• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

About map seize

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
I just finished a map, tested worked fine... then I made a loadingscreen and a map preview for it. Testet worked fine, then when hostet on b-net I found out what I havent noticed, it was too big! Hmm then I deletet some models and skins so I got down to the seize it hat before when it worked on b-net. tryid again on b-net didtn work, deletet even more models so it now was lesser filesieze then before, but for some crasy reson the map is still shown to be 4.05mb no matter how much I delete... Is there somekind of skrinking device tool or something...ideas how to get it to understand that i deletet the files?
Off-topic: I realy jope this is the right forum I had my concerns if this should go to editor help or map devolepment, but then desided that a finished map without editor problems needed to be here...

Level 2
that means you needed to have the map preview compressed. You can do this by saving it as a jpg then converting it to blp and then re-importing it.

Level 35
that means you needed to have the map preview compressed. You can do this by saving it as a jpg then converting it to blp and then re-importing it.

Did do it... problem is I had to shkrink it down to 3 kb before it got below 4,95mb and that looked like crap.

DarthGhost: I will take a look maybe I could use it... if it doesnt turn things into pixels.. :smile:

Did do it... problem is I had to shkrink it down to 3 kb before it got below 4,95mb and that looked like crap.

DarthGhost: I will take a look maybe I could use it... if it doesnt turn things into pixels.. :smile:

Well, here are some options:
1.) Don't use Music in your map (If so, than decrease it by converting it to .midi or something then importing it: How to Import .MIDI Files into Your Map)

2.) Don't use big models/files with big sizes

3.) Any image that has a big file can be reduced by opening it in an Image Editing Program then reducing the quality to about 75%. Hardly noticeable but it works.

4.) Use Vexorian's Map Optimizer

5.) Use Guesst's MDX Squisher

I think this is what Captain Griffen said but I added a bit o' comments. :smile:

Level 35
Well, here are some options:
1.) Don't use Music in your map (If so, than decrease it by converting it to .midi or something then importing it: How to Import .MIDI Files into Your Map)

2.) Don't use big models/files with big sizes

3.) Any image that has a big file can be reduced by opening it in an Image Editing Program then reducing the quality to about 75%. Hardly noticeable but it works.

4.) Use Vexorian's Map Optimizer

5.) Use Guesst's MDX Squisher

I think this is what Captain Griffen said but I added a bit o' comments. :smile:

1,2,3 know and did. But 4 and 5 sounds promising.. thanks for clearing out hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.