• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] A replace to berserk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
I'm using the berserk ability as a base ability for a lot of spells for the thing that doesn't interrump the actions of the caster and for have an specific buff, but I also wanna make a item with the berserk ability but I see the buffs get "overwritten" or "deleted" if the caster have another buff for a spell based in berserk, so my option is create a fake berserk, for the damage I know I can use a Damage detector, but for the rest? and also the base ability also doesn't have to interrump the actions of the caster, any ideas?

Level 12
I assume you are not on the latest version of warcraft 3, which allows you to stack buffs as long as the buff name is not the same. For example a unit can have 4 buffs of inner fire if you just rename all the buffs with a different name in the buffs section of OE. Have not tested this with bersker thought, so I might be wrong here.

I think charge gold and lumber is also instant in a way that it does not interupt orders of the caster, maybe you could try that. And then add item ability to the unit when charge gold and lumber is cast (devotion aura) for example and create a buff from devotion aura with a name "berserk". Afaik auras should stack in earlier versions of the game as long as the buffs have invidual names.

And also by default the item ability is not shown on the unit so there should be no need to mess with hiding or disabling abilites for the unit.

Level 12
I assume you are not on the latest version of warcraft 3, which allows you to stack buffs as long as the buff name is not the same. For example a unit can have 4 buffs of inner fire if you just rename all the buffs with a different name in the buffs section of OE. Have not tested this with bersker thought, so I might be wrong here.
I think this was added in 1.30 or 1.31, but yes.

I'm using the berserk ability as a base ability for a lot of spells for the thing that doesn't interrump the actions of the caster and for have an specific buff, but I also wanna make a item with the berserk ability but I see the buffs get "overwritten" or "deleted" if the caster have another buff for a spell based in berserk, so my option is create a fake berserk, for the damage I know I can use a Damage detector, but for the rest? and also the base ability also doesn't have to interrump the actions of the caster, any ideas?
You could use windwalk, mana shield, defend, and a few others. There's some list somewhere (might've been on WC3 campaigns actually RIP)

But in the end you might want to use them as a non-dummy ability as well.

Also I'm pretty sure charge gold and lumber aren't instant.

There's some other abilities that don't interrupt orders, but have cast times, which could be both good and bad. Since for some abilities you might want there to be a cast time. Only ones that come to mind atm are Roar/Battle Roar and Morph abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.