• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A Few Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Aight, I've been trying to figure stuff out, but some of it just isn't working.
A) Minimap image. Yeh, yeh, I know how to change it for a pregame preview, but how do I change the actual ingame minimap? I've seen it done... does it require WEU or something?
B) Changing the land mine targets to blow up on only certain types (i.e., only on heroes)... The targets allowed are blank, sooo....
C) PM me if you have Magos cuz I wanna make a custom load screen, and if you could run that through Magos, that would be fantastic.
D) Making an ability have a number of charges, but not an item, like in Darky's RotD with the crazy Goblin and his charged lay land mine ability.

Yeah, I'll post more as I encounter them.
--donut3.5--

Level 40
A) the ingame map is war3mapMap.tga.

B) blank = everything. Im not sure if tweaking the targets will actually matter, but you might as well try it :D

C) I have magos, but cant you use it? or does it not support Macs :?. if so, just email the load screenie to me at [email protected]

D) Idk, but maybe make several diff abils with icons that look like charges, and remove one "charge" ( actually switching the ability ) from the abil every time its casted

Level 27
Yeh, I really shouldn't have responded... I was just tired and angry at his post.
Now on to the topic.
A) Thanks Purplepoot, needed that path. :)
B) I might just have to do it with trigs...
C) And yeah, Magos doesn't support macs... :( Thanks for offering! (BTW, if you have MAgos, why don't you try modeling? :D I'm sure you'd be pretty good at it ;))
D) Heh, that one I might just do without using abilities... Abilities was just a way I was thinking of doing it simply.
--donut3.5--

Level 40
(BTW, if you have MAgos, why don't you try modeling? I'm sure you'd be pretty good at it )

well, first, though i dont see how you can really do good models with Magos, but i do have a LEGAL copy of 3ds max.

well, anyways, long story why i dont model, but basically, im not allowed to, since i did basically everything before my little brother ( well... duh ), and my dad wanted him to have something that he learned first, so im supposed to wait a few months before i start ( just got 3ds about 3 wks ago - we were planning on getting a crack, but my dad absolutely hates those, and bought the real thing as a suprise instead :p )

Level 27
Teifi said:
low-life said:
Teifi your concept of measuring maturity of people by looking at the way they speak on random forums is very interesting. (only it's not. you really have no idea about the meaning of maturity)

Oh no, a morons opinion of me!
it's "moron's"... but that's off topic.
Hmmm... 128x156 didn't work, and it'is a .tga and the path name is war3mapMap.tga... any other suggestions :??
--donut3.5--

The preview and the ingame pictures is not the same size proportions though you can use the same for both. You can also use a smaller one (forgot exact size) than 128 but it will just get stretched then where 256 gets shrinked. 128x128 is the proper preview size and 256 the proper ingame size.

Again this is what my memory tells me but my memory is not flawless, though I am pretty sure I am right on this one.

Level 27
Mini-Me said:
donut3.5 said:
Hmmm... 128x156 didn't work, and it'is a .tga and the path name is war3mapMap.tga... any other suggestions :??
--donut3.5--

No wonder if that didnt work. It's supposed to be 128x128 (<---notice 128), and the correct path is war3mapPreview.tga
128x156 is what Rui told me, I was just trying that... I could try 256x...
--donut3.5--

Status
Not open for further replies.