• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

a bug....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hey about the game i have found out that if you play 2. after the ring (the spot the creatures usually has to walk by) they won't go for the spot but a place a bit down in your mazed, i tried it both as yellow and afterwards as red with the same result.
this fenomen can be seen if you build a maze where the monsters are supposed to walk down to get into the maze and then backwards through the maze again......
and as you increases the area of your maze so does the spot the creatures pass move downwards.......(they simply dosn't enter your maze.....)
hope that it can be fixed.
mvh. erathon
ps. merry christmas/glædelig jul ;)

Level 2
the bug

har lavet et replay hvor det ender med at monstrene begynder at smadre tårnene selvom jeg ikke blocker (har jeg dog ikke oplevet før).
håber du kan bruge det til noget.
mvh. Erathon

Attachments

• a_bug._894.w3g
    51.2 KB · Views: 126
Level 2
I think Ive seen this bug in 2.18 already.
On this map you lock the way in the circles.

But if you didn t and you built a maze creeps walked through it till it became too long.

Explanation:
Tho not big the way I build my maze units have to walk a long way.
Once the way to one waypoint is too big they simply try to find a faster way. In that version they simply walked directly to the circle then cause they couldn t reach one waypoint so they thought the way would be interupted and walked directly to the circle.

The funy thing here is they just skip 1 point not all like in the old version.
A similar phenomen hapens in Wintermaul TD. When you lock one way they simply go the other, only if you lock all they attack.
I think it has to do something with the wayfinding system of the whole wc3 game. Id be suprised if it can be solved by changing some scripts in a map, mabe you should send this problem to blizzard ? [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.