• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A new version? Help out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Quest - Man in Plaza , i just cannot find the troll, i looked everywhere even with iseedeadpeople reveal all . Also the faqs needs to be updated to changes thanks!

Edit: Troll found with after reloading, here's a problem of mine.
For example, i got 21 stacks of magic ball, a greater magic ball needs 5 of them and some other item to craft it, I am unable to craft it with 21 stacks, later I found out that you need to have exactly 5 stacks for the craft to work, I really dont understand this part, I mean I got more than enough and also met the requirement of 5 stacks of magic balls but wasn't able to craft with 21 stacks that I got from all the chapters, same goes with master key.

Level 1
Hello, Aeroblyctos, I found the TCO campaign a while ago and I got hooked to it.

Though there was a very good list on the bugs topic made by BiroN, as you requested(and i am very eager for a bugless version) I will put it here(the credit

goes to BiroN) and in brackets[] I will put some bugs I found or comments on some of them.

+Version 1.0

+Multi-board:
-The Multi-board lags out sometimes. It is opened and blocks the screen and you can't close it. That happened in chapter 3.
-Its calculations aren't always correct:
--In chapter 4 it said: 'Mini-bosses killed: 5/4'.
--In chapter 5 there are 8 mini-bosses. When I killed them all, it said 6/10 mini-bosses killed instead of 8/8.
--In chapter 6 I did all the optional quests, the epic and the elite quests but the multi-board said: Optional quests done 1/6!
--In chapter 7 it says optional quests done 3/9, although I've done them all.
--In chapter 8 it says: Steal 12/15 although there are only 9 steal-able items in that chapter.[You can steal up to 8 Otzi Horns, so it adds up to 15]
--In chapter 10 it says: Optional quests done 2/0.
--The attack-speed calculations are a bit off. Sometimes it's 7.012 for Fradz and other times it's 0.112 for Phodom!
--The Multi-board shows the critical chance and critical damage, but I've never seen the characters throughout the whole campaign do a single critical,

unless it's hidden unlike the Blade-master's critical... Or like the criticals of the Omega Set.[This one hit me hard, critical strike system does not work,

probably, as I tested a 100% crit build and failed to see a single crit(turned on damage done, and monitored Boss health bar)]

+Galeoth:
-Galeoth's 'Magic Hammer' skill creates a permanent visibility modifier. You can always see the area wherever you cast that spell even if you're not there

anymore.
-If/when Galeoth dies in a chapter, when he revives, his line of sight is greatly reduced.

+[Phodom:
-Rallying Shout: sometimes taunt doesn't work on Bosses, and takes damage from spells and abilities]

+Music Tracks:
-At any given time, except the start up of the chapter, there are two music tracks playing 1 and 8. A main music track and another one in the background.
-During the Chapter 3 Epic Boss fight, the played music is the same as the Elite Boss fight.
[Some Boss fights background music completely dissapears(but you can hear it for a couple seconds between phases)]

+Spell book spell upgrades:
-They're inverted. The upgrades do the opposite of what they're supposed to do. For example the 'Quick heal' upgrade for Phodom's first spell book spell does

what the 'Strong heal' upgrade should do and vice versa. Same with Fradz's Spiral Shield.

+Items:
-Some aspects of some items don't work properly. For example:
--The Myth item 'Aero' stacks to no end. In other words the STAT bonus has no limit. At one point the item gave me at least 110 bonus to all stats (During a

long fight in chapter 8) while the maximum bonus should be 15 (at least it says so in the description).
--The Ring of Tides in chapter 3 (lucky box) doesn't add armor or magic damage.
--The Illusion created by 'Mask of Illusion' (chapter 3 lucky box) isn't identical to the hero as it takes a lot more damage.
--Phodom's set doesn't create a shock-wave.
--The mummies created by 'Life Stealer' don't gain 10% hp and attack for every 50 stats of the hero. I tested it by adding more stats to the hero (alchemy,

super holgro, three paths, blessing of lightning). It seems that the maximum hp is 3000 which contradicts with the item description.
--The armor bonus of Soldier's Set 3 is zero at maximum charges.
--Orb of Degeneration/ Rune Cloak/ Galeoth's set: I'm not sure if they actually stop the enemies' regeneration. It doesn't work on bosses anyways. Might need

more testing.
--Same with Cloak of Fire/ Phodom's Set. No fire aoe effect there.
--Magic Orb 6/10 adds 10 intellect.
--Magic Orb 7/10 adds 20 intellect.
--Magic Orb 8/10 adds 30 intellect.
--Magic Orb 9/10 adds 40 intellect.
--Ultimate Orb 10/10 adds 50 intellect. Seriously it's not in the description. It also adds 2200 magic damage instead of 1200.
--Eternal Set gives 12 armor, but the description says 10.
--Adamantine Guard doesn't have enough description. (No quality, no background story).
--Not all items with aura effect work from boxes. (Outer Stone works, Zocmo's set doesn't... and the list goes on.)
--Omega Set, the best item set of all, can be sold in shops for 500 gold.
--Boxes can't be used to combine Zyl Orbs or Magic Orbs, but in chapter 10 they can.
--Demon Sphere loses its slow poison effect in chapter 10.
--[Magic Orbs and Zyl Orbs can merge into Magic Orbs causing weird bugs where Magic Orb dissapears]
--[Galaxy Orb and Universe Orb kill monster giving gold but not credit for charge items or exp, turning their usefulness to 0]
--[Lesser Magic Balls stacks only work when in the correct number, 5 for greater magic ball, 3 for master key, 6+ you just lost them :'(]
--[Tempest Stone/Orichalcon/Sargatanas: mana% into magic damage tooltip is wrong it says 8% per stack, but it really is more like 2% per stack, very

underwhelming for the cost]
--[Omega Bracers effect (magic damage on last enemy after a cast) doesn't work]
--[Three Paths only doubles BASE stats, Super Holgro, +All Stats don't get doubled]
--[Probably intended but GreatEST Magic Ball doesn't stack like their weaker versions, would be nice if they did(their effect stacks but unlike most other

items there can be more than one)]

+Swap bug:
-The "Swap" option in the boxes only works in chapter 4. I tried it in other chapters and weirdly it removed the items from the game, instead of switching

between the inventories.
-Even when it works, it removes the charges on chargeable items (Starting items (sword of haste, aegis shield, etc...)).

+Bosses:
-Sometimes during some boss fights, boss spells don't do anything. In other words, the bosses just become invulnerable for a while and apply the channel

animation but do nothing. For example the epic bosses of chapters 1, 3 and 6.
-During chapter 7 Epic boss fight against Siluze, one of his spells has some death bolts appear around the arena then they get stuck on the sides. And they

don't disappear when the quest ends. They're also attack-able and spells can be cast on them which makes their damage dealing null. Same with the fire balls

that Xirenze (Chapter 9 elite boss) fires.
-Chapter 2 Epic Boss has very little mana. I was able to burn all his 300 mana early on (Magic Torment combat king) and he couldn't use any spells the whole

fight (On Extreme difficulty).
-Chapter 5 Epic Boss phase 2 (2nd level John) casts a spell that only targets upwards (It should target the heroes but it targets up instead. 90 degrees.).

+Child Pictures:
-Dalli guards.
-Tauren Totem in chapter 2 barbarian village. (Why is there a Tauren Totem anyways?)
-Pack Horses in chapter 4.
-The three dragon slayers in chapter 4.
-Dragon Spirit (Epic Boss of chapter 4).
-Villagers, female villagers, children and Road Guards in chapter 5.
-Vampire Mages in Kar'Gath.
-Lord of Kar'Gath.
-Dragon Searcher and some sellers and citizens in Chapter 7.
-Kaddammn (Master Treasure Hunter) in chapter 7.
-Cannon Tower in chapter 7.
-Shadow Demons (The Mystery Portal quest) chapter 7.
-Terdoom Castle Guards. (One of the guards near the southern gate doesn't have a floating text when you click on him).
-Zhitenxa (Epic Boss of chapter 8).

+Heroic Achievements:
-You do get the bonus/ reward when you achieve them, but they are neither saved in the multiboard nor in the panel (they're saved in the chapter you get each

one in, but the next chapter they're gone).

+Chapter 5:
-At the beginning of the chapter the heroes have less damage than before; in other words for example Phodom had 146-226 damage in chapter 4, and in chapter 5

he had 124-125. Same with Fradz. EDIT: It was a self-correcting problem probably... because when they leveled up their damage went back to normal.
-The Turtle mini-boss stays invulnerable and doesn't cross to the other side of the river if you cast Flash Strike on it. (I know what the reply to that one

should be:'Well, how about you don't do that?' lol)
-The teleports are bugged. Sometimes when I use them to teleport Phodom, they teleport Fradz instead. Other times they do nothing at all. Also, you can use

them even if you don't give the magic ball to the mage (on condition that you finish all the other quests). I even saw that bug in a play-through on YouTube

v1.8c.
-After delivering the letter to Billy, all portrait animations of characters disappear. That takes as long as 3 minutes before they comes back. Not a major

bug though...
-[There is a path midway through the river that lets you cross before the bridge is repaired]

+Chapter 6:
-After the Elite Boss fight with Faerga, the fire beasts re-spawn on the walls of Kar'Gath. You can see them from the inside next to the 'Black Merchant' on

the wall.
-After the Epic Boss fight with Jurxy, all music stops.
-Executioners stop patrolling after the first Boss Fight (Xada).
-Uummut doesn't disappear after the Xada Boss Fight. Not sure if he's meant to though...

+Chapter 7:
-If you summon your boxes in the arena to switch an item or so, then you get out of the arena, you cannot summon them back again.
-The final arena fight with The Elementalist has an issue. He has a spell where he teleports behind the character, sometimes he teleports outside the arena

and gets stuck in the wall. This goes on for a while until he teleports again which is conditional.[Happens to every enemy in the arena that teleports]
-The 9 circle puzzle where you try to make them all the same color by stepping on them, it's very buggy. There's a chance when you step on one circle that

another circle appears next to it. By the time I had finished the first locker there were over 15 circles on top of each other!
-Sometimes the auction hall bugs out. Sometimes the auction master declares an item 'sold' even before the bidding starts. Other times one of the other

characters in the auction hall bids when the auction master says sold, so the auction hall is bugged and I neither get the item I was bidding for, nor get to

see the rest of the items. Other times there's a sale on two items at the same time....
-Difficulty buff doesn't apply on arena contestants.

+Chapter 8:
-The riddle questions are bugged. Sometimes the questions are outdated asking about the vitality (which was removed), other times it asks about weird

characters like Lavareon (who the heck is that?), and sometimes I answer the question right and it says wrong anyways!
-After finishing chapter 8 you get 15 extra lives for no reason. Thanks BTW :D
-This is a frequently mentioned bug: Gaomdo disappears and doesn't come back, but this is untrue. He always comes back it just takes time. The maximum is 2

minutes.

+Chapter 9:
-The game crashed when Keeper of Vengeance cast a certain spell (the one where he burns the heroes' mana).
-The effect shown around Fradz when fighting off Axobada's mind control sticks till the end of the map.
-Sometimes the game crashes when fighting Jurxy, during the Yurgimar fight.
-Riddle questions are bugged like chapter 8.
-The 'Special Font' used in all the other chapters is not applied in this chapter.
-During the Elite Boss fight (Xirenze), sometimes he casts his Breathe Fire ability during the short cinematic where the death knights view the fight, that

doesn't give me a chance to dodge that ability or heal.

+Chapter 10:
-In the second phase of Zylcious fight, one of the death knights (the one that looks like a night elf warden) teleported to where Zylcious was standing (that

small cliff) and I couldn't get to her so I had nothing to do but fight Uummut... which ended horribly for me.
-The 'Library' puzzle, after finishing it the path doesn't clear up so you have to elaborately use the 'Teleport stone' to get out of the library.
-Magic orb + Zyl orb (In one inventory) = both disappear?! Seriously? :D
-Magic orb 9/10 + Zyl orb 1/6 = Ultimate orb 10/10..... Why? The 10th Magic orb is in the library anyways... what's the point?
-The teleport to the library is bugged. When you access it, even if you press no, it teleports you to the library anyways.
-The bonus luck from the Lucky Horseshoe/Lucky Clover... etc is added to the total luck in the multi-board even if they're not in the heroes' inventory.
-Golems (Defenders) don't have the game difficulty buff, even when you attack them and they become hostile.
-The Cinematic where the heroes ask the popags about the 'Mystery Box', the one that contains the zhyon, is shown even if I've already solved it and beat the

zhyon.

+[Riddle Questions:
-Once I minimised the game window while on the riddles and on opening it again i received 3 times the correct answer bonus leaving me astonished(not that i

can complain about the 15k gold).]

+Interludes:
-Chapter 2 and 3 interludes cannot be seen. The game says 7500 game points needed or 10,000 game points needed, but I have 14k+.

[[
On a last note, the most important issues in descending priority(by my point of view) would be:
1. Galeoth's lack of vision: Chapter 3 and 9 can be HELL when you dont even see if a ranged monster is attacking you.
2. Boxes is a very important game mechanic and if you press the swap button you just lost an item.
3. I have become very paranoic about where to put magic balls, magic orbs and zyl orbs because i was very screwed first time i played.
4. Yurgimar battle without background music = very sad(zylcious and Xirenze too but you got the point).
5. Critical Strike is meant to be a part of every game and seeing no criticals made me cry.
6. Lag is horrible and at ch10 some events cause the client to shut down, namely final battle.
]]

This is most likely an incomplete list of bugs but a good one as I have seen most of them in my close to 100 hours of play. I hope that if there are more

bugs someone will post them, that you improve an already great campaign and good luck with the books, the story so far is great.

Level 3
I make 1 mistake from chapter 1 i take the quest from Guard Max to bring the golem head to him and i give the item to his inventory so now i cant take it back xD

Level 7
I'd also remind you of 2 texts that still need fixing:
Rarera: Increases the Health Regen of nearby non-Hero units by 2000.
Poison Sting: When used, stings an enemy dealing 10,000 damage per second until it dies. Can be used only once.
I think the name 'Essence of Monstrosity' sounds very off, but since you never go to chat anymore I'm not sure if we could discuss about this. And if you still care about item flavour texts, I might be able to think of one or two to add.

Level 1
bugs

First bug: the stack of lesser magic balls for example if there are 6 stack of it and the recipe of greater magic ball require 5 stack it wont enchant if its not 5 stack if more it wont enchant .it happen with all recipes that require specific number of lesser magic balls . sometimes it consume all magic balls if i have stack exceed its needing to be enchanted

Second bug:there is a problem controlling Fradz with galeoth and phodom when i controll all 3 of them and point to a destination for them to move to it and then i change my distination , fradz wont respond to me and he will keep going to his destination i pointed first. and to fix that bug i have to make fradz put his storage and then he will respond to my commands but he usually does not respond to me and i have to put storage its so annoying during fights

third bug: chapter 7 gladiator arena when i put my storage during the fight its dead end for me in this chapter cuz the storage gets bugged and i cant use it at all after i finish the fight outside the arena.

fourth bug: chapter 7 the auction after i press arrow key to skip specific auction always after few times of skipping it skip by itself 2 or 3 times which i didnt skip this time

Level 1
Really looking forward to a new version. I had no Internet for about 2months but good thing I found your awesome Map and was able to play that campaign in the meantime, I had so much fun playing. I have like 90 hours playtime just in these 2 months but yeah, some bugs are really annoying.

Level 1
Great !!! a new version incoming
Aeroblyctos, i just want to thank you for this EPIC campaign and for all your effort and hard work you put in to it, resulting the best RPG map I ever played (and I played a lot of em).
I can't wait for the next version, I hope you'll have all the motivation and the time to continue your amazing work, keep it up man!
thanks to the other members Biron and Trynzziel who are helping also.

Status
Not open for further replies.