1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

A new TESH Syntax Highlighter for Warcraft 3

Discussion in 'Warcraft Editing Tools' started by looking_for_help, Dec 28, 2013.

1. psxlover

psxlover

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good to hear. Working on triggers seems almost impossible to me without TESH. Even the font used by the default editor seems awful.

I get it that you don't want to bother having to update with each version, since there is a plan to integrate it, but if it is going to be integrated the same way that jasshelper was, you can at least keep improving the code.

2. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    If you don't know the most important functions you need for something of course it's hard, but surely not impossible. It just forces you to think a bit and try to memorize them. Not having OOP doesn't mean it's awful, just like the font it's not that bad. What annoys me is people like you who aren't capable of adapting to the situations that aren't that good when before you had something that improved your life. Just shows 0 flexibility. Just because TESH is a great thing doesn't mean you can treat WE trigger editor like trash...nor you should be limited to TESH when coding, you should be prepared if you can't use it for a while.

3. psxlover

psxlover

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm sorry, but it is trash. Even notepad allows you to change font. The default editor does absolutely nothing other than letting you type letters. And the "shortcuts" it has are awful. No ctrl+f to search, you have to manually go through the menus in order to search. And ctrl+z does not interact with the editor, you can easily remove actions or even whole triggers if you press ctrl+z while working on a custom trigger.
    Any editor that is worse than a notepad is unacceptable.
    And just because I'm forced to use another editor, doesn't mean I should be happy about it.

4. Prometheus3375

Prometheus3375

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hm, maybe it was a mistake in usage that time or bug in TESH. If I come across again that issue, I will report.

By now, I know one bad thing while using JNGP: if Colorizer is enbaled (Grimoire\Enable Colorizer), drag&drop stops working in TESH.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  5. Amigoltu

Amigoltu

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's awesome man. Though it's been some time since any updates were out. Wonder when are they going to come.

Memorize the functions? Do you even know how many functions WC3 WE has, especially with the newest patches? Yeah, I would like to see how YOU memorized them, mate.

I can sort of agree, that a different font is not necessary, but a function list? It is.

6. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Don't be stupid, no one would memorize all functions, that would be just pathetic. What I meant was about memorizing the basic functions, that you use the most.
    My whole point was that TESH was great and useful, but it stopped working on newer patches because of reasons we already know, so we should adapt to the situation we are in and get used to it while we hope we will get TESH again, not to blatantly cry about like a spoiled kid.
    They take quite a while for a patch update, but it's been ages since the last one I hope they didn't forget about us lol.

7. Chaosy

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If you looooove your auto complete and whatnot downgrade your patch to use JNGP/WEX or use wurst as it is the only current language with a proper text editor.

8. Aeryn

Aeryn

Resources:
    Resources:
  9. Chaosy

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh right. Should have said native text editor xD
    Or whatever it is called when you do not have to manually copy code into the editor.

10. Aeryn

Aeryn

Resources:
    Resources:
    :D Well I prefer notepadd++ because of its simplicity and some features like being able to customize your text, color, syntax and even define a language. Also it just takes 1 second to copy paste a text. You dont even have to save a thing. It just does it every 10 seconds.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  11. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    It's the tits. I have used it for every JASS project I've made in the last 7 years.

For Function Lists I keep a copy of common.j and blizzard.j open on separate tabs within the program. Switching is incredibly painless.

12. Chaosy

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Mhm, but it gets annoying after copying 50 times in an hour.
    Great that people like it, but it is not for me x)

13. Aeryn

Aeryn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Also autocomplete makes it easier. Sometimes you don't even have to switch.

14. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    thread re opened

15. looking_for_help

looking_for_help

Resources:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    TESH now works with the latest patch (Version 1.32.9) of Warcraft 3.

Update to version 0.9.5
    • Ported the old TESH to 64 bit so that it works with the latest Version 1.32.9 of Warcraft 3.
    • Added a loading mechanism so that TESH does not rely anymore on other tools like JNGP or SharpCraft, which are not supported anymore.

For more information and installation, refer to the revised A new TESH Syntax Highlighter for Warcraft 3 main post.

16. Prometheus3375

Prometheus3375

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can someone share the dark theme presented in the post?

17. AGD

AGD

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Seems like not all the new keywords are added to tesh database yet, such as those that work with object editor data. Also I think it is better if it reads common.j, blizzard.j, etc. at startup (if present) so that anyone can update them if needed.

Is it possible to make this work with patch 1.31?

18. looking_for_help

looking_for_help

Resources:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Here you go.

True, I will add them with the next update to the database.

I prefer the current solution because it is much more efficient and so startup is quicker. In principle, it is already possible to extend the keywords because the tesh_keywords.db is just a standard SQLite database, which can be modified by everyone.

It is also possible to put functions in the includes/includes.txt file in the meantime, which are then added as user includes. These are essentially treated like normal functions, so they will have syntax highlighting, autocompletion, calltips and are also listed in the function list, in the section "User includes". The style of user includes can also be customized in the options dialog.

You mean the direct start via double-click? This should be possible with basically all versions of Wc3 (also without TESH), using command line arguments
    -launch -loadfile "%1"
    . The new TESH only needs
    "%1"
    , it generates the rest automatically.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  19. AGD

AGD

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    It works now, just found out it's a problem with my registry =).

20. Prometheus3375

Prometheus3375

Resources:
    Resources:
    Made several screenshots of different styles. They do not have gray "bars" of editor (as screenshots in the main post), because WE is running on Win10 with Win7 compatibility.
    @looking_for_help, you may add them to the main post.

Default with HEX underlined

Снимок экрана 2020-12-23 042833.png

Dark

Снимок экрана 2020-12-24 095430.png

Mine

Снимок экрана 2020-12-23 043040.png

For making them I was using this template.
    I also attached my styles.

Attached Files: