• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Poison (possibly stacking)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I want to give a unit a passive slow poison ability, but this seems impossible.

Envenomed spears: does not slow.
Poison sting (orb effect): does not slow or damage as far as I could see.
And I'm guessing most other effects won't work either, or maybe there is one you know of that does work?

In this I do not want to use triggers. I just want to give a unit a passive slow ability. Additionally, I would want it to stack. There seems to be an option for it, but since the poison doesn't slow in the first place that's not working out so far.

What am I doing wrong here?

Level 12
Envenomed Spears can slow movement speed. Just note that Blizzard got the fields confused.
"Data - Attack Speed Factor" is actually movement speed slow and "Data - Movement Speed Factor" is attack speed slow.

Also note that when you add something to the stacklist it might not stack as you think. If something is in the stacklist it means that every unit with the envenomed spears ability is able to place one instance of the negative effect on a target.
3 units with envenomed spears attacking a target -> 3 instances of neg. effect
1 unit with envenomed spears attacking a target x times -> still only 1 instance

Use this and you wont need a single trigger.

Level 4
Envenomed Spears can slow movement speed. Just note that Blizzard got the fields confused.
"Data - Attack Speed Factor" is actually movement speed slow and "Data - Movement Speed Factor" is attack speed slow.

Also note that when you add something to the stacklist it might not stack as you think. If something is in the stacklist it means that every unit with the envenomed spears ability is able to place one instance of the negative effect on a target.
3 units with envenomed spears attacking a target -> 3 instances of neg. effect
1 unit with envenomed spears attacking a target x times -> still only 1 instance

Use this and you wont need a single trigger.

Are you seriously sure about this? Why my envenomed spears arent stacking when they come from many units? i've tested Game Message with the target's current movespeed and it is the same even with 4-5-6 or more units with the same skill attacking.

And yes, i've enabled Attack Speed Stack (because it is messed up with Move Speed.
--------- SOLVED ----------

Just figured out that the fields are switched, but the Stack Options are correct (Movement means movement).
But now.. durations aren't stacking .. :(
Thought it would refresh all the durations :(

I just tested a standard Dryad vs a Peasant.

The Slow Poison's movement slow has a max stack of one. So no matter how many units attacking it will only be applied for one of them.
The damage however is applied for every unit attacking.
1 unit = 4 dmg per tick
2 units = 8 dmg per tick

The stacking type (the Slow Poison stat) determines what will stack for each unit attacking.
Attack: The attack speed slow
Damage: The tick damage
Kill Unit: No idea
Movement: The movement speed slow

So fx. if the Stacking Type is set to Movement the Peasant's movement speed will reach 0 at some point. If Stacking type does not allow Movement the Peasant's movement speed will never drop below 95, no matter how many units with Slow Poison attacking.

Level 4
I just tested a standard Dryad vs a Peasant.

The Slow Poison's movement slow has a max stack of one. So no matter how many units attacking it will only be applied for one of them.
The damage however is applied for every unit attacking.
1 unit = 4 dmg per tick
2 units = 8 dmg per tick

The stacking type (the Slow Poison stat) determines what will stack for each unit attacking.
Attack: The attack speed slow
Damage: The tick damage
Kill Unit: No idea
Movement: The movement speed slow

So fx. if the Stacking Type is set to Movement the Peasant's movement speed will reach 0 at some point. If Stacking type does not allow Movement the Peasant's movement speed will never drop below 95, no matter how many units with Slow Poison attacking.

I did the following: I set a trigger to make a dummy attack my target with the "poison" effect. Every new attack made would remove the previous buffs and create a X+1 units with the poison to attack the same unit (this way i got one more unit stacking the slow every following attack).
So, i just discovered that the fields: Move Speed Factor and Attack Speed Factor for Envenomed Spears are switched, as stated above, but the Stacking Type Field isnt. So Movement stacks with movement for new units, attack speed and damage, same. Kill unit is an option (I guess) that allows target die from the damage it receives from the poison (Observing DotA Venomancer having his ult that does not kill the unit). This is just a guessing, btw, and i'm now trying to make my triggers don't stack for different units.

I did the following: I set a trigger to make a dummy attack my target with the "poison" effect. Every new attack made would remove the previous buffs and create a X+1 units with the poison to attack the same unit (this way i got one more unit stacking the slow every following attack).

You could, instead of creating a new unit each attack, just set the level of the Slow Poison for the dummy unit to one level higher.

So, i just discovered that the fields: Move Speed Factor and Attack Speed Factor for Envenomed Spears are switched, as stated above, but the Stacking Type Field isnt. So Movement stacks with movement for new units, attack speed and damage, same. Kill unit is an option (I guess) that allows target die from the damage it receives from the poison (Observing DotA Venomancer having his ult that does not kill the unit).
This does not seem to be the case with Slow Poison.

This is just a guessing, btw, and i'm now trying to make my triggers don't stack for different units.

While I did not test different Slow Poisons. Have you tried simply to do that?

Level 4
You could, instead of creating a new unit each attack, just set the level of the Slow Poison for the dummy unit to one level higher.

This does not seem to be the case with Slow Poison.

While I did not test different Slow Poisons. Have you tried simply to do that?

Yeah i have, and i found worse. For the units, you set its Number of Dices to 1 and Sides to 0 then you add a -1 damage bonus and voila, it does 0 damage. Because 0 dices disable attacks and 1 dice+ -1 sides gives you infinite damage (one hit kill whatever unit). So i did it via trigger, with a counter[custom value of target unit] this way i make sure if i switch targets fast (with good micro) i dont lose any effects of the buff (instead of reseting it if the "caster" switch targets, as we are used to see in many situations.

Got it?

Yeah i have, and i found worse. For the units, you set its Number of Dices to 1 and Sides to 0 then you add a -1 damage bonus and voila, it does 0 damage. Because 0 dices disable attacks and 1 dice+ -1 sides gives you infinite damage (one hit kill whatever unit). So i did it via trigger, with a counter[custom value of target unit] this way i make sure if i switch targets fast (with good micro) i dont lose any effects of the buff (instead of reseting it if the "caster" switch targets, as we are used to see in many situations.

Got it?

Yes I understand what you do there.

But what has that to do with you initial question?

Level 4
Yes I understand what you do there.

But what has that to do with you initial question?

Lol basically i solved my own issue. I'm working on an interesting project.
Imagine a hero arena, now add Left 4 Dead. Boom.
If you wanna join or something, contact me.

I just liked to discuss these issues about secret things. Hoped we both learned something with it, haha.

Cya

Status
Not open for further replies.