• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make AI controlled heroes not used their abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
1.use abilities that are not used by AI (channel for example)
2.block using abilities and only unlock them when you want them to cast them (mana or techtree requirement). Once you unlock the ability, order the hero immediatly to cast it, after the ability was succesfully used, lock it again

So no way without a wierd work around?

I kinda want the standard War3 abilities just not how the AI is using them, so the first option is not so feasible.
The second option seem a bit gimmicky and sound like there could be rare incidents where the AI will still use an ability at random when fx. the tech tree (which is the option I would use) got opened.

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
If you use:
unlock ability
use ability
There is no time in between, so the AI can't use the ability on its own.
I doubt that the AI would cancel an order of an ability just to use the ability somewhere else. So even if "use ability" would not be instant I don't think there is a problem.

Unfortunately I don't know a better solution to prevent the AI's spell usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.