• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

It's been awhile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hello hello and hello,

It's been awhile. I released the latest version almost three years ago, just when I moved to a house with a friend. The last three years I've had endless parties, but also I've been writing the book. I guess that's some kind of event in life before hitting 30 and things go more silent. Well, now this part of my life is coming to an end as I'm moving to live alone and the book is nearly finished. Now it's just some feedback, fixing grammar then then I go to publisher. Exactly same problem occurred with The Chosen Ones: the project became too big.

About The Chosen Ones, I don't know. I had a little itch I could do version 1.1. Fix few things and so on... but I want to see more Youtube / livestream videos about the campaign! It's so enjoyable to watch someone playing it. Perhaps... Perhaps someone plays, I comment and fix the campaign same time?

EDIT: I could actually make for someone a special version before to fix the most important bugs before livestreaming / making videos.

Level 6
one of the best campaigns in Warcraft 3. Just so damn ambitious!

I would love to see more of this of course. You where crazy ambitious with this map, but there's always more stuff to do! Maybe you surprise all your fans and start updating again!

I for one am hopeful!

Level 37
I would love to play an update of this campaign. I actually added a list of bugs to bug report section.

Also, I didn't see anyone with a video on YouTube with final chapter with Xvareon. So I kinda recorded my experience here: The Chosen Ones - Final Battle & Ending - YouTube

Thanks. I will watch those videos next and fix bugs if I see some. I have been watching videos about the campaign last few days and it's been fucking satisfying.

And what bug section you're talking about? Link to there please.

one of the best campaigns in Warcraft 3. Just so damn ambitious!

I would love to see more of this of course. You where crazy ambitious with this map, but there's always more stuff to do! Maybe you surprise all your fans and start updating again!

I for one am hopeful!

Yes I will do 1.1 version. Thanks for the kind words!

EDIT FROM TCO OFFICIAL SITE: I think I will open chat and I will be there for the next couple of days / weeks until I've created 1.1 version. Anyone can come there and talk to me about the campaign. Private messages are fine too.

QuakeNet Web IRC (qwebirc)
Channel name: TCO
My name: Aero

I'm from Finland so my GMT is +2 and I'm there somewhere between 10:00 to 24:00.

Last edited:
Level 4
OMG!!! I can't believe!!!

Finally you've returned, Aero! If you remember - on tcocampaign.com I was "TrueZozi"

I was one of the testers of Ch.9 and Ch.10. And I've finished the campaign for about 10 times from start to end.

I've got some suggestions - as the most interesting part of the campaign is obtaining items - could you please:
1. Let it be unable for both Xvareon and Zylcious to steal em? Their fights are complicated already, but without an items that you were trying to find during the whole campaign in order to use in final battle - and it just disappears? :(
2. You have to lose 1 slot for all heroes in order to use mana-burners (wizard's-stick looking item). Could you please add the recipe for some already useful items in order for them to be combinable with ana burner? So in the final battles you would get really beautiful collection of items.

Anoter suggestion is about Zylcious fight:
3. Even when campaign was active there were only few people who were able to beat him (on easy difficulty as far as I remember). The problem was about that imba healing green ground. Could you please exclude a healing effect from it? It is impossible to kill the beast on hard, because occasional step on that ground heals more HP for Zylcious in a second than my trio could damage in a minute. SOooo the fight itself is great and really challangeable - the ground is just an imba.

Chapter 10 - the map itself seems to be a bit empty and simple - just rocks and black medusas.

The battle with Yurgimar is great and nothing has to be changed imho - also only a few were able to beat him on hard - and I was one of them :) Just add please point 2 suggestion :))

Thank you again for the greatest campaign in WC3 ever made! Nothing could be compared with TCO!!!

Level 37
ShogunFromBrazil said:
OMG!!! I can't believe!!!

Finally you've returned, Aero! If you remember - on tcocampaign.com I was "TrueZozi"

I was one of the testers of Ch.9 and Ch.10. And I've finished the campaign for about 10 times from start to end.
Oh I remember you. HELLO THERE! (I love that previous name of yours, very important part of the story that item)

ShogunFromBrazil said:
1. Let it be unable for both Xvareon and Zylcious to steal em? Their fights are complicated already, but without an items that you were trying to find during the whole campaign in order to use in final battle - and it just disappears? :(
Is the boss really that difficult? Or is this just an annoying mechanism?

ShogunFromBrazil said:
2. You have to lose 1 slot for all heroes in order to use mana-burners (wizard's-stick looking item). Could you please add the recipe for some already useful items in order for them to be combinable with ana burner? So in the final battles you would get really beautiful collection of items.
Aren't there other mana burning items?

ShogunFromBrazil said:
3. Even when campaign was active there were only few people who were able to beat him (on easy difficulty as far as I remember). The problem was about that imba healing green ground. Could you please exclude a healing effect from it? It is impossible to kill the beast on hard, because occasional step on that ground heals more HP for Zylcious in a second than my trio could damage in a minute. SOooo the fight itself is great and really challangeable - the ground is just an imba.
I will make it like that Zylcious just won't get health.

ShogunFromBrazil said:
Chapter 10 - the map itself seems to be a bit empty and simple - just rocks and black medusas.
Yeah...

This is the post: Bug Topic

Thanks. I will read it soon.

Last edited:
Level 4
Oh I remember you. HELLO THERE! (I love that previous name of yours, very important part of the story that item)

Is the boss really that difficult? Or is this just an annoying mechanism?

Aren't there other mana burning items?

I will make it like that Zylcious just won't get health.

Yeah...

Thanks. I will read it soon.

Xvareon and Zylcious are only for the players who used GIVE UPs now (otherwise they'd kick your ass easily).

1. Really unfair and annoying mechanism. If it could be removed - gonna be much greater! For the first-time campaign finishers it would be impossible to obtain a lot of items - so any of em are vital. And that black dragons just steal em, even when the item is dropped and you have a few seconds to obtain it - the model of the dragon is so huge that it is impossible to click on the item.
2. There are only few of such items and they are completely useless in the later chapters. Same for the talents that heroes got - even maximized mana-burn talent is non-significant. It could be fixed if you can just imrpove the talent - in such case nothing has to be changed with items.
3. If I understand correct - you gonna ban that green-ground effect??? Gonna be great!
4. Can help you with terraining - just adding some normal WC3 effects/objects would be already super.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR RETURN!!!

Btw Yurgimar battle is the best boss-battle in WC3 ever created. Pure epic (music also)!

Last edited:
Level 2
You're back aero, I miss you a lot. Man I miss the time that I used to beat Yurgimar all night and save then load continuously and chat to you and other guys

Level 1
Hello Aero, I wanna say that I first played your campaign about 3+ years ago (and without any success, only got into chapter 4/5 because I sucked and ignored digging/potion-ing). One week ago, however, I opened WC3 again because I had no better thing to do, and yet the one thing that I remembered and wanted to play again the most in WC3 was one campaign which revolved around 3 Dragonslayers. After a quick googling and downloading, I jumped into the campaign again and oh boy I gotta say I love playing this campaign so much even though I'm still at Chapter 7. The lore, gameplay, and details are really, really well built. It will be uber awesome if you really do update this one to 1.1 because I thought this project was as good as dead. Definitely the best custom campaign ever made for WC3.

Please keep us noticed if there's any news regarding the updates, and good luck with the book! Cheers from Indonesia~

Level 37
Hey,

I worked for the campaign two weeks. In that time I fixed many things, but I got stuck to some major bugs like Critical Strike... I forgot how troublesome it was to fix the game overall. So many things I already forgot and didn't know anymore how to fix. And I don't have nowadays much time to figure it all out and motivation to go different forums to ask for help. So eventually I gave up, moved on and started working on another book. This time not fantasy book. I'm still waiting for some feedback before I sent the book about this fantasy world to publisher.

So at least the story is not over, but I fear that I won't be making anymore versions of the campaign. Of course if someone gives a big donation I would work my ass of.

EDIT: But the guy who I spoke in the chat... Is it possible to see those videos you made? It is tearful in a good way to watch videos about the campaign.

Level 4
I hadn't really recorded much of the campaign since I was doing a No Steal run on Normal difficulty which involved a lot of save scumming. I think I just barely did it on my last life. I still have these videos, including the playlist with final battle I mentioned before:
I had a playlist with of all Fradz funny scenes but I ended up deleting them due to hardly any views and clearing old videos. I also had a recording of the cinematic with Talon revealing himself, chapter 5 I think it was, but I ended up deleting it since the scene had a song that YouTube blocked from showing due to copyright restriction.

I may do another play through and record all the chapters since I really enjoyed the game.

Are you planning to make the campaign open source? Of course, just for fixing bugs and typos without damaging any of your work? I believe I saw a comment some time back that someone wanted to help out.

Level 1
Glad to know you have finished your book,congratulations!
It is OK without 1.1 version in future,though chapter 9 Oblisic Boss has over 1,000 armor.What makes chapter 9 takes more time than expected.
BTW,Yurgimar is really a challenge but Zylcious is a disaster lol.
When I beat them in hardcore,I felt a real joy!
My final screenshot (no giving up, begin from zero)
4j6QO.jpg

Level 4
I managed to beat everything till chapter 7 while doing a No Steal run. Then the bosses just got over powering for me and I was playing Normal. Grats on your play-through. :wthumbsup:

Level 2
You sell yourself short. Or maybe not, idk. But this campaign was freakin awesome, even with bugs. I'd pay for a sequel. Plus you did leave a lot open..

Level 1
Hi Aero, I am a huge fan of your game, I don't know how many times i finished it, tested it (items, spells, builds, synergies between them and so forth).
My last playthrough ended yesterday, but i still can't get enough of it.
Infact there's one last thing i want to try: a summoner build. In order to do that i need the summoner's amulet in chapter 7, but when i tried some months ago i noticed that the amulet is bugged: it buffs summons and enemies alike.
Now i wonder if you could do just a small update to address this issue and maybe some others, not the big ones.
I'm not an expert but I think that shouldn't be hard.
Anyhow i really wnat to thank you for your work, it's one of the best things i have ever played.

Level 3
To me no other custom map/campaign even comes close (one exception being dota and dota 2 now) to how much fun im having while playing them. The whole project is massive and no one will fault you if you dont update it. Whatever goes we're all eternally grateful for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.