• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Free MMO That DOESN'T suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
atlantica.jpg

I'm new to this site and love it, why don't I share with them a FREE mmo that I find addictive (Almost as Addictive as WoW). The game is called Atlantica Online and is based around the search for Atlantis. The main feature of the game is a battlesystem that is unique to MMORPGs. This battle system has been seen in most of the console RPGs like Final Fantasy.
Atlantica_20081226_144031359.jpg

(3 Players and their parties team up to battle a Boss)
The bar on the top of screenshot is the time limit to take your turn. When Red it is the monster's turn, when green it is the player's turn.

Another interesting element to the game is the automove. This allows your character to automatically move to the location of a quest, or to a town you've been to when used on the map. This comes in handy, insuring you wont get lost while trying to return to a town.

My big plus on this game is the bosses. Tough baddies usually accompanied by minions. The further along in the game you get, the tougher the baddies are. These guys make you think (If your main character, represented by a ring around his/her base, dies you loose the battle) and often can kill your mercenaries off in one turn. Some bosses will team up with their minnions and attack one character, which sucks becuase it is usually a one turn kill.
Luckily, before entering a battle against the boss you can see your chances of winning the battle.

Now when making your main character (the character that will represent you and lead your mercenaries) instead of choosing a class you choose a weapon type:

Sword - Attacks one target, only weapon you can equip a shield with.
Axe - Attacks target and the two baddies next to it.
Spear - Attacks target and the baddie behind it.
Gun - Similar to spear, only you can target back row characters.
Cannon - Attacks target and all baddies next to, in front of and behind it. Can attack back row characters
Bow - Attacks one enemy. Can attack back row characters.
Guitar - Attacks similar to gun. Abilities either effect all enemies or all allies.
Powersaw - Unlocked when you get a character to level 100, massive weapon. I don't know much else because I have yet to unlock it. All I know is that it is very very powerful and same attack pattern as the axe.
Staff - Same as bow.

The only downside to the game to me is that you have to use the market to get better armor and weapons due to lack of weapon/armor vendors. It's not a big downside, you can by upgraded gear too.

Head to AtlanticaOnline.com and check it out.

This thread is also open for anyone who thinks they have a good free MMORPG that needs to be mentioned.

Last edited:
Level 4
I wouldn't call it an anime mmo, it lacks several features (including the look) of an anime mmo. It's about as close to anime as FF8 is.

Level 24
Atlantica Online is supposed to be very good based on what I've heard of it. I personally play Zero Online, but the beta only just ended, it's kind of buggy, and TQ hates us T_T

Level 8
I pretty much have lost interest in all mmo's after quitting WoW. I guess you could say after playing WoW for so many years I became too accustomed to the selfishness of WoW's gear system while other MMO's I have tried playing again just seem insignificant since the character progression seems less important or slower than WoW and based more on group progression. WoW turned me into a solo, self progressing player who just likes to get all the gear myself to kill other players... not that I play WoW anymore though... maybe when the new Star Wars MMO comes out Ill play an MMO again.

Status
Not open for further replies.