• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability to administrate Your Map Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I will like to ask when your map get approved (or granted by the Site Admins) the owner of the Map to gain some administrative powers for the Map's forum. E.G. to be able to mark messages as spam and they to get auto deleted after 1 week or option to remove messages right away. Ability to forbid a user to post in the Map's forum if he have below a number of reputation or just to make some one be unable to post posts forever.

I am asking about those admin rights because of the following person posts and please tell me if all of this is possible, this person is simply spamming all over the Map Section and no one is doing anything. I already alerted the admins two days ago about this CRAP and still nothing.

Do Viruses stand a chance now? :O

you're the editor of this map, you may know how to win, but no one else can. Even if you say that there is a strategy, and tell it, it is not supposed to have a specific strategy. It is supposed to be winnable with some skill, independent of the strategy you use.

please, Please, PLEASE follow his instructions. It would make the game so goddam much more POSSIBLE to win as Virus... ç-ç

Depends if that he is a kid or an adult... Though I really doubt that he would go out there and fight a bully with 4 viruses screwing his body all over.

WHAT!? NERFING THE NIGHT AURA!? It is REALLY balanced as it is..

Use the report (
report.gif
) button. The staff will do the rest.

On a side note, those posts aren't breaking any rules. Besides, the guy is trying to help you. It's your problem that you can't listen to user feedback.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Im sorry but as a resource uploader you should never have powers to delete, edit or alter posts. The reason is due to abuse. Ofcourse you probably will not abuse it, but there are people out there who would and unlike the current system, keeping it under control would be much harder.

Firstly people could edit posts that critisize the map in any way to eithor break the rules or to contain no critisim.
Even if editing was not allowed, people would still delete posts which contain any negative points towards the map as spam.
Any person the author vaguly dislikes would get their posts deleted even if they were valid.

If people are spamming a resource, or being rude it is advisible to use the report feature. Reports generally are looked into and solved in under 24 hours thanks to people like TriggerHappy.

Level 49
Look, onix_noob... That's called constructive criticism. That's the main reason comments actually EXIST - what, did you really hope every single person that stumbled upon your map will be like... "WOW awesome map 5/5"? Of course not, every map has flaws, and if the author can't see them, then someone has to tell him about them. If many people are saying that the map is imbalanced, then the map IS imbalanced, and you will have to find a way to fix that. If you can't take criticism, then honestly just ignore the comment section. Don't read it. That's all I have to say.

Level 9
Writing at 4 comments in a row with his bud is not actually a good thing for me and yes i know the map is not noob friendly but those comments aren't helping at all. After the second time when he post the word "imbalanced" the things become more like spam than advises. And yes you are right comments like this must exist but he must also consider that i am not willing to change some things if i don't think they are not needed to be changed. His word is not the law neither my but yet if after the first try i didn't change those things why he should continue spam and spam and spam.

Thanks to the Forum Stuff i hope i will have no more problems with him i just don't need 4 comments with the word "imbalanced" because this word is more than a word and you must think before spam it all over your comments.
+rep TriggerHappy

Status
Not open for further replies.