• 💀 Happy Halloween! 💀 It's time to vote for the best terrain! Check out the entries to Hive's HD Terrain Contest #2 - Vampire Folklore.❗️Poll closes on November 14, 2023. 🔗Click here to cast your vote!
  • 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 HD Level Design Contest #1 is OPEN! Contestants must create a maze with at least one entry point, and at least one exit point. The map should be made in HD mode, and should not be openable in SD. Only custom models from Hive's HD model and texture sections are allowed. The only exceptions are DNC models and omnilights. This is mainly a visual and design oriented contest, not technical. The UI and video walkthrough rules are there to give everyone an equal shot at victory by standardizing how viewers see the terrain. 🔗Click here to enter!

About removing leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
  • Set UnitGroup_Temp[1] = (Units in Choose Area <gen>)
  • UnitGroup - Pick every unit in UnitGroup_Temp[1] and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Aktionen
      • Hero - Modify unspent skill points of (Picked unit): Set to 0 points
  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_UnitGroup_Temp[1])
Is that triggered appropriately?
Can I use arrays when calling a group's destruction with a custom script? Or will it kill all arrays?

Thank you in advance.

Level 6
Thank you, Garfield :)
Thanks to the nice tutorials written by some very experienced users, it was very easy to handle those things step by step. T-up to this site, really improving a map-developer's working-style and efficiency multiple times.

Level 6
Thanks, but I'm kinda oldschool with this and I've got very far with GUI Triggering ^^
However, Paladon is the proof for perfect usage of GUI Triggers.
Yeah, I noticed that aswell that I do not need an array there, but I created already 12 triggers [1-12] with that, because I did not feel like making 12 different variables, cuz i thought i need the information provided in that variable, which was not the case.

Another thing, something is wrong about this trigger, can't really figure out what, my partner coded it.

• Dialog Test
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • 'IF'-Conditions
              • (Number of units in (Units owned by (Player((Integer A))) matching (((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Gleich True))) Gleich 0
            • 'THEN'-Actions
              • Dialog - Hide Dialog[((Player number of (Triggering player)) - 1)] for (Player((Integer A)))
              • Dialog - Hide AttrabuteDialog[((Player number of (Triggering player)) - 1)] for (Player((Integer A)))
            • 'ELSE'-Actions
We are using a dialog system to distribute skill points (which are given with every level in form of 3 wood)
I think he made it to disable the Dialog when your Hero is dead, to prevent wasting wood without getting a result (increased Hero Stats).
However, I think this could be coded in another (better) way... but can't really get how >_<

Level 28
Well, Paladon does (or at least: did) use an outdated dynamic indexing system for all I know.
Besides, you can't be really good at GUI if you don't know at least a little JASS :)
But you're probably right, GUI can get you far (just not as efficient and clean as JASS, but everyone has his own style).

About the trigger:
1) Unit group leak in the condition.
2) "count units in group" is very slow.

You could create a boolean arrayed variable called "dialogShown", set dialogShown[X] to true when player X is distributing skill points (so the dialog is shown).
Check whether that boolean is true, then hide the dialogs. It's faster that way.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
  • Set UnitGroup_Temp[1] = (Units in Choose Area <gen>)
  • UnitGroup - Pick every unit in UnitGroup_Temp[1] and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Aktionen
  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_UnitGroup_Temp[1])
Is that triggered appropriately?
Can I use arrays when calling a group's destruction with a custom script? Or will it kill all arrays?

Thank you in advance.

If you need Group = Units in Choose Area <gen> only while setting points to hero, better use this:

• Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
  • UnitGroup - Pick every unit in (Units in Choose Area <gen>) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Aktionen
Its more efficent, faster and less code line.

EDIT Looking on second trigger now.
Its more efficent now

Status
Not open for further replies.