• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

About the Druid class(need advice)

Druids...... Good or Bad

• Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good for buffing and regen.. just not melee

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
If any one has been keeping up with all the updates blizzard has put out, i would like some help. I am going to play the open beta and i wanted to make a Druid. Back in the day druids were said to be good then they got nerfed and their alt forms suck ass. I was just wondering if they were made better, and if I should make one. Please help me

Thanks.

and when is the beta comin out?

Level 13
The Druid is a very powerful class. Did you know that they can morph into :passive animals" that are not targeted or considered enemies. This is an exellent way to spy on your enemy or hide at the last minute. Sea Animal form lets you travel at accellerated speeds in water and you can breathe unterwater. This is a great way to scout water dungeons. The flying form is very handy when you need to hide, or are traving in dangerouse zones. The Druid is an effective class when soloing\PvP and exploring dungeons. You should make a Druid.

The Open Beta will begin within a week.

Level 3
Ok i got a few more questions cuz you seem to know what your talking about :D. Jk I wanna know 1)Do they get pets that help to solo, if not then how do they solo. 2)Are they a melee class or a spell caster. 3)Do people want them in groups.

Thanks for all your advice

You kick ass man

Level 6
Konblade is right, the Druid Class is a good class, but I say that they also are the most funniest class, well....shape shifting is so cool and the
special-effects while morphing is so fantastic :lol:
Btw, im gonna be an Night Elf Male Druid (i'm gonna focus shapeshifting and natural healings magic).

Level 3
Well i played a druid back on EverQuest, because i wanted a buffer/soloer. But then i wanted to join groups, and they suck in groups. Are WoW druids gonna be the same way???

Level 13
The Druid is like a battle mage, he cannot summon pets, but can buy them and morph into powerful creatures for advanced gameplay. The Druid is adept at group support and soaking up damage. They can take a beating and can use several buffs to help group members. Similar to the Paladin class in terms of Magic\Battle, but unique for its ability to cast long lasting, stat improving, powerful buffs that can easily turn the tide in battle. The Druid is an exellent choice to play as at any time. The buffs last longer than the Paladon's Seals, yet still have only so much effect. A good choice for tanking and supporting, many groups will feel needy for a Druid at almost any level. I hope this helps.

Level 6
Konblade....what are you talking about? im in WoW Beta and I am a Night Elf Druid, and its true that Druids cant summon pets...thats the Warlock which summon pets but look at this :arrow:

''...but can buy them and morph into powerful creatures for advanced gameplay''

Buy pets and morph into them?! Konblade do you even got beta or do you atleast read the Info about WoW Classes? because druids can learn shapeshifting like an ability.....its not purchaseable :roll:

Level 3
Haha i know exactlly what you meant, but was too lazy to post. :D But about these pets, arethey saved or what. When you get one and it dies, is it dead for good or does it revive and how. And can any class get these pets? And what kinda of pets.

Level 6
You can't buy pets in WoW, only certain places has small shops where they sell pets, but thats only the Hunter that can walk around with an pet and buy them, and the Hunter can only have one pet at a time. Other Classes such as the Paladin, Warlock and Shaman they can summon their pets, the Paladin can summon the Charger, Warlocks can summon Infernals, Succubus, Imps and more summonable creatures, the Shaman can summon Shadow Wolfs, like the Far Ser in the
Wacraft III game, but all their pets would dissappear after a short/long period. Druids can morph into creatures, they cannot buy their ability or have an pet, only the Hunter can get pets and train them into powerful beasts.
I hope that this would end Thread.

Level 7
huhuuu hehee, but then came I! :D I don't know this for sure, but last I heard from the forums at the unofficial WoW site, the Druid was a broken class, as with the shaman - compared to other classes, they have a problem when soloing, as does the warlock unless able to have his Voidwalker do the damage. Indeed compared to the gear dependent classes, but also Hunter, Mage and Priest - I wouldn't know if this has been balanced yet in the beta, but as far as the Druid is concerned, you probably is gonna have to choose between Melee or Buffer hero - and furthermore if you choose Melee, choose only one of theese - cat or bear form skills

btw. I'm so much gonna be a Rouge :wink:

Level 3
It all depends on what talents you go.

Restoration is good for groups as you will be a healer, not as great as the Priest though, but druids are hybrids and a a bit of everything. Its not too bad for soloing either. Especially for downtime when you get Innervate around lv 40 (boosts mana regeneration for a bit, very effective)

Balance is... well not that great. You have a big downtime because you are casting like a mage except you use your own water supply and your spells are mediochre, and dont deal much damage. You'll have to keep casting over and over. Thats why druids take more time to kill enemies.

Feral is great for soloing because theres not much downtime and you can quickly heal yourself. Though you need the same sort of items as a rogue (Stamina, Agility and Strength while the others are Intellect, Spirit a bit of Stamina) for this form since Intellect isnt much use here.

Status
Not open for further replies.