10:58, 9th Aug 2013
Orcnet: working board
Orcnet: working board
I don't want to re-adjust the positions :/-Expand the map more, adjust it in at least medium size that way you can fill more neutral buildings, creep camps, and enough space to hide and seek with the poseable players on game.
Bleh, I got a new idea rolling thanks to this one-The idea of height tooling is very repetitive right now, maybe do some work by doing some varieties such as a mountain like regions(replacement of cliffs) and so on.
Okay, it's shouldn't be hard to re manipulate the terrain.-Tile variations, this are key factors if you don't want to spam the map with doodads, if I would recall a misty spring, village/village fall tile set is more fitting that lordaeron X/X/X
Okay, the old idea was to give all players ability to attack the isolated islands in late games, but I guess I'll see what I can do.-Neutral buildings(except tavern) will always have creep camps guarding it, though it depends of the play style you want to role but really right now a free goblin lab is too much of an overpowering state(not to mention shredders in early game)
-Nice looking terrian
-64x64 very good for a 1v1
-i like the waygates,good for ambush and siege
-LoL its your 2nd map so just good work
-Terrian is a bit boring.....
-Too much neutral buildings for a 1v1 map
-Uh.. the map way..terrian is a bit confusing...
-waygates make a single path only to attack the enemy
What to improve?
-First the terrian.Try conecting the 2 factions whit normal ways and not just with portals(my opinion)
-Secondly removing a couple of neutrals will be better
-i like your doodads but arent they too much?
I'm sucks in Terraining, but I'll try to improve it-Terrian is a bit boring.....
I'll guess I'll add a different way for players as well I think.-waygates make a single path only to attack the enemy
Okay, I think you need to get used to no direct path maps-Uh.. the map way..terrian is a bit confusing...
I prefer use Zeppelin (Goblin Lab) instead-First the terrian.Try conecting the 2 factions whit normal ways and not just with portals(my opinion)
That was mess, I was in a hurry before I go to my course =/Needs really more work daffa..Terrian is really too rought and try removing 10-15 trees from starting locations cause the space is too small.
Second Map I uploaded here-LoL its your 2nd map so just good work
Misty Spring Review
IntroductionAs promised Daffa, I have found a time to review this so here is it. Sadly, I have to agree with those negative feedbacks. This is not ready for an approval and needs such improveents for a melee map.
Unexpected tab 1[tab][tabheader]Good Points:[/tabheader]
- Terrain looks fine but do remember fine does not meet that its good. Terrain is quite flat if you will notice and doodads are improperly placed and some blocks units and pathways. Also, the cliffs in the middle are too much noised up. I do suggest retain its original form which looks like just a cliff.
- Map looks ok and symmetric though the view in the minimap is not pleasing.
Creeps are balanced.
- The spaces in the player's start locs are really small and needs to be widen. This also applies to the expansion areas. Too small.
- The expansion areas also lacks places to gather lumber.
- I suggest for terrain improvements. Do some tile mixing, you are just using one kind of a tile which is not really creative, the noised cliffs in the middle is really disturbing which loses its quality so much, and doodads are not properly putted and some even blocks ways a little but is still enterable.
- Widen the spaces for the payer start loc to enable players to have more spaces for building and also this applies for the expansion areas. Expansion areas also lacks trees to lumber. There are only trees there. Most likely, your best solution is tho remade this in a bigger map. As what SonofJay said to me, do not worry you'll gain more rather losing. It might mean that you will have to work again but trust me, its worth it!
CommentOverall, do take suggestions into consideration and it will pay well and will award you an Approval but for now, imprve the map. Good luck Daffa and happy mapmaking
oh guys, don't blame me coz my terraining is not that good
Don't sell yourself short, the terraining is good.
There's beauty in simplicity & I actually really like this map.
Heck, I made a video of me playing the map & losing against a mere (Computer Normal) AI: