• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A question about Widgetizer, and some possible help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm going to quote a post I made on the Widgetizer in the Tools section of The Hive, in hopes that someone can help me, if my situation can be helped.

This tool seems to be great for what it is intended to do, it does exactly that; However, I am having an issue in my map, where I have roughly 350, give or take a few, custom hero abilities, most of which have 5 ranks. The problem is that when I compile the ability data, 3 of these abilities no longer have tooltips for ranks 1 and 2, they are replaced with a ".", and at ranks 3 and 4 they show parts of the tooltip, but not the whole thing, making it incoherent, and at rank 5 the whole tooltip is finally there.

In addition to those three abilities, 1 ability doesn't show up anymore at all. Obviously, I can't release a map with an improved load time but some broken/nondescript abilities - So does anyone know how I could manually exclude these 4 select abilities from being compiled? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I read the readme, but saw nothing referencing this, or whether or not it could be done.

The reason it is so important for me to compile the ability data excluding these four abilities, is because that is where 80% of my map's loading time comes from. Without compiling the data, widgetizing only shaves off about 5 seconds from the load time, and barely (if at all) justifies the slight filesize increase. If I were able to exclude these four abilities from the compilation, the map would load about as fast as DotA, which would definitely make it a lot easier to circulate, when players don't have to wait all day for it to load.

Thanks in advance.

-NeverDeath.

Status
Not open for further replies.