• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability starts on cooldown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
In my map I make a unit spawn when a hero dies so you can cast revive on that unit to respawn the hero at the place of death. On the unit I have an ability that when used respawns the hero in town instead.

I would like for the ability to start on cooldown so they can't respawn in town right away.

Of course I'm open to suggestions of other methods though I don't want a summoned unit timer on the unit.

I could make a trigger to add the ability after 30 seconds, but trying to do it without any waits.

Level 6
What you could do is make the unit cast the resurrection spell immediately after it is created, therefor triggering it's cooldown. This method would work best if the ability was similar to War Stomp, where a target unit or area would not be required to cast.

Level 8
Wouldn't an ability with the same order ID set off my trigger of reviving in town when the ability is used?

Though I did have an idea of changing the ability to a toggle, so the trigger activates when the ability is canceled but I don't see an event that would detect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.