• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

a new rpg, a good one.....

Will this map work out well?

• Yeah it will be the greatest map ever.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • It will do fine, but it will fall into the crowd.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • I dont like the idea very much.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Terrible idea i think you should jump off a cliff

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
i plan to make an rpg about orcs attacking humans. i thought iof this as i was staring at a loap load screen (you know the one with the humans charging at the orcs) and i was thinking about fferpg, so what did i do.... i started thinking of names and things, my basic idea is like, you stumble out of the wilderness into this valley, where both humans and orcs reside, you dont remember your name or anything so you walk around for a bit.... im not going to write the rest becaus it would make my hands hurt. what do you think, is it worth a shot?:thumbs_up:ty for reading.

Level 7
continueation of story

well, basicly the storyline is you and your friend(s) are walking through this forrest or something (dont know not too sure of it yet) and you and friend lose your memories, you start seeing things, and thinking things, untill you strike at your friend, he runs off somewhere and you end up walking for ages
(friend ends up in same map just on other side of map to join orcs) and if i decide to make massively multiplayer it would be a dota like thing i guess....
lol im making a dota now! but maybe a small differation of storyline, im making a example thing now to see if i like it myself.... i may change the storyline a fair bit. features: jobs, gotta make money, pvp (maybe), many classes and charecters, open for suggestions still......... :grin::xxd::thumbs_up::fp: but thats why im posting here.

Level 12
I'd say
Dota + Orpg
You can choose which Side you work with... or choose no side and Just have fun killing both sides.... Or ally with everyone and try to destroy both the humans and the Orcs
-When you killing the Leader of the humans they constantly try to Bribe you with Money...
-THe Orcs will be Harder to Kill and there shall be no Bribes.....

Other Races are about that you can learn spells from
-Tauren-Just Eating Grass-Blowback-Impale/Shockwave, Earthquake, Warstomp
-Naga-Killed the Nightelves and now don't know what to do with their lives....
-Troll-Potheads that Mated with the Nightelves before they died-Tree Spells and other things....

Human Attackers-Each unit has a specialty and work togethor Quite Well
-Knights-Sheilded Men with a 10% evasion ability, Medium Attack Strength with Low Attack Speed and Medium armor. Has a 100 attack Range
-Spear Men-High Attack Strength and High Attack speed with medium armor. Has a 250 attack Range
-Archer-High attack Strength but Slow Attack Speed and No armor. Has a 1000 attack range
-Hero-Paladin-50% Blowback Ability, Cheer (Increase unit health Regeneration), Mass Teleport (happens right Before he is going to die)

Orc Attackers-They only have 1 unit that is Brutally Strong
-Throw Axe-One hit Kill-AI does it At Maximum Range 1000 minimum Range 350 and there is only 1 unit within Range it has a 850 Attack Range
--Pick up axe-Auto Cast
-Axe Ability-10% Blowback, 10% Critical Strike
-Pumped Up-Increase Movement and Attack Speed

THese are my thoughts...
I hate when People make these Games and they're boring....
At least you will see an Epic battle occur between the two....
-That can easily go one way or another....
--Though the way it should go is the Orc naturally are stronger and push enemies back... the Humans Push orc Back when they have their hero...

Level 7
well it wont be a dota copy. it will have a rpg element. basicly you start off as undecided and get to choose who you work for. i like the idea of other races, i will use that. to the people who dont like dota i say "me too" the good news is it wont be all that much like dota, its just that lots of people seem to know dota alot. and that is the best way for me to explain a map like this. Also it might be a bit like dota now that i think about it. It has a different thing than dota, its got more randomness to it. not the totaly = races fighting each other for survival. it will have normal game ai, so you never know when you will stumble upon an attacking party. WELL... now that i think about it, its a strategic normal game with a storyline...... pehaps a different aproach to this map

NOTE: i like those unit ideas aswell formula

Last edited:
Level 12
well it wont be a dota copy. it will have a rpg element. basicly you start off as undecided and get to choose who you work for. i like the idea of other races, i will use that. to the people who dont like dota i say "me too" the good news is it wont be all that much like dota, its just that lots of people seem to know dota alot. and that is the best way for me to explain a map like this. Also it might be a bit like dota now that i think about it. It has a different thing than dota, its got more randomness to it. not the totaly = races fighting each other for survival. it will have normal game ai, so you never know when you will stumble upon an attacking party. WELL... now that i think about it, its a strategic normal game with a storyline...... pehaps a different aproach to this map

NOTE: i like those unit ideas aswell formula

You said Strategic Normal Gameplay....
-Are you implying you'll get troops of your own?

Level 7
You said Strategic Normal Gameplay....
-Are you implying you'll get troops of your own?

well yes! i would have to do this or you would have to have one uber hero!!
i dont want anyone to have an uber hero in my rpg... i am gonna make them work for it. another thing i might do is seal off the orcs so i dont have to make some units. and the orcs open with a trigger. the strategy would be to plan attacks, i might make it so that player one has full unit controll of the humans, and player whatever gets the orcs. another part of the strategy is to flee or fight sort of thing, i am gonna have a large death penalty. but im posting here to mull over my idea.

Level 12
I gots teh Respect for that!
Everymap these days is about Tome whoring.... Or rediculus Items to make your Hero The Best....

QUick thought right off the Bat....
-Summoners Seem Like they're really going to be in demand if thats the Case...
Summoners/Auras

A spell in a map I'm making right now is Burrow.... which isn't really that new... or sounds exciting....

But it Can really make a difference If you have units burrow and then pop out when your enemies least expect it....
-It can add a whole new dynamic to the Gameplay

Another thought is....
-If People Train/buy/Summon a whole lot of Units... Will they just be able to Suffocate their Enemies and there would be no escape?

I mean... I don't think that Heroes should easily be able to kill everyone..........
-But I do believe that people should have the oppertunity to be able to take on an entire army.....
--SOme people could... some people couldn't....

What Are your Plans for heroes anyway? I didn't catch it...

Level 7
I gots teh Respect for that!
Everymap these days is about Tome whoring.... Or rediculus Items to make your Hero The Best....

QUick thought right off the Bat....
-Summoners Seem Like they're really going to be in demand if thats the Case...
Summoners/Auras

A spell in a map I'm making right now is Burrow.... which isn't really that new... or sounds exciting....

But it Can really make a difference If you have units burrow and then pop out when your enemies least expect it....
-It can add a whole new dynamic to the Gameplay

Another thought is....
-If People Train/buy/Summon a whole lot of Units... Will they just be able to Suffocate their Enemies and there would be no escape?

I mean... I don't think that Heroes should easily be able to kill everyone..........
-But I do believe that people should have the oppertunity to be able to take on an entire army.....
--SOme people could... some people couldn't....

What Are your Plans for heroes anyway? I didn't catch it...

my plans for heros are..... incomplete. i think i will have to have a archer a swordsman a beastmaster is an idea too... battlemage sniper and probly more if i think of them. there will be a strict food limit. so you wont be able to suffocate enemies at the start (have to buy more unit slots) so you will have to be strategic on the units you have, like an archer wouldnt ewant 50 other archers they would want meatshield a.k.a. sworsmen. i am making the heros in my rpg, more like warcraft heros (great to have with a army, not too good alone) and the abilitys will be more upgradeable (slow starting but maxed = UBER) and there will be mini heros to hire. (just for my own random thought I will make a meatshield item for a more easier fleeing or fighting thing)
ABILITIES: camoflage (hides units for a suprise attack or to avoid unwanted battles)
a uber ability for each class (warrior would be killing spree(increases DAMAGE BY 400% and makes invunrable for 10 secondes(lvl 70)))

Last edited:
Level 12
Hm........
I would say increase damage by 9001 just so you can name the ability over 9000.....
But this isn't a joke + Gameplay map... its a warcraft + Gameplay map...

That Sounds VERY appropiate!
-I would say from there each race has their own Specialty units and Offshoots of other units
Tauren-Meatsheild
Nightelf-

Sounds good....

Meatsheild Item=Healing Ward with Taunt Ability and bigger....

Are you going to give people vision of the entire map or no?

Hero Types that I would Definitly Appreciate
-Nature Master-Not every Summon spell would be based off Spawning things out of nothing.... it includes; Parasite, Force of Nature, Carrion Beetles and Air Elemental

-Oracle-Very Simple Spells that People will know how to use; Blink, Spawn Lava elemental (Help you out and respawn but you need to watch out for them....) very simple things... the perfect balance of all of them...

-Leader-Most annoying Enemy and very Straight forward (but not as good in the long run) (warrior); Roar (only Speed Upgrade), Charm, Killing spree?, intimdate aura (Enemies will have decreased Defenses)

This is all I got for now... but.... I think you get the idea....

I don't think you should put any humans or Orcs as Heroes just Because those factions would have their heroes in the Battle....

Another Thought is Having Secret ultimate Units you can buy...
-They wouldn't seem like much when you buy them.... But if you know how to use them right.... THey're Unstoppable

Example
-Runner (Nightelf)
--100% Evasion that has a cooldown of .5 seconds
--Highest Speed in the Game
--Taunt
--Attack strength 1
--HP = 1

If you set the Unit to Patrol back and forth, each time a unit MIGHT be able to hit her Evasion ability would have its cooldown ended... However.... If you just send her into battle to stand still... She's going to get killed...... easily....

Little tricks that people can figure out....

Level 12
I have a few concepts I'm going with right now...
I actually just recently came back from a long...... "vacation"......
-And my old maps actually had a lot of interesting concepts... but some of them have NO writing on them.... Making them impossible to continue... except by memory...

In anycase.... I'm planning on making a clan thats all about concept.... And Actually Making Maps is just a perk....
-If you don't have a good concept.... A good idea... your maps will just be nothing....
--But then again... if you figure out a moshposh of ideas..... and throw em into a map as a concept map.... your learning... and it might be fun.....

But in comes to the concepts.... And then the ideas of...
"Do I really care about this... THAT MUCH?"
"Why does it take so much patience to actually make a Map?"
"Is there a way around it?"

But... Right now I'm working on a couple projects including....
1) Naga Footmen-Just a concept Map... Not taking it too seriously right now... Just because its kinda... ya know.... Unoriginal....
2) Mario Arena-I set up a Arrow Key Type Movement System and the camera automatically follows your unit so it would feel like a real Platformer... This + Jump Spell and other spells will Make it Feel Like its a 2d platformer in 3d
3) Secret Project that I don't want anyone else to see for now....
4) Risk-Which I'm not Actually Working on... if people want to help... then I might be willing to... otherwise... I don't see much worth in the map...
5) Evolution Map-I created a small Concept Map for Custom Hero Design and Evolution System. Depending On how many times you cast the ability, when you evolve it, it will turn into something different. Also... Making sure that people can switch character models while keeping the same Hero Abilities at the same levels....
6) Reproduction-I won't say much about this right now.... but I'll put it this way... There will be rape...... And Trees are involved... and Forest Fires.... And Big........ Hard........ Mountain Giants.....

Depending On what you need me to do I can do it....
I'd love to get my hands in on as many projects I can... If not to make them go... To at least get someone confident enough to try out another map afterwards....

Maybe if you learn a bit by doing this you can help me with my own maps.....
and Maybe help me Publicize Mah Clan....

But then again... your post count tells me ur a nub....

Level 12
post count lies!! im just recently sighned up on here. been cruising around a different site for a while, signed up 3 days ago!! that is why my post count is so low.

Eh... its no problem.....
SO long as you want to get what you want done.... Your someone worth working with....

If you get lazy though.... just tell me....
-You may get lazy but so long as you want to finish your map, I don't think things will be a problem....

Also.... Just thinking about it..... Most of the Game will be about Terraining and Making everything Look good....
-The Spells/Hero/Unit Creation will just be Time consuming....
--As for the Blowback Spells.... I'm working with A map right now that needs it anyway... so as soon as a figure that betch out... it'll be as simple as cut and Paste....

So... How do you want to organize this?
What to do first?

Level 12
i guess it would be the map.... i will think of what i need for a bit.

Well... Right off the bat I could tell you a few things you need......
-You can stick to concepts for a second.... I'll just throw out what is necessary via Trigger/Location/unit editing

i'm making a concept map right now... I'll probably be done very soon...
Below is writing of what is needed
-Spawn of Humans-Attack To Point
--AI of Hero-This'll be interesting to work with........ lol.....
-Spawns of Orcs-Attack to point

Are you going to stay around for much longer?

The concepts on the attatchment....
I didn't Add the Alliance trigger even though thats really easy.... I can do that later...
Just tell me if you still want to work on it...
-And I'll give you a goal I'm going for currently.... and then we can race for it.... or seperate the next two tasks necessary....

From here just increase map size and create Quests that will happen so we know what to change the map into when we work on terrain...
Or add in Alliance Trigers and Spawn Points..... Which reminds me....

(I came up with a lil RPG a while back that was pretty neat.... Then again... I'm not sure if will fit this ones theme.... The heroes I thought up were about perfect for it...... From what I understood....)

From there we can increase the map size and add in Nice terrain Places through copy and pasting or doing it ourselves...

Attachments

• Small AoS Map.w3x
    40.7 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Level 7
i have changed the idea a little, instead of liken this wilderness thing you end up on this island... like lost... sorta. its just an idea could work, might not. maybe the fact that randomly humans orcs and your heros all end up on the same island kind of makes me think..... too convinent. but then again a good island map aint a bad idea. hmm im undecided. i will be online on weekends and fridays a bit..... now, i name this thread, THE IDEA FOR MAP THREAD (needs work on the name...) so does the map... if you read this, maybe comment name ideas or something.

Level 12
i have changed the idea a little, instead of liken this wilderness thing you end up on this island... like lost... sorta. its just an idea could work, might not. maybe the fact that randomly humans orcs and your heros all end up on the same island kind of makes me think..... too convinent. but then again a good island map aint a bad idea. hmm im undecided. i will be online on weekends and fridays a bit..... now, i name this thread, THE IDEA FOR MAP THREAD (needs work on the name...) so does the map... if you read this, maybe comment name ideas or something.

Island?....
WHy an Island?

I suppose you can seperate the tribes a lot more.............

You can do a Bay.....
-there would be a seperating waters between the two bases where naval warfare goes on...
-On the lower part there would be Dota....
-Inside the Bay would be a bunch of islands of Different tribes....
-And you can add in some cliffs on the northern tip of one of the side for the tauren base
--And the night elves just sneak around the forests... no real tribe persay.... but move a bout constantly.... (at night they cannot be found and change location) (during the day they hide out in the trees [0 collision size to allow them to actual GO in the trees] [and make their AI based off reaction not inital attack] [and their elders are invulnerable mobile shops])

Level 7
yea the island idea is more..... workable, maybe a bunch of islands so that they are split up, night elves liturally living in trees, makes loads of sense. I think naval warfare would be a good part of this, i mean there would be like race benifits. humans: with thier boats they rule the sea. night elves: weak in hp but strong in damage(they will need meatshields, like the mountain giant). orcs: so strong on land that nothing can stand up to them(except player forces) tauren: lots of hp, large damage(these would be hidden fairly well). i have a global idea for the biuldings too. humans: strongly built lots of defence. orcs: flimsy but all biuldings have bowman in them(or something like that). night elves: thier biulding well be tanks basicly, strong, able to attack. tauren: much like orcs, but they wont have archers.

Level 12
yea the island idea is more..... workable, maybe a bunch of islands so that they are split up, night elves liturally living in trees, makes loads of sense. I think naval warfare would be a good part of this, i mean there would be like race benifits. humans: with thier boats they rule the sea. night elves: weak in hp but strong in damage(they will need meatshields, like the mountain giant). orcs: so strong on land that nothing can stand up to them(except player forces) tauren: lots of hp, large damage(these would be hidden fairly well). i have a global idea for the biuldings too. humans: strongly built lots of defence. orcs: flimsy but all biuldings have bowman in them(or something like that). night elves: thier biulding well be tanks basicly, strong, able to attack. tauren: much like orcs, but they wont have archers.

Well.... Islands will be Just islands and may look ugly
A bay can keep the wilderness theme...

But I suppose its your map.... no point in tellin you what to do...

But like you said...
Islands would be a little weird...
-Unless it was Naga vs Trolls....

Level 7
I am thinking more of a mountainscape now... islands are not all that workable... a valley with a lake in the middle will allow naval warfare, and it would just make things go better. I really have to start something soon or im gonna forget everyting!

Level 12
I am thinking more of a mountainscape now... islands are not all that workable... a valley with a lake in the middle will allow naval warfare, and it would just make things go better. I really have to start something soon or im gonna forget everyting!

SOunds good...
ANy start is a good start from my persepective...
Maybe no though........

Level 12
Eh... I could work on custom items and abilities while you work on terrain...
Also.... the terrain sounds pretty simple.... I suppose I could do that for ya....

Just make me a sketch on MS Paint.... And I'll make it happen...
-As for the Trees and such... You'd have to do that Cuz No matter how well you try to show me... It'll probably only be able to be truelly seen by the one envisioning it...

Level 7
I will give the landscape a shot. But i want to make it a good template terrain, a few trees here, a few paths there. i need unit race ideas so i can make map acordingly otherwise i will probably have to redo it to acomadate the races i left out. So i need to make a list hmm, maybe:

• Humans
  • Orcs
  • Demons
And many more.... hopefully

EDITED

Last edited:
Level 12
Well....

My belief is the Quality Of the Races Matters more then the quantity....

Like... you could have a whole lot of Races... But they may be sooooo unblanaced that in reality only one would stay Alive if they had the right numbers (Example: Demon)

THough the number of different races also may make the game more epic... which is really all that a RPG is about.... maybe.......

Level 7
Im thinking sticking to the basics for regular gameplay. secret races like demon would like hold an item or something... but maybe quality not quantity may be the way to go. well.... im gonna see what races there are that would fit with this, humans and orcs will be in for sure, humans aswell. but yeah it would be boring with too little but too filled with too many races would choke it up a little. But i like demon so i think ill fit that in somewhere (for the chalenge of taking on the strongest race and getting a thrill beating them). But im open for ideas still...

Level 12
Orc-Gifted with Body and Decisions (Similar to Demon only they work togethor)
Demon-Depends on the Body (Extremely strong race in terms of HP, Dmg, etc)

Human-Gifted with Spells and Decisions (Similar To Magicians only they work togethor)
Magicians-Gifted in Spells (Doesn't work with anyone.... are lone Spellcasters perfecting their craft)

Dwarfs-Good Technology and work togethor
Goblin-Good Technology but are loners

Night Elf-Connection with the Past and everything (Helpers, Charm Ability, freindlies) and work togethor
Treants-Are Everywhere (Narrators)

Hero-Decision Making, Spells and Body (Has the choice to work togethor with people, Perfect your body or Perfect your craft)... Renassiance Man....

Magicians would be a secret race of uber spells-You'd have to complete quests to get their spells
Demons would be a secret race of rediculous attack-You'd have to learn Charm to get em as Freindlies
Goblins would Sell you things for gold

Night elves would tell you different secrets for free, Act as free freindlies, Will sell you thinngs and give you free spells (but you must increase a level before you can upgrade it) But their stuff is weak.... Compared to everyone else...

ANd Treants Actually Do nothing.... But just walk around... and Maybe dance a little bit....

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

lol it does?

Here are my suggestions, if your gonna make jobs and an aos, head for theese:
Engerneering- (0) Small Bolts (10) Simple iron (15) Copper Bolts (25) Wooden spears(upgrades allies dmg by 2) (35) Soft iron (50) Bad working Orgnar(spawns 1 bad working orgnar for each lane) (55) Iron Bolts (70) Steel (80) Steel Bolts (90) Hard Iron(100) Bad working Balasta(spawns 1 bad working balasta for each lane) (110) Mithril Bolts (130) Iron Spears(upgrades all allies dmg by 4) (145) Tempered Iron (160) Advanced Refining (170) Adamant Bolts (180) Functioning Catapult(spawn 1 Functioning Catapult for each lane) (200) Godly Iron. Thats my ideas for Engerneering ill give another later(when i have time)

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Argghh!!! so many messages. . . Too much text. God help us all. Please.

God has forsaken us DOOM WILL TAKE OVER TEH WORLD MWHAHAHAHAHAHaHAHaHaHHAHAHAAHh oh sorry i just dont control my hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.