, the plugin seems to always load as expected, and therefore the transparency effect now works always. Even where it did not the first time. Go figure... Does your loader write something in the Registry?

Should you want to develop this loader some more, then maybe you could add the possibility to launch RoC, for those who want to play its solo campaign?

** edit **

@Dr Super Good:
    - All You Need to Know About the WannaCrypt Ransomware - MajorGeeks
    "Due to the scale of the attack, to deal with the unsupported Windows systems and to contain the spread of the ransomware, Microsoft has taken the unusual step of releasing updates for all older unsupported operating systems from Windows XP onwards."
    - http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4012598

Plus, about the POSReady 2009 updates:
    - POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU
    (unofficial, and unsupported by Microsoft)

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  14. leandrotp

leandrotp

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Updated libraries Memory and Version with brand new features (automatic offset detection and new syntax for bytecode). Check the 1st post for more info and get the updated libraries.

15. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Hey, I have tested it. It's working, but sometimes the map crashed when loading. Only sometimes...
    Btw, this is supposed to work on 1.28.1 and above right?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  16. leandrotp

leandrotp

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes it is, although there was a small mistake of my part (forgot to remove a "return" instruction), I have just tested it under 1.28.5 and it worked.
    I have uploaded a new version of the TestMap, please take a look on my post at the other thread.

However, if you say it's crashing "only sometimes" for you, it means that the searching algorithm might be hitting some false positives. I will make a better Testmap, that outputs Debug messages to a file via Preloader native. This will help me to detect the problem.

17. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    This is weird. I'm sure it worked quite well before, but after some hours the crash appeared much more often now. It crashed like 75% of times. :/
    I hope you can find the solution soon. : )

I have tested the map btw, and I think the text is way too small to read.

18. Marcos_M

Marcos_M

Resources:
    Resources:
    Question: Is it possible to make a "PlayerPressesAnyKey" and detect which key is pressed?
    I want to create a "quick cast" system :3

19. ZiBitheWand3r3r

ZiBitheWand3r3r

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    After replacing pjass.exe I imported to clean map: Typecast, Memory, Version, Bitwise, ObjectData, Utils libraries (from 1st post). Got error on saving: "Undeclared function Int2Hex()"
    in library "Version". Do I need additional lib?

20. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Just comment out all BJDebugMsg in a function called "StackSearcher".

BTW, if you have tested this version, please let me know whether it's crashing or not. The crash only happens sometimes tho.