• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Penguin Maze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi i am going to make a new map it is based on nothing that alreasy exists, it is called Penguin Maze!
the basic idea: there will be 12 players, each with one penguin. you have to guide your penguin to the end of the maze. If you make it to the end first you are declared the winner!
this may seem like a bad idea because somebody might just clik at the end of the maze and think Go penguin go! but i have thought of methods to counter this. also there will be evil animals in the maze and the penguins will have some powers, and these can be used for battleing amongst the penguins. The penguins cant hurt eachover, but can do stuff like throw snowballs etc, and run faster. The animals can hurt the penguins, and if the penguins die, they come back at the base after a ressurection.
There i said it this is my idea
DONT STEAL IT

Level 12
Sweet ass, I love penguins, in fact they are by far my favourite living animal on this planet. I can help you find some good pictures of penguins for the loading screen and such, if you are interested you can even use my icon penguin.

Level 3
that was wat i was hoping bob, when is the deadline?
great!wotis this penguin icon ?o_O lol
and i wouldn't mind any help with triggering and traps
if this goes big you guys'l be in the development team lol

Level 3
Ok new ideas:
Don't have to make it to end of maze
there will be penguin eggs scattered around!
I will try and finish a trigger that chooses them randomly.
there are 2 types of egg. 1 type (all but 1 egg are this) are duds, the other type is golden egg and if you find it and bring it back to the will you win automatically
the eggs all look the same from the outside
I will have specific nest spots, but is there a trigger that will make it so 22/23 of these nest spots there will be egg type 1 and in 1 there will be egg type 2.
Also that would be quite useful a loading screen icon. Could you help out with that?

Myclam--

M

Myclam--

i hope you randomly generate the maze... theres plenty of good algorithms for that

Level 3
yea i will randomly generate where the different eggs are
and i will randomly generate some of the enemies
i am not randomly generating the whole map o_O that could get confusing

Myclam--

M

Myclam--

wasniahC said:
yea i will randomly generate where the different eggs are
and i will randomly generate some of the enemies
i am not randomly generating the whole map o_O that could get confusing

why not? that would be the best way, a randomly generated maze

Level 3
Neat thanks I just need to figure out how to get it as a map icon thing instead of the minimap! : D
Can you get a normal penguin as well?

Level 3
hey i am having trouble with a random group (units) how do i make it so that a random group (of units) apears somewhere at the start of the game?

Level 5
wasniahC said:
hey i am having trouble with a random group (units) how do i make it so that a random group (of units) apears somewhere at the start of the game?
random group and somewhere, yes we are getting somewhere probably.
Ok first thing to know, create random units or move random units that already exist?
second: random units as in random unit type?

Level 3
o_O yea its in random UNIT type one is 7 of a weak unit one is 3 of a medium unit and one is a boss. how do i get that to apear when the game starts?

Status
Not open for further replies.