• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A new kind of roleplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
This thread is a Text-base Role-play. I'm testing to see how good you guys are at text-based role-play. I will start with a turn by turn role-play. There is 1 character, and every person takes turns role-playing what he will do next, and they will have to allow several decisions for the next person to continue from. I will start.

You are Garrin. A lonely corn farmer who finds himself as a great hero in the future:
After nearing the end of packing his caravan with bags of corn, Garrin notices that one of the wooden wheels have split open. You decide you will walk to town to buy a new wheel to replace your old one. As you walk down the winding path, a bandit jumps out from behind a tree, axe in hand.
-Bandit: Hand over all that is of value, or I will not hesitate to take your life.

Now you must continue the story. Good luck.:mwahaha:

Last edited:
Level 8
OOC: 1. do you plan or starting an actual text based role-play? 2. The bandit talks a bit.... non-banditish. He should say something like: "gimme all you got, or you're dead!"
Anyway...

Garrin stumbles a few feet back, suprised, obviously scared...
"Please, I'm just a farmer, i have nothing of value!"
The bandit just stares at Garrin with a cruel face, not carring about Garrin's words.
Garrin was never a good runner, let alone a fighter. What should he do? He can't afford to give the bandit what he has. On the other hand, he has no debt the bandit will kill him if he doesn't give him what he wants...

OOC: Sorry for any bad spelling/grammar...

Level 8
OOC: it's ok. Also, When we talking with characters, use colours like I've used in first post. Garrin is purple, Bandits and other Neutral units are sea green, and I will get into more later on.

Garrin: Please don't kill me. I am but a poor farmer.
Bandit: Hahaha. And the poor farmer begs for his life. Hehehe...
Garrin steps back, sees a thick stick on the ground, and picks it up for defence.

Level 8
Garrin picked up the stick, and stood up in something that is suposed to ba a battle stance.

The bandit just laughed, and used his old, rusty axe to chop Garrins stick, right in two halves.
Bandit:"Hahahah, what were you trying to do there? I should kill you, just for that! But since im a merciful man, ill..."
Thats when Garrin hit him with his stick. Right in the face. He clumbsely tried attacking, but was easely deflected, even by Garrin. Then came a nother hit... and a nother..

OOC: Action, already!:grin:

Sorry for any errors, again...

Level 8
Garrin notices the bandit drop his axe. He picks up the axe, holds the axe above his head, and with no hesitation, strikes the bandit in cold blood.

Level 8
At that point, Garrin realised what he has done. He took a man's life. True, if he hadn't done so, that same man would have probably taken his, but still...
That was the first time Garrin killed someone.
He tried to think what to do next. Should he hide the body? No, why should he.
Then he heard someone whitling a tune...

Level 8
He saw that it was one of the guards from Alorin, a town thats further down the track. The guard noticed Garrin holding the axe, and he drew his sword.
Garrin: Stop! I'm not going to attack you. I had to save myself from this bandit.
The guard looks at the bandit, and sheaths his sword.
Guard: Yeah, they've been a real pest lately. I'll tell you what, I'll let you keep the axe for saftey, just promise you won't injure any innocent people.
Garrin hides the axe in the bushes.
Garrin: I'm returning down this track, so I'll claim it when I return to go home.

Level 8
OOC: btw, garrins purple. anyways...
Garrin: These bandits sound tough, to be able to beat the guards.
Bandit: Yes, we are.
Garrin spins around to notice about 4 bandits a few feet behind him, one holding a guards severed head.

Level 8
"Why didnt i bring that axe!" Was the first think that came through Garrin's mind.
The second one was swearing.
Bandit: "Now, hand over what you have aswell, or we will take it from your body!"

Level 8
OOC: Wait, dude, he killed the bandit with a stone, picked up his weapon, undressed the bandit, put on the armor, and all while 3 more fully armored bandits were around him? Why didnt they just kill him?

Level 8
OOC: You may bring new characters in, as long as they do not derrive the storyline of Garrin. And why was those last few posts all over the place?? He killes a guy, takes his weapons and armor in a matter of 3 seconds, and the other 3 bandits don't even notice??? Lets backspace a few posts. After Garrin kills one and takes his weapon.

Bandit: How dare you. You shall pay for that with your life.
Other Bandit: Look at him, scared as anything.
Garrin shudders, knowing he may not survive past this day, past this hour, even past this minute.
Suddenly, a stroke of luck. Garrin notices behind the bandits, a dark, pale skinned man wielding 2 curved blades appears, and brutally strike down the last 3 bandits, slaughtering them in such inhumane ways.
Garrin: Wha-WHAT???
Althrin: Don't fear. I am Althrin. I travel through these local forrests and towns, searching for meddlesome bandits and raiders, and ending them. Say, you look like your a good fighter. Would you like to train and become better, so you can protect your people and yourself?
Garrin pondered for a moment. He did not know this guy, but he trusted him, while all the well fearing him, for he could sense the skill and power this mysterious man had. He thought about how he and his people would have died, because he lacked the skill to protect them. He then though how great he could become. He always wanted to be seen as a hero.
Garrin: I... I accept.
He took this opportunity so he may become strong, and to protect his people. He did not know it yet, but the people of his town were already thinking of him as a hero just for the performance and bravery he showed moments ago.

Level 8
Althrin:Alright then... follow me...
A few minutes later, they walked into a small camp.
Althrin:Fell as home, this is my camp...
He took a short look at the rusty, short sword Garrin took from the bandit and was still holding. He took out an old, long sword. Although old, it was still very sharp."High quality" thought Garrin.
Althrin: This will serve you better... So, where were you heading?

Level 8
Garrin: To town. Needing to by a new wheel for my cart, so I can carry corn to town and sell.
Althrin: Don't worry. After I'm done with you, you won't need to buy a wheel. With what I can train, you will learn to make the objects you need with the environment around. Crafting helps improve the mind aswell as body. Soon, you will become a strong warrior.

Level 11
Garrin:And if I decline?
Althrin:You are free to go, but why would you want to decline such an oppurtunity. To become one with your body and mind. To craft your skills in the ways of the Hero.

Wrinkles apear on Garrins faces as if he was in deep thought on what to do. Leave his life behind and become a mighty Hero that will be renown though out the ages, or stay with his family and leave a worthless life of turmoil and hardship.

Garrin: I will train with you, please teach me to become stronger.
Althrin: Very well. First I would like you to meet your companion in this quest of your to become stronger. He will help you in your battles, and stick with you even when you are at your lowest. His name is Squirrely, The Zombie Squirrel.

OOC: New character: Squirrely the Zombie Squirrel. He produces comic relief in tense situation and loves eating brians.

Level 8
OOC: :S guys. zombie squirrel?... Come on. This is meant to be atleast semi realistic. Im gonna back up a few things. Althrin is his companion.

Garrin:
So, when do we start training?
Althrin: First thing in the morning.

Level 11
OOC : zombie squirrel is quite lame too in my opinion, have to do something.

Just halfway the journey, Althrin and Garrin saw a zombie squirrel running towards them.It's Squirrely!
Squirrely : Run!Run!The Lord!The Lord!
Garrin : What did he say?
Althrin : Dunno'

Then came a Dark Minion(Firelord tinted black and a common beast from south) firing a flaming death coil to the squirrel.Squirrely in an almost-burnt condition fell from a steep cliff to a river.

Garrin : Now I know what he said.
Althrin : No time for blabbering, run!My blade can't pierce dark minions!
Garrin : Is there any way to retrieve him?
Althrin : There is, we can revive him!But we need to find the Lone Druid at north.We'll find Squirrely's corpse later.

And so they ran north to find the druid.

OOC : I didn't kill Squirrely, just delayed his appearence.Hope this ain't breakin' the rulez.

Level 8
soz was away for a few days... ok I was playing wow. damnit too addictive. need to finish my map, campain, and other project (spell checking someone elses campain)

Walking out of the forrest, they see a large town, barricaded and blocked off by lots of soldiers, none of them wearing the towns badge. Althrin and Garrin hide in the forrest.

Althrin: I think it best we stayed here for awhile. Nothing looks destroyed, so my guess is that there is some kind of royalty in town and they don't want anyone in. We should just camp here and train you some more untill they leave.
Garrin: Uh... Ok then. I can handle that.

They set up camp in the forrest. 6 days pass.

Garrin: Why are the guards still here. There must be some dark secret about these guys. They wouldn't block a path for this long.
Althrin:lt I too think it's strange.

That night, while Garrin slept, Althrin sneaks off. He discovers a section of wall not guarded, times the distance between guards walking over the top, then climbs the wall. He creeps in, and to his surprise, sees debris and destruction, atleast over 3 weeks old. He sneaks around, and discovers the burned out tourist center. Althrin notices a singed map of the town. Although singed, it was still readable. Over the next hour he travels the town and moniters the guards positions, time between guards ariving at patrol points, and devises a plan.

Last edited:
Level 11
OoC:
He tells Garrin of his finidings and of his plan. TO REVIVE SQuirrely and find out what really happened in the town!

Level 8
NO MOTHER FUCKING SQUIRREL!!!. wait till tomorrow and I will continue this. gtg now.

Level 11
The knights were about to kill him, thank fully Squirrely jumps out of noewhere and says BUGA BUGA. Which is more terriffing, squirrely being alive again or him screaming buga buga

Level 8
FFS!! THATS IT!! if someone brings back squirrel 1 more time, I am reporting them to forum mod for flaming.

Level 8
anyway, back to rp

Althrin returns to the camp, and the next day he acts completely normal. That night Althrin dissapears again, and that next morning, Garrin wakes, and notices Althrin in the distance, walking back to the camp. After Althrin was closer, Garrin noticed blood all over the swords, and small stains on his clothes.

Garrin: What in the.. What happened?
Althrin: Hmf... That took longer than I expected.
Garrin: What did?
Althrin: If you must know, take a look in the town.

They pack up the camp, then wander into the town, to find death and destruction everywhere.

Garrin: Did you do this?
Althrin: Only the guards. The guards had killed the the old townsfolk and plundered the buildings. However I noticed they were constructing a monument, out of dark stone and fel iron. Something tells me these guards were under a demonic spell, or serving a demon lord. Thankfully, they could not finish the monument.
Garrin: WHAT!? Demons? Here? We must warn the lord...
Althrin: We must. I estimate it will take about 3 days to get to the lord's castle. We must make haste, taking 5 minute breaks every 2 hours. We can do some training on the move too.

They travelled down the only road to the castle... Dark, treachurous... Who knew what was lying in wait to ambush an unsuspecting traveller...

Level 8
please, I really dont want to have to report u to mod for flaming. this is a text based RP, not 4chan. please, please stop, and just let the RP continue.

Level 8
how do you mean? theres no dice (yet), no stats (yet), and no dungeons, nor dragons... (yet).

Level 11
OOC : No talking animals referring to a zombie

Just about when they about starting going to the lord's castle, they encountered a Fel Guardian with a giant axe.
Garrin : Oh Sh*t
Althrin : Hell Sh*t
Garrin : What do we do now?
Althrin : I'll strike the front, you go to his back to find a chance to stab his *ss

Level 14
The group see a old man.
OldMan: Hey you come here.
Garrin: What are you doing next to that Fel.
OldMan: Well, I have heroes, come to castle of hell.
The old man's skin melted to see a demonic figure. He walked a way, and his Fel Guardian attacked.
Lesser Fel Guardian
Garrin
Althrin
15 Hits
10 hits
12 hits

Last edited:
The group see a old man.
OldMan: Hey you come here.
Garrin: What are you doing next to that Fel.
OldMan: Well, I have heroes, come to castle of hell.
The old man's skin melted to see a demonic figure. He walked a way, and his Fel Guardian attacked.
Lesser Fel Guardian
Garrin
Althrin
15 Hits
10 hits
12 hits

WTF
this is not an RPG
this is a ROLEPLAY
TEXT ROLLEPLAY

Level 8
omg this is getting way out of hand. why can I not find serious rpers? especially since this is in the Roleplay Forum. Ok, so we see a Fel guard with an axe, which is interesting. Someone pick up from this pls.

As Althrin charged to the fel guard, a sharp arrow come from Althrin's back pierced the poor Fel Guard

Althrin: Drianne? Your alive! I thought you were dead. From that quest
Drianne: It will take them million of times to take me down
Althrin: why are you here?
Drianne: I was sent by the guild to assassinate someone here, but i only saw rotten corpses
Althrin: I see, they were murdered by those mysterious knights of this castle
Drianne: who is that man? apprentice
Althrin: Yes, he is Garrin, Garrin meet Drianne, Drianne meet Garrin
Drianne: Nice to meet ya
Garrin: Nice to meet ya too

Last edited:
Level 14
Voice of the old man:You beat a lesser Fel Guardian. Good, good, go east if you what to defeat Shadow king.
A path opened up to the east showing a great castle.

Level 8
woah, SoL, u are deriving off the storyline. have you even read the past 4 pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.