• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Abandoned Citadel

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
My first meele map. A totally unsymmetric ruins of abandoned citadel in Echo Isles with good terrain

Keywords:
Meele, War, Echo, Isles, Orc, Human, Undead, Citadel, Ruins, Rifle-Man
Contents

Abandoned Citadel (Map)

Reviews
17:33, 27th June 2009, by Linaze Abandoned Citadel is a melee map for up to four players. The map is fairly balanced and the players have access to about the same amount of trees, gold and room to build on. One thing that I noticed though, is the...

M

17:33, 27th June 2009, by Linaze
Abandoned Citadel is a melee map for up to four players. The map is fairly balanced and the players have access to about the same amount of trees, gold and room to build on. One thing that I noticed though, is the lack of additional gold mines aside from the ones the players start with which disallows expanding and long games since when your first gold mine is empty and you run out of gold, you're dead, basically. There should be at the very least one extra gold mine per player available on the map. There were lots of creeps, mainly green ones that didn't drop that good items, and there was only one red creep camp on the entire map, and it wasn't even located in the middle, giving some people an unfair advantage. The map's terrain wasn't so good either, for example because the height variation was so random, certain areas were to sharp and others completely flat. The tile variation wasn't so good either and consisted mainly of lumps of different tiles. Work on the gameplay and the terrain and this'll have a chance of approval, but not in its current state.

Rejected with a 2/5 (lacking) rating

Level 7
Pro's:
Low Filesize
Neutral:
Very big building area
Bad:
You only set it for 1 player, while its a melee
In most areas you used nearly no doodads, making it look bad
Looks like you just randomly placed the creeps

For now i must give it 2/5. It has some good terrain in some places, but in the most, its just trees, cliffs and some tile variation. Nearly no doodads (besides from trees) at all.
For now, bye-bye.

Level 24
Abandoned Citadel is a FFA melee map for up to four players that takes place in a jungle environment. The map is fairly balanced as far as it comes to terrain as the four players have access to approximately the same amount of forest near the main base and the same room to build on. One thing that I noticed is that this map lacks any kind of additional gold mines except for the ones the players start with, and therefore, if you run out of gold, you run out of luck. There should be at least a few additional gold mines available to give the players the opportunity to expand. There were a lot of creeps, but most of them were low-level and didn't drop that good items, there was only a single red creep camp in the entire map, and it wasn't even located in the middle, giving some players an unfair advantage. The gameplay overall wasn't really entertaining, and if you've ever played melee on a poor map before, then you'll know what this map's like gameplay-wise.

The terrain wasn't good at all in this map. The height variation was way too sharp at certain areas whilst certain other areas were entirely flat. The tile variation weren't that good either, and the lumps of different tiles were randomly placed. A thing that looked really weird were the forests, as nearly all trees had the same scale, variation and facing which made the forest look extremely unnatural and bad. Several areas of the map also lacked doodads, especially of the environmental kind. The lake is a good example of an area is in desperate need of some doodads to look better, as it has zero at the moment. The hill in the middle also looked rather terrible, it was flooded with big fires and had a floating altar on top of it as well as some other temple-related doodads that didn't fit in at all.

The description of the map should be improved as it currently contains very little information regarding the map.

Voted for disapproval with a rating of 2/5 (lacking).