• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] A way to know what Warcraft III version executes the map ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Edit: solution in the following post Detect Game Version (GetPatchLevel)

Hello,

I just discovered that my map works fine with Warcraft III 1.30.4, but not with Warcraft III 1.31. The problem is on function "Unit - set base damage", aka BlzSetUnitBaseDamage in JASS. I use it to increase the base damage of the 1st weapon of my unit.

But:
- In Warcraft 1.30 weapons are 1-indexed (weapon 1, weapon 2)
- In Warcraft 1.31 weapons are 0-indexed (weapon 0, weapon 1)
And Blizzard doesn't have the intelligence of doing the conversion.
So I can't have it to work at the same time for 1.30.4 and 1.31...

...Unless I can detect what version of warcraft III is running ??
Is that possible ? If yes, could you please explain me how you do that ? ^^

Last edited:
Level 8
Hello,

I just discovered that my map works fine with Warcraft III 1.30.4, but not with Warcraft III 1.31. The problem is on function "Unit - set base damage", aka BlzSetUnitBaseDamage in JASS. I use it to increase the base damage of the 1st weapon of my unit.

But:
- In Warcraft 1.30 weapons are 1-indexed (weapon 1, weapon 2)
- In Warcraft 1.31 weapons are 0-indexed (weapon 0, weapon 1)
And Blizzard doesn't have the intelligence of doing the conversion.
So I can't have it to work at the same time for 1.30.4 and 1.31...

...Unless I can detect what version of warcraft III is running ??
Is that possible ? If yes, could you please explain me how you do that ? ^^

Why do you want it to run on 1.30.4?
1.31 changed so many things that it's going to be a general issue to stick with 1.30.4 anyway.

Level 12
Thanks buddy !

Why do you want it to run on 1.30.4?
1.31 changed so many things that it's going to be a general issue to stick with 1.30.4 anyway.
You are right, at the long term I will switch to 1.31 ! However this is not stable already no ? Or did 1.31.1 almost fix everything ? Let me know if it's already OK to switch to 1.31.1 for World Editor plz ^^

Level 8
Thanks buddy !

You are right, at the long term I will switch to 1.31 ! However this is not stable already no ? Or did 1.31.1 almost fix everything ? Let me know if it's already OK to switch to 1.31.1 for World Editor plz ^^
Sorry for the late reply, but yeah, it's stable now.

Status
Not open for further replies.