1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Abuse of Power Much?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by pandamanana, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pandamanana

pandamanana

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    *edit* Okay. I'm sorry for over reacting about my -rep and spamming the Off-Topic section. I have seen the error of my ways. (thanks to Wolverabid) I'll remember not to spam my useless dribble ever again. No, no one is paying me to say this, I'm serious. And I'm also here to apologies to the Moderators of the Hive for my rude comments. I'll keep my thoughts to myself from now on. *gulps some sake* I have to give a big "thank you" to Wolverabid and Rui for showing me the error of my ways and how to fix them. ^_^ peace from Pandaria.

-Pandamanana

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  2. Deckboy

Deckboy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I believe if you read the news you would have seen that operator had become a moderator. . .

Then why did you make a question such as the burning question? That has almost NOTHING to do with the Hive and wc3. I do understand that it IS in the off-topic forum but still. . .

I also believe Mecheon has reasons for the actions he did and can defend them quite well.

-Deck

3. Tonks

Tonks

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's just rep. It's not like you've been banned. Rep is just a comment system.

4. Wolverabid

Wolverabid

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Alright, if you've gotten it off your chest and feel better now, lets head over to the New Smilies? thread and see if we can't do something productive that might perhaps reverse the neg rep situation.

5. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You can have fun, but dont be stupid since thats just rude to everyone who came here and made the site and supported it for more mature things than spam, simple as that.

and rep is rep, not the end of the world if you get red, but you should be aware why rep is in the system and what it really means.

6. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I know plenty of forums where those types of threads lead to warnings, amongst other things. I know plenty of other forums where they lead to worse

7. Deathbringer

Deathbringer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Gah how I missed mecheon taking bites outta my soul and making me cry myself to sleep =D

<3 ya man and keep up the good work, one ruined life at a time =p

8. camel's_hump

camel's_hump

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Yes, you are. It looks like you have only been negged once recently, is that such a big deal? Now if you had gotten negged more than once recently then you would be in deeper trouble, right now you are only starting to enter the wrong path:p

9. Mini-Me

Mini-Me

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Being an emo and saying stuff like that gets you negative reputation. Rules are ment to be obeyd. Imo this topic is pure spam even if its in the offtopic section. I'd neg rep you again but I'll have to spread my rep more first.

And on further notice, stop getting things off your chest. We (I) dont care about it, you will only be breaking a rule, spamming, and that will result in more negative reputation.

10. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dude ... -15 rep is ban ...

11. Chriz.

Chriz.

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's not, look at infuzions.

And anyway, saying you "HATE" forum mod's really makes us more sympathetic.

12. GoldenRam

GoldenRam

Resources:
    Resources:
    If mods and admins are going to deal out bad rep, please contact us with a pm saying why. Right now I have -4 and I have no idea how I got it. I am an administrator on another forum, and we do not do such things without notifying the person/offender.

13. Chriz.

Chriz.

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If you check your profile it says right there why you got what and when.

14. Mini-Me

Mini-Me

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Goldenram, just check your profile. Werewulf gave you a reason:

GoldenRam's Helms Deep... 02-06-2007 05:11 AM Werewulf Dont post in the wrong Section please.

15. GoldenRam

GoldenRam

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry for the late reply. That threat was from wc3sear.ch and was moved over during the merger, so thats basically the wc3sear.ch rules you were reading. I have no idea if any of those rules carried over during the merger.
    -VGsatomi

I only Recently Recieved a reply from VG, and the rules were revised AFTER I made my original post.

16. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Okay Panda, forum mods do not abuse their power, its like saying police officers are abusing their power when they arrest someone for shooting someone else. There are rules and they have to be enforced, and moderators and admins have the job of enforcing these rules. What you posted was considered spam (beyond even the realm of off topic-ness) so you got negative reputation for what you did. Double posting is a stupid, stupid thing to do, because most of the time people just do it when their post hasen't been answered yet and they want someone to. Most of the time you get off with a warning, however this is up to the moderator to decide. If you accidently double posted, then i'm sure you can talk it over with a moderator, and the admins offer a policy that gets rid of your negative rep if you appeal to them and argue your case. All of these mods, such as deck and operator, have been at the hive A LOT longer then you, and they have earned the right to become moderators as they have proven themselves to be talented, responsible, mature individuals who can directly benefit the community by serving whichever part of the forums that they are assigned to. Myself and Deckboy, for example, do the resource section, along with others. We both volunteered for the position when Ralle asked, and we proved to him that our judgement in accepting/denying maps is the way it should be. As well, other moderators, like Operator, Chriz, Camels_Hump, etc have been signed on recently and in large numbers because of the amount the Hive has grown. Since the merger the Hive is a much busier place, and with more members you need more moderators to watch over the place. All of these individuals are quite talented at what they do, and they were chosen by the admins for said talents, and they have not let us down. Unless you are an anti-authoritarian (in which case you should leave and never return, because this place will only bring you misery) you need to learn to respect the rules and see the reason why you were punished for whatever it was that you did. If you cannot see this reason, even from negative rep comments etc, then by all means PM an admin and they will sort it out with you.

17. camel's_hump

camel's_hump

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    You know you can delete your own post if you 'accidently' double post.

18. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Precisely, so if you are to lazy and/or retarded to find out how to do that, well then you deserve the negative rep anyway.

19. AlotofGarbage

AlotofGarbage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes you must be over reacting o_O. Yea the forum can be fun if you act the way you should(someone want to proove me wrong there? xD). No the lil moderators aren't abusing their power, there just doing whats right. Calling them lil nerds at computers is offensive to me :'(."LOLOZLOLZOLZOLROFELOFALEOL X VERSUS X LZKOFOFLzOPLOKOFLZOLFL" ....lol xD. Yay for the nerdy threads! I thought it was a spam thread ;<. Ehm....yea........someone announced that Operator, Fl4meS, etc became mods. I'd give you +rep(-rep) for $100 bucks. Kk you've got it off your chest now? say want a chocolate cake?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  20. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Lunatechnick, if I am not wrong, was banned at -6 while certain members are below -10. How you mods determine when to ban an user?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.