A New Type Of Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
All in the wc3 community try to develop their maps and make them better and better.I have played all types of maps from arenas to TDs and lots of more.

But it is time for a change.If that continues people will surely get bored and wc3 community will have 50% less people.It's time for a change!!!

I created these threads for people who want to help on making a new type map.
I have downloaded some maps such as Weanimate that have a little bit of different idea.I am open to hear idea from people for a new map.
Here is an idea me and another member of the site thought:

There will be 2 castles.One at the left and one at the right.Each of those castles will be defended by 2 powerful towers.It's a 3v3 map.Players create their heroes from a choice of 10 for each team(everything customized)and they create armies of warriors.Each warrior will have advantages and disadvantages.
For example:
Hoplites > Riders
Riders >Bowmen
Bowmen > Hoplites and that kinda stuff.
WARNING!!!
This in not the idea of the map it's just an example,but if people like it maybe it will get the project started.

Here is an idea me and another member of the site thought.

Yes. This is how I said it:The bases spaced closely together. the bases are a LITTLE like castles. The idea is the towers they build can shoot right into the other players base archers can shoot into there bases, same with tanks. Each side has 2 gates witch can ONLY be opend by them, but the other side can use battering rams and foot men and nights to bust gates, and send there nights and foot men into the other players base. Each unit would counter another unit.

Level 11
Why do you think that this is sooo different from other hero-battle maps. This is similar to Dota, with the difference that you control your creeps...

I'm working on a map since months, that have special options, just like diplomacy, and it includes 6 game modes, each offer a different play. With three teams, the gameplay is more interesting and enjoyable.
It's name is Beyond Serenity, it's under BETA tests, and i still have to recreate the terrain, but it's nearly submittable.
(Just a lil ad :p)

Why do you think that this is sooo different from other hero-battle maps. This is similar to Dota, with the difference that you control your creeps...

I'm working on a map since months, that have special options, just like diplomacy, and it includes 6 game modes, each offer a different play. With three teams, the gameplay is more interesting and enjoyable.
It's name is Beyond Serenity, it's under BETA tests, and i still have to recreate the terrain, but it's nearly submittable.
(Just a lil ad :p)
LOL. In this you BUILD youre units. In this you DO NOT go use heros as a main part. Theres a way youre kinds of units. You BUILD BUILDINGS. AOS\DOTA type games have 3 lanes that units walk down, well, not in this. Bases are like castles, high walls and gates.
towers they build can shoot right into the other players base archers can shoot into there bases, same with tanks
That gives you an idea how close bases are. In my opinion he bescribed the udea badly. =/

Level 5
Wow Hereto Your ideas rock, Seriously you are one of the few people in this site that really knows what they are doing (No Offence Other People :D).
You truly care about the players and not your points :D.

But it's like a melee map with a little extra... :S It's not that great "New type of map" you were writing about.

OK,the map is nearly finished.There are a few things to add(loading screen and that stuff).In 3-5 days i MIGHT release the first BETA version.If anyone wants to help with the map PM me or HeretoDLstuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.