• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Farmer's Life v1.25

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
You are a farmer live in a small farm village, and you loan a big number of Gil from Mayor last year, you must pay all the loan at this year !
Objective : Pay All The Loan
What you can do:
(1) Farming (2) Take care livestock (3) Chopping for Wood (4) Foraging (5) Digging (6) Hunting (7) Blacksmithing (8) Mining etc
Credits: Icon, Model and People from Hiveworkshop !
Credits: Twentythree, FYI, Newominus, Acid9, IntensityRising, Juudai-Panda, ap0calypse, SKriK, Flaffi, Skyswimsky and someone I forgot sorry ^^"
Bug report, Suggestion and Review are welcome ! This will help the map from growing ! Thanks and have fun !

Rework from A Farmer's Life v1.22b at Hiveworkshop
Original work by TwentyThree
Second work by Skyswimsky
Currently work by Yuchinin

Rework permission gained from Original Author : TwentyThree

This map is Protected !

Keywords:
farm, farmer, loap, life
Contents

A Farmer's Life v1.25 (Map)

Reviews
14:21, 8th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Status: Rejected See post Also add a preview image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to...

M

14:21, 8th Sep 2011
Vengeancekael:

See post

Also add a preview image:
To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to 'war3mapPreview.tga'.

Improve the description: Template

Contact Me

Level 2
This is some criticism for you, improve on the grammar and spelling of your map, also it was very confuseing at the begining, and when we get to the guy at the fountain place surounded by wood walls he automatically steals 10 gil from us...could you fix that so we have a option? and the gaurds automatically stop us on our way out for no reason..its like they have some kind of magic spell, i really hope you fix this, i did not rate this map yet but if you don't fix it, thumbs down for you, but for now... :thumbs_down:

Last edited:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

-The opening cinematic was way to fast, I was barley able to read half of the message. I suggest doubling the wait time for each message.

-There were many grammatical and spelling errors throughout the map. It was a little bit annoying, but I was able to understand them.

-When running towards my farm I was stopped by a guard, I had no idea what was going on. I then noticed that there was floating text for what he was saying, I suggest changing the floating text to an on-screen message.

-Every time I selected the farmer a large chunk of text popped up on screen, I suggest creating a shortcut (-ThisIsAShorcut) to see it instead of forcing the player to look at it every time the farmer is selected.

-There were way to many tutorial quests. The systems should be made easier to use and the things that you are supposed to do should be a lot easier to understand.

-I absolutely hated having to continuously click on the key to open every door. You should set the key as a variable instead of an item, and when the farmer wants to enter a door just do a check to see what key the variable is set to. (EX: 1=Red, 2=Blue, etc...)

-The hoe is absurdly huge, please decrease the size of the model.

-After watering the corn the villager is stuck in the animation where his hand is up.

-Make the entrances to buildings easier to see, the effect that you used to show where the entrance is was extremely small and nearly transparent.

-I made it up to the first "night". The sudden change to nighttime made me say WTF is this?!? You need to create a gradual conversion into nighttime instead of just blacking out the screen and saying "Go home".

If you fix up the above the game would become playable, but it is still a long way from being good. I will also say that protecting your map is a horrible move on your part, it will stop just about everyone from being able to help you fix up the map. Even the moderator will be a bit frustrated because he/she's job requires looking at the triggers, playing the map, suggesting things to fix up, and how to fix them, etc...