• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Ability Activity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Hello.

As probably everyone have already noticed, a unit given an ability do not use it as long as it is not forced to activate it via triggers. Some abilities, for example, Storm Bolt is usually being activated when a unit is attacked.

How and are there any ways to give unit an ability and make it use the abilities constantly without forcing it via triggers or attacks?

Do this have something to do with AI? I don't really know any basics of AI. If it is AI, please don't drop links to extremely long and complex tutorials and answer shortly if possible.

Thanks.

Level 20
What kind of unit?
Human player unit, or computer unit, or neutral?
What kind of abilities?
What kind of triggers?

I mean... really, your post doesn't really say much.

Level 31
I didn't go specifically, was expecting to ask overally.

Hostile / Player unit.
It is computer unit.
Any kind of abilities (Blizzard, Slam, Impale, Thunder Bolt, Flame Strike, etc)

Currently I am using triggets Unit Order to force unit to active ALL its abilitiea, because one do not activate it automatically while in battle. And I'd like to know any other way, because this one doesn't seem to be very efficient.

Level 20
Well, you can either use the AI editor (which I don't know how to use) or trigger everything. Some abilities are automatically used by neutral units when they're surrounded, like Dota's neutral units, but most arent.

Status
Not open for further replies.