• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Abilities cancelling each other out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey. in my map I have a lot of abilities so I tend to have to reuse the same dummy abilities like all the autocast abilities and roars, etc.... my problem however is if I use two Inner Fire dummy abilities to place TWO different buffs on a unit with each having separate triggered effects, one of the buffs is cancelled out and so the unit can't be affected by bothe abilities at the same time.

So my question is: I there any way to solve this?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
You have bumped up against one of the most frustrating, hard-coded elements of Warcraft modding (especially for "race addition" modders like myself); "Buffs Do Not Stack" (aside from Auras).

The alternatives include "find unused buffs/abilities", or use a special system (I believe Anitarf's "ABff" is a good one) to handle the issue.

Level 9
You have bumped up against one of the most frustrating, hard-coded elements of Warcraft modding (especially for "race addition" modders like myself); "Buffs Do Not Stack" (aside from Auras).

The alternatives include "find unused buffs/abilities", or use a special system (I believe Anitarf's "ABff" is a good one) to handle the issue.

Could you give me a little "summary" of how Abuff works? I saw it on wc3c.net

Status
Not open for further replies.