1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

(8)Misty Mystery

Submitted by Zucth
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
(8)Misty Mystery V1.04
Player Suggest: 4v4, 2v2 random spawn, 2v2v2v2
Inspiration: (8)Northern Felwood[player range that not much]
Idea: boat+portal combos, Dragon Roost instead of Marketplace
Map Creator: Zucth

Whole Map
[​IMG]
2v2 random spawn In game
[​IMG]
4v4 In game
[​IMG]

Map Description:
Behind those white mist in the sea. There are misty isles that rule by a mystery group. People used to call this place Misty Mystery.

Neutral Building: [8 players]
16 Goldmines (All-12500)
4 Tavern
4 Goblin Merchant
4 Shipyard
4 Portals
4 Fountain of Mana
1 Red Dragon Roost - Mid

Creep Camp:
16 Green
12 Orange (-4 main base)
9 Red (-4 main base)

Information:
-Unique tile set and route
-2v2 have random spawn
-Small Map for 4v4, quick game.
-4 Fountain of Mana out ring.
-Ramp in game
-Used Dragon Roost instead of Marketplace here.
-Aow spot near mid [not far to you same as enemy] beware of crash on enemy early game if you play night elf. AOW spot design to be near mines or next to it.

++There's a WIP down in the photo down there in case you wanna asked of it.

1.0 alpha test on central melee discord
1.01 fixed creep camp and some aggro mines camp
1.02 added all the decoration and shadow in game
1.03 added FFA version
1.04 added 1 more green spot per player, swap some creep camp[lv3 route], move and change neutral camp, +2tavern +2shop, the update support the idea of having a outside the ring gameplay. [followed mafe feedback]. Also remove FFA version.

Creator Note:
-I mess up with minimap color a bit, I guess.
-2v2 random spot. Since I have seen no map that is small enough to play 2v2 random spot.
Previews
Contents

(8)Misty Mystery (Map)

Reviews
mafe
So I didnt find any difference between the 4 and 8 player version except for the starting positions and the differen neutral buildings? Overall I think the map is ok as a 4 player 2v2 or FFA map, for 2v2v2v2 it might also work, but for 4v4 there isnt...
  1. mafe

mafe

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So I didnt find any difference between the 4 and 8 player version except for the starting positions and the differen neutral buildings?

Overall I think the map is ok as a 4 player 2v2 or FFA map, for 2v2v2v2 it might also work, but for 4v4 there isnt enough space to move 4 armies around if they are grouped up.
    Notes:
    1. Boats: I still believe most players wont like them, no matter how good the map is. Anyway, the way they are used here is ok.
    2. The 8 player version needs shops.
    3. The shops/mana fountains should not be usable during the day without killing creeps.
    4. The expansions near the center don have much space, but I dont see an easy fix.
    5. There are many "safe wisp" spots.
    6. There no creepcamps close to the main bases. This makes for a very awkward early game.

So overall, the 4 player maps is superior atm. Its only real bug is 3, but 6 definitely is an issue too.
    I think you can make some improvements (for 2, 3, and 6 at least) in a reasonable amount of time. Therefore map set to Awaiting Update.

2. Zucth

Zucth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    One thing I do wonder about is the 3. [my Fountain have a guard though, how can someone use it in the day?]