• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] A possible leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
With this trigger turned on, game freezes after 10 seconds, if it's off, it doesn't.

So, it must be something wrong with it, a possible leak or something.

• move turtles
    • Events
      • Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set tempgroup = (Units of type Turtle)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in tempgroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set temploc = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Set temploc2 = (Random point in (Region centered at temploc with size (500.00, 500.00)))
          • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Move To temploc2
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temploc)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temploc2)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_tempgroup)
Please help me out. I don't see where I failed. :/

Ouch, yeah, if he's got those regions running for a lot of units, that's going to be a huge mess of leaks.

Not sure what the JASS output of this GUI filth is, but I can assure you that there is an easier way to do it. Random point in a generated-rect is overkill, what you should be doing is random-point within a certain radius of the unit.

Level 19
I can't find any problems :/
Just store the Region in a variable and remove it afterwards (currently, it leaks).

You can't remove regions by any means.
The problem is there that the trigger creates a random region for each unit in the group, which is a overkill, as Bribe said before.

Tell us more about the spell/trigger you want to make, that could help us give you a working one.

Level 8
Ouch, yeah, if he's got those regions running for a lot of units, that's going to be a huge mess of leaks.

Not sure what the JASS output of this GUI filth is, but I can assure you that there is an easier way to do it. Random point in a generated-rect is overkill, what you should be doing is random-point within a certain radius of the unit.
I'd gladly do that, if there was such action, but there is none.

Basically what I want to do is that ~50 turtles walk around to random points. Like wandering.

Level 8
New trigger, same bug
  • move turtles
    • Events
      • Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set tempgroup = (Units of type Turtle)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in tempgroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set temploc = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Set temploc2 = (temploc offset by (Random real number between 128.00 and 256.00) towards (Random angle) degrees)
          • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Move To temploc2
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temploc)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temploc2)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_tempgroup)

Level 16
Moin moin =)

I only know 2 things in this case:

First maybe it mess up with temploc 2 - so you should create another variable where you set: "Random real number between 128.00 and 256.00" and then use in temploc2 the variable

Second: It always! ( test it 10 times ) freeze after 10 minutes. Else I would say many points can create ( I don't know how many turtles you got ) out of the map or in an unpathable location - maybe this the reason ( but no I don't think so actually ^^ )

Greetings
~ The Bomb King > Dr. Boom

Like this

• Set point2 = (point1 offset by (Random real number between 128.00 and 256.00) towards (Random angle) degrees)

This is your answer (just set the real numbers to be between 0 and 500.00, to fill in the area of effect standards).

And yes, regions leak and can be removed with
call RemoveRect (udg_Region).

Generally, don't underestimate them and prevent yourself from storing them in a variable. They leak, they need to be stored in a variable and get cleaned afterwards with the method baassee suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.