• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] About stacking and not stacking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hello, I have a general question about ability stack like slow and poison..

Usually there is an information whether an ability stacks or not.
But, I asked myself, how do I know as a map-maker whether abilities stack with each other ?

I already know that auras with the same name / the same ability does not stack.
Example: Brilliance Aura lv. 1 does not stack with Brilliance Aura lv. 2

But, how can I create stacked poison or slow ?
YouTD has an ability that allows to poison an enemy with every attack and this poison stacks unlimited. How do I create such an ability ( with default abilities) or do I need to trigger it ?

And what about different poison abilities, do they stack by default ?

Basically I would like to know what's the secret of stacking and not stacking of abilities.

I would be very glad if someone could help me.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

So every time I want something to be stacked, I have to trigger it ?

Level 4
usually, abilities with the same buff do not stack
so for example, the trueshot aura uses the same buff on all levels and also the item that gives trueshot aura uses it
to make different abilities stack you have to copy the buff and give different copies of it to different abilities

with slow poison im not 100% sure but there is a field where u can set which effects of it stack and which dont

In slow poison, from my test :
1) if you allow DPS stack, the DPS will stack in amount (ex : 4 DPS hit from 3 different sources = 12 DPS)
2) if you allow Attack Rate stack, the attack reduction will stack in amount (ex : 30% attack reduction hit from 3 different sources = 90% reduction)
3) if you allow Movement stack, the movement speed will reduced in stacking amount (similar to Attack Rate)

Just one more, the kill unit option...

Poison attack's Kill Unit option allows the poison to kill it's victim, opposed to leave 1 or 2 health left.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

if you allow

This means what ? Is there a certain field, like Varimathras. said or how do I allow it ?
( or is it a trigger ability ?)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Ah, I found it, thank you.

So this DataD1 is basically the option to enable stack ?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Alright! Thank you!

What about (frost or magic) slow abilities ? Same rule like aura ?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Oh that is sad... but you can modifiy a slow poison and pretend as if it is a frost ability.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

It's possible, but since the blue seems to come from the mechanic, you need to blue them via trigger. Can't confirm it though.

Ah, I don't really care about the blue. The stack is more important to me.

Tho I ask myself how it would be stacked if I have different abilities pretending to be frost abilities ( via icon, tooltip, ...-> poison slow) but having one default customized frost ability like frost nova.

How would they stack ?

Level 4
i just tested it:
so if your frost ability has 50% slow, and the poison ability has 50% slow as well, the unit will be slowed by 50%+50% = 100%
note that there is a minimum movement speed set under gameplay constants (default 150)
its not about the damage types, its about the buffs the abilities use

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Alright, thank you all, I think it is solved now :)
Thanks for your effort, I appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.