• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Custom Pathing, Sorta a logic question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I Am planing on makeing Corn maze.

Bascily you are first person and you walk throw a randomly made corn maze.

I figured out how to do it..mostly, but one of the harder parts i am still sorta stumped on...

orn Maze:
A First Person Game where you walk throw a randomly made corn maze.

How i plan on doing it:

So I make a grid with in array. (i did the array like that because i only know gui, and the gui wont let you have arrays like TempArray[x,y].)
I have start points, End points
And 5 random points.

Then fill it in randomly making sure each time i do, that its still path able to all 5 random points, and end points.

So i need a path checker thingy...every time i try to place some corn, or make it unpathable in a spot. and the path checker checks if the from start if it can get to all the points, Only going UP LEFT DOWN RIGHT.

It has to do with being more and more options and keeping track of them all...But i think....my head hurts lol

I cant have it hug the wall left or right...for this, because that method only works on maze thats done. Let me think some more...

Look at pictures it should be array of 400. my bad
after you click on teh picture right click view image on it, and it will get bigger, and then click once to zoom and it will look good. or dl it.

Edit: I think i solved it...But its most likey not the most efficient way to do it...But then agein its just basic math the computer should be able to do it the way i got thought up...pretty fast... It involes makeing 2 full arrays of 400 and a temp varible and running throw most of them every time i try to place a pice...But eh what ever works...

Attachments

• Corn1.GIF
    Corn1.GIF
    52.7 KB · Views: 3,153
  • Corn2.GIF
    Corn2.GIF
    61.9 KB · Views: 6,115
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.