• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Abuse of Power Much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
*edit* Okay. I'm sorry for over reacting about my -rep and spamming the Off-Topic section. I have seen the error of my ways. (thanks to Wolverabid) I'll remember not to spam my useless dribble ever again. No, no one is paying me to say this, I'm serious. And I'm also here to apologies to the Moderators of the Hive for my rude comments. I'll keep my thoughts to myself from now on. *gulps some sake* I have to give a big "thank you" to Wolverabid and Rui for showing me the error of my ways and how to fix them. ^_^ peace from Pandaria.

-Pandamanana

Last edited:
Level 10
I believe if you read the news you would have seen that operator had become a moderator. . .

I came to the Hive Workshop because I thought I found a forum where I could actually have fun! omg! And talk about Warcraft 3 and map making and all that jazz.

Then why did you make a question such as the burning question? That has almost NOTHING to do with the Hive and wc3. I do understand that it IS in the off-topic forum but still. . .

I also believe Mecheon has reasons for the actions he did and can defend them quite well.

-Deck

Level 16
pandamanana said:
okay. first of all I HATE forums mods. They complain about stupid rules like double posting.

Being an emo and saying stuff like that gets you negative reputation. Rules are ment to be obeyd. Imo this topic is pure spam even if its in the offtopic section. I'd neg rep you again but I'll have to spread my rep more first.

And on further notice, stop getting things off your chest. We (I) dont care about it, you will only be breaking a rule, spamming, and that will result in more negative reputation.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

It's not, look at infuzions.

And anyway, saying you "HATE" forum mod's really makes us more sympathetic.

Level 5
If mods and admins are going to deal out bad rep, please contact us with a pm saying why. Right now I have -4 and I have no idea how I got it. I am an administrator on another forum, and we do not do such things without notifying the person/offender.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

If you check your profile it says right there why you got what and when.

Level 5
Sorry for the late reply. That threat was from wc3sear.ch and was moved over during the merger, so thats basically the wc3sear.ch rules you were reading. I have no idea if any of those rules carried over during the merger.
-VGsatomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenRam
Quote:
Original maps only. That mean no edits of other people's work. This includes blizzard. The only exceptions to this is if a map was willingly passed on from one owner to the next, and not valid edits made from open source maps.
I have been overhauling a Helms Deep map for the past month. I plan to make the definitive Hornburg Map, but the map I have worked on was worked on by 4 editors previously. As each new editor picked it up it got progressively better. Because this map is an edit of an edit of an edit of an edit, would I be able to submit it in the map development section? My changes are quite substantial, and I believe it will be the standard of quality expected for all LOTR maps. One you will likely never delete. I did not want to make a thread about it because I am unsure of the rules... I plan to give credit to all of the past editors. If you could fill me in on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

BTW I was unable to contact any of the previous editors, as I cannot play on B-net because I lack an internet connection at home.

-GoldenRam

I only Recently Recieved a reply from VG, and the rules were revised AFTER I made my original post.

Level 36
Okay Panda, forum mods do not abuse their power, its like saying police officers are abusing their power when they arrest someone for shooting someone else. There are rules and they have to be enforced, and moderators and admins have the job of enforcing these rules. What you posted was considered spam (beyond even the realm of off topic-ness) so you got negative reputation for what you did. Double posting is a stupid, stupid thing to do, because most of the time people just do it when their post hasen't been answered yet and they want someone to. Most of the time you get off with a warning, however this is up to the moderator to decide. If you accidently double posted, then i'm sure you can talk it over with a moderator, and the admins offer a policy that gets rid of your negative rep if you appeal to them and argue your case. All of these mods, such as deck and operator, have been at the hive A LOT longer then you, and they have earned the right to become moderators as they have proven themselves to be talented, responsible, mature individuals who can directly benefit the community by serving whichever part of the forums that they are assigned to. Myself and Deckboy, for example, do the resource section, along with others. We both volunteered for the position when Ralle asked, and we proved to him that our judgement in accepting/denying maps is the way it should be. As well, other moderators, like Operator, Chriz, Camels_Hump, etc have been signed on recently and in large numbers because of the amount the Hive has grown. Since the merger the Hive is a much busier place, and with more members you need more moderators to watch over the place. All of these individuals are quite talented at what they do, and they were chosen by the admins for said talents, and they have not let us down. Unless you are an anti-authoritarian (in which case you should leave and never return, because this place will only bring you misery) you need to learn to respect the rules and see the reason why you were punished for whatever it was that you did. If you cannot see this reason, even from negative rep comments etc, then by all means PM an admin and they will sort it out with you.

Level 6
The past 3 minutes I have unfortunately worked myself into a big mess about me getting negative rep for my "Burning Question" thread. I'm most definitely over reacting. I came to the Hive Workshop because I thought I found a forum where I could actually have fun! omg! And talk about Warcraft 3 and map making and all that jazz. I have always had a problem with forums and their little moderators who abuse their powers and BLAM people for stupid stuff. I finally gave up and say "you know what Pandamanana, its not worth it. They are all little nerds at their computers (no offense of course) and you don't need to listen to them because you could be doing something productive." But finally I found the Hive. I have loved every minute that I've been on the hive. But then... I got -rep for making a thread about a "LOLOZLOLZOLZOLROFELOFALEOL X VERSUS X LZKOFOFLzOPLOKOFLZOLFL" topic. All I really wanted to do was spark a nerdy conversation with the people of the hive... and I did. But then BLAM -rep. I know I shouldn't care but seriously. Is that really spam? And when did all these people become mods? Operator? Fl4meS? its cool I just didn't notice I guess. Okay well I have $50 bucks on that someone will give me -rep, calling this spam (which it might be... I really don't know) ... I just needed to get this off my chest. ^_^ thx

Much love from Pandaria. -Pandamanana

Yes you must be over reacting o_O. Yea the forum can be fun if you act the way you should(someone want to proove me wrong there? xD). No the lil moderators aren't abusing their power, there just doing whats right. Calling them lil nerds at computers is offensive to me :'(."LOLOZLOLZOLZOLROFELOFALEOL X VERSUS X LZKOFOFLzOPLOKOFLZOLFL" ....lol xD. Yay for the nerdy threads! I thought it was a spam thread ;<. Ehm....yea........someone announced that Operator, Fl4meS, etc became mods. I'd give you +rep(-rep) for $100 bucks. Kk you've got it off your chest now? say want a chocolate cake?

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I'm sorry, but I also hate to see two posts from the same person right after each other. And I also got surprised with the promoting of some moderators; ask Mini-Me.

And Lunatechnick was banned because he really hit the limits. If I remember right, it was him who went spamming on all forums he could that brad has insulted him. I also noticed a constant spamming on World Editor Help Zone and other forums.

You're not one of the worse anyway, there are people who, in my opinion, should get a ban in the ass right away. Actually, the first time I saw you, you looked OK, I never checked why you had that negative reputation.

Level 8
Neg rep isnt the end of the world, you can still discuss a valid point or still be asked for help with certain things. Reputation is what its name implies, a reputation. It shows how helpful you've been on the forums and how much you have contributed to the creativity of this place or how unconstructive you have been.

I seriously doubt people look at your red symbol and immediately think "oh that guy's an asshole im not going to pay attention to anything he states." If you learn why you got -rep'ed then you can know now to do taht again.

Especially since the change only allowing rep to be handed out by moderators (correct me if im wrong), it is not easy digging yourself out of the ditch and people should understand that. Unless you win a contest or are a 24/7 philanthropist on these forums, you might have that red mark for a while. But it does not obstruct youre ability to help people out and give advice. People will most likely judge you on your current actions than past ones, unless you just got in a huge flame-fest or something of the like.

Basically if you disagree with the negative reputation given by a mod, you should take it up with the person that gave you the -rep in PM and do it respectfully and coherently, no one else here probably cares. I dont see why they wouldnt mind informing you of the reason in case you cant understand the comment accompanying the rep change.

....tangents and excessive ellaboration for the win lol

Level 6
Panda, Rep = no big deal. Its just another way of telling someone, or warning them that your doing something wrong, nothing bad at all!

I <3 you panda :)

Level 9
Okay Panda, forum mods do not abuse their power, its like saying police officers are abusing their power when they arrest someone for shooting someone else.

I'd have to say its more like e-bitchslapping someone, not like shooting someone.
(And speaking of rules. Where are they? Probably right infront of me, but I'm tired.)

Anyway, rep is not important. Well. At least for me.
Becuase I have 1.

Level 45
Guys, stop it. You have no RIGHT to say our actions and decisions are wrong, you are not the authority or leaders... and we shouldnt be insulted just because we are mods or admins or WHOEVER. We did NOT kill Lunatechnick, god...we were doing our jobs.

We dont have to ban a person when they reach a certain rep, we dont have to give a community notice on who was banned and why, its non of your fricking business seriously.

Lunatechnick insulted and flamed a mod and asked to be banned in an insultive way, he asked for it.

Just becuase you guys love him or saw him innocent doesnt mean he is, he broke the rules and thats that, if i broke the rules, go ahead de-rep or ban me, because the rules are for everyone, even if your respected member or a nobody.

Now...stop it, Seriously...this is just ridiculous....and its gone to far.

Last edited:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Look, I'm tired of all these people saying we're stupid for banning Lunatechnick.

He sent me a personal message cursing and flaming me because I gave him an infraction.

I believe his words were "ban me then bitch, bite me all u fuckin like!"

So STOP the Goddamn conversation about his ban. Just drop it, and deal with it.

Level 36
Right, we know, you didn't have to post that. Werewulf, you're taking things a bit too far. What you are saying is that this forum is ruled under a dictatorship where what the admins say is law, and anyone who doesn't like it can fuck off. This is wrong. We do not have an authoritarian management system. Last I checked this was half way between a democracy and a dictatorship, the way it should be. This is how I think it works: The users are free to protest as much as they like (as long as its in a peaceful way) and they also have the right to be informed. When people are uninformed, they get misconceptions about what's going on and that creates a rift between the management and the users. We do NOT want a rift between the two, because that causes a lot of tension. HOWEVER, on the other end of the scale: users can protest and share their opinion (in a non offensive way) as much as they like, and the admins (if they are smart) will take these opinions, critiques, comments, etc into mind (because they want whats best for the community as a whole) and possibly alter their decision, what have you. BUT ultimately what the admins say goes. We can protest and try and alter their views, as we should, and the admins should be willing to accept this, but if there is no arguement, then the admins have the right to go ahead with their decision. Those who retain an admin position have the ability to judge their actions wisely, that's why they are chosen for the jobs, and most decisions they make are the right ones, however no one is perfect. As i've said countless times, if you have a question, comment or concern then by all means send an admin a private message and i'm sure they will be happy to help you. The administrators and the moderators are hand picked, so to criticise them is not the wisest decision, since they are usually right. There are always exceptions, of course.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Paragraphs are a wonderful thing Brad : )

Level 36
Paragraphs are a wonderful thing Brad : )

I'm trying to make a point, not write an essay. If I wanted to use proper writing structure, I would, but I don't. I can't make paragraphs out of forum posts, because I write them off the top of my head. There's no structure, I just try to communicate my point in any way possible, and if it means writing an exstensively long post without using proper structure, well it's a low price to pay for communicating a point.

Level 16
I'm trying to make a point, not write an essay. If I wanted to use proper writing structure, I would, but I don't. I can't make paragraphs out of forum posts, because I write them off the top of my head. There's no structure, I just try to communicate my point in any way possible, and if it means writing an exstensively long post without using proper structure, well it's a low price to pay for communicating a point.

I'll have to argue with that, imo you were just rambling with no clear direction. So you didnt really make any point :p.

Level 5
Imo to Mini-Me then, you must have been reading with tunnel vision and a closed mind if you don't think Brad made a point...

About Lunat, what is stopping him from coming back and making a new account?

Level 5
Overzealous moderators are imposing too much upon the community, you are entitled to your own opinions as we the community are also entitled. In the final analysis I find that "some" moderators are being a bit too extreme, as an administrator on another forum, I take a more professional view of things, calm and calculating. Someone like Chriz. is a good example of a moderator, giving much thought in his posts. I do not often see people of your status behaving like so... "Could you summarize Brad's point for a dumbass like me?"
If you want a good example of moderating you could also visit the forum where I moderate (Fliggerty's morrowind mods- look for Wasabi) ;)

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Are you using me as a good or bad example in there?

Level 6
Since its ontopic now....

I love Chriz ...i odn't know any other Moderators enough :O

Brad seems cool tho :O

Level 45
Brad, i never said that the admins can make the laws and do want they want even if it breaks the rules, im saying that what they put out(rules) we must ALL accept, even the admins. I never said the admins can be hipporcrits or mods can swear at everyone and do whatever they want.

and i only read the first few sentances...my brain cant read..all that.

Seriously, why are we even argueing? There is no discrimination at all or even in the rules, feel free to point them out, but DO NOT start insulting us and say the admins are doing a poor job.

like said, i see no discrimination, thus there is no need for such negative opinions towards the admins and mods, and even if i wasnt a mod, id still be saying this, so dont think im using my position as a form of cover or a badge.

Last edited:
Level 18
Brad, people can not read walls of text.
Add spacing so we can actually read what you are bitching about. And circle arguments and random insults, plus changing peoples words is not considered making points. Say what you have to say and say it once.

Oh and why has a mod not just deleted this retarded thread.

one more point anyone here bitching pay the bills for this fine forum?
no? thought so, sit down shut up and enjoy the privilege you are given, unless you want to start paying taxes...
Seriously this is an online forum grow up.

Words to live by.
arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics even if you win you are still retarded.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.