• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

a couple questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey, I have a few spells I'm making that I'm having some issues with and could use some help if anyone has any ideas. I am trying to avoid using triggers unless it can't be done without it efficiently, of course I have several spells that are trigger based since its unavoidable sometimes.

1) I am trying to make a visible goblin land mine, so I replaced the normal ability with a short range autocast kaboom that starts with autocast on. The problem is it seems like the autocast AI is glitchy. Sometimes it casts as soon as a target is in range, sometimes it delays 10 or more seconds even if an enemy is right ontop of it, sometimes the unit can walk over it several times before it goes off. I tried altering the cast range and sight but it seems to just be buggy autocast. Any ideas? If not it still works pretty good and kind of has that buggy goblin technology feel to it.

2) I have a spell that summons a swarm of locust units using rain of chaos (for the random spawn locations), problem is rain of chaos disables locust so I made it summon units that die instantly (negative health regeneration), and have a spawn ability on death to spawn the actual units I intended with locust. It works great... except while testing it I noticed that after casting it a few hundred times the units summoned by rain of chaos spawned sort of invulnerable, they would stay at 1 life but their life bar would be empty and would never die even from the duration running out. I'm thinking this might just be a issue with my test because the unusual number of casts in such a short time I did during testing with no cooldown might be overflowing the game or something. Anyone else ever see this happen?

I probably answered my own questions, but if anyone knows a different reason or solution for these problems then thanks in advance.

Level 2
Doomlord- Thanks for the link but I actually saw that before and it wouldn't work for me because it reveals everything. But again the way it works right now isn't bad either.

rulerofon99- It's not actually a trigger as I tried to avoid unnecessary triggers but my description was confusing so i'll try to simplify it. Current spell:

Rain of Chaos- summons dummy units with -500 life regen and 1 life and the spawn hydra (changed to summon a crab with locust) ability. So instead of summoning infernals it summons invisible dummy units that die instantly and spawn crabs with locust, this fixes the locust glitch and works great, but after I cast it enough times the dummy units glitch and become immortal with 1 life and it no longer works right.
.... I probably didn't do a very good job simplifying that, sorry lol.

Level 16
I don't know that :p Anyhow, the kaboom thing can be done like rulerofiron suggested. A very convenient way.

I guess it is a glitch with Rain of Chaos. You can create a clean-up trigger that is fired at spell cast and kills all dummy-type units in the target AoE.

Status
Not open for further replies.