• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A couple of complicated questions, help? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have a couple of questions about an ORPG map i'm making. I could use some help making a couple of triggers... anyone?

- How can i put an effect on an item, so that it has a % chance of
inflicting "silence" when attacking

- How do i make spells purchasable so that they are learned as soon as they
are bought

- In relation to the last question, how can i make it so that spells are not
learned if the unit already has a certain number of spells, or already knows
that same spell as the one being bought

- Is there any simple way of making the filesize of imported mp3's
smaller, as even importing about 3 mins worth increases the filesize
drastically

If you help you can have your name put in the credits if you want xD ( but the map probably wont be that much of a success anyway, it's more of a personal accomplishment thing )

You should also know that i have no understanding of JASS script e.t.c. WHATSOEVER, so if it can be done without any of that i would be very grateful =]

thanks

( one more thing, does anyone know how to change the Prefix of the thread after it has been created, because a couple of my other threads still say unsolved, and i am an idiot =] )

Level 8
Hey :)
I can´t help you with the most but with the most easy one :D (Number 2)
(All following is an example!)
Create an Item with X cost. Name: Firebolt
Put the Item in your spell shop
Make a trigger:

What happend?
-A unit gains an item
Condition:
-Item type of item beeing used = Firebolt ((Item))
Action: Add Firebolt ((Spell)) to Hero "getting" item

That should be it. I hope it helped you and your other questions will be answered soon :)
Good luck with your ORPG and show me yours will better than mine^^
:thumbs_up:
Nurga

Level 6
As for the last one, the FAQ says that only mods can change the prefix. You are supposed to post at the end that it is solved, and then the mods will see that and change the prefix for you.

1)
  • Trigger1
  • Events
    • A unit is attacked
  • Conditons
  • Actions
    • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6
      • Loop - Actions
        • If/ Then/ Else
          • If (Conditions)
            • ((Item-type) of (Item carried by (Attacking unit)) in slot (IntegerA)) Equal to (<Your item>)
          • Then (Actions)
            • If/ Then/ Else
              • If (Conditions)
                • (Random Number from 1 to 100) Less than or Equal to X ("X" is your chance, for "20" = 20% chance)
              • Then (Actions)
                • Set Point1 = (Position of (Attacked unit))
                • Unit - Create 1 Dummy at Point1 for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) facing default building degrees
                • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Firelord - Soul Burn (Attacked unit)
                • Unit - Add a 1.5 second generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)
              • Else (Actions)
          • Else (Actions)
- Is there any simple way of making the filesize of imported mp3's
smaller, as even importing about 3 mins worth increases the filesize
drastically
You can have a search in the forums, especially at "Sounds/Music" forum.

but the map probably wont be that much of a success anyway, it's more of a personal accomplishment thing
I started loving you for what you said here. Probably someone mature enough to realize that one map of a beginner will barely make a difference.

Level 2
As for your first question, the easiest way to do that would be to make a modified "Soul Burn" skill, that does no, or 0.01 damage a second, and lasts as long as you want it to. Give it no cooldown, and no mana cost.
Next, create a skill based off of "Item - Orb of Lightning (new)" Change the "Data - Chance to hit" whatever to the values you want them to be, and change your "Data - Effect Ability" to the soul burn skill you just made.

The trigger for the second question should go like this...

Events
Unit - A unit Acquires an item
Conditions
(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to "Item you learn skill with"
Actions
Unit - Add "Skill being learned" to (Hero manipulating item)
Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)

And note that this WILL work for units too, not just heroes.

The easiest way to limit the amount of spells a unit can have is to give them starting "spells" (Like an attribute bonus that gives +0/0/0 and says basic information or something) If you fill up a few slots with things like that, it will limit the amount of added skills you can use.

For not double-learning skills, it already won't learn the skill twice. You would just pick up the item, and it would disappear, wasting it. You *could* add something in to fix that, but if you put in a warning (maybe as one of those starting spell slots, eh? :thumbs_up:) it wouldn't be a big deal.

I have no idea how importing files works, so I can't help you there, but hopefully the rest of this was helpful! If not, feel free to ask if I was unclear anywhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.