• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A threat System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I had thought a threat system for my RPG map...
I need some help, feedback and suggestions on it.
So here how it is like...
First every hero has a threat value... they gain it from items or passives..

They are numbers like 2,3,4,20 etc...
like if A has 10, B has 20 and C has 5.

They have 2 use..

1. Deciding the attacked enemy

*Here i need a help to check if the both units are in line of sight or not or if they have trees or wall or something between them.

2. The aggro during a fight

Displaying system

There is a system that stores the value and converts them to a percent to show players by multiboard.

like if A has 10, B has 20 and C has 5 threat value.
and A does a damage of 1000, B of 800 and C a healing of 1500.
Threat value of A is 1000*15 = 15000, of B is 800*20 = 16000 and of C is 1500*5 = 7500
Total threat value of system is 38500

Now there are 2 ways to represent this

On a full-scale

The threat percent for B is ((16000/38500)*100) = 41.55%
Even though this is more clear it has its problems
In a 2 men group the job of players is to keep threat below 50% who doesn't want to take threat but,
for a 3 men group the job of players is to keep threat below 33%.

Its technically 100/(no of players)

On a out of 100% scale

In This the threat percent for B is taken out of 38500/(no of players)

So, the threat percent is ((16000/(38500/3))*100) = 124.65%

So, here if you don't want to take threat you will need to keep it below 100% while if you want to take threat you need to keep it above 100%

The threat percent is updated on the screen every 1.5 or 2 seconds(suggestions if any).

*And, i am unsure which of the systems should i use among the two to represent this. Need help for that or any way to improve it.

Also there are many spell schools which have there own threat percents like a shadow spell causes more threat than a nature spell.

Well this is it... i know its not organized but hope you understand... I have tried my best to represent my idea here.

Status
Not open for further replies.