• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

70x60 Dungeon Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Good evening, I hope you guys are interrested in my request.

I am working on a map that currently includes 3 custom races.
The races are:
High Elves - ( High chance to produce elite units )
Forest Trolls - ( more information: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1370910-post865.html )
Ghosts - ( Secret race, won't be avalible unless you have a save code that says you have killed "x" number of units. )

(will add the four default races and one more custom race once the current custom ones have been balanced)
Here is a picture of the races:
racesz.png

Now, my terrain map lacks a good looking dungeon.
This is how my terrain map looks like:
swampofsorrows.png
It is a Swamp of Sorrows edit.
It has diffrent tileset, units, shops and less goldmines among other things.

I have created a dungeon to speed things up.
however it is empty. It is up to you, to fill it with doodads and polish it further.
This is what the dungeon looks like (almost atleast).
spiderdungeon.png

I want a decent looking spider inspired dungeon.
You do not have to use the map I created.
But the size of the dungeon cannot be bigger then 80x70.

There are some guidelines, or rules if you want to call them that.
1. Has to be a spider looking dungeon.
2. Do not change the tileset.
3. The map has to stay below 300kb.

Other then that, you have your hands free to create anything you like.
You will be credited and given rep. Also, if you wish. The spider prince, could be given your name
I have room for two spider dungeons if more than one person would be interrested in this.

These models are imported into the map (so that you easily can start working):
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/webbed-grass-47604/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/cobwebs-106111/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/spider-49729/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/bugs-47595/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/brownroots-50062/

Good luck and thanks for taking the time to read my request.

Attachments

• SpiderDungeon.w3x
    168.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Level 28
Hello, Zpider.

I decided to work on your request, as I was willing make a playable dungeon these days, and I've been out of terraining for, like, one year.

You can see my signature for my terrains, and I am linking what I've done so far on your map, only for you to see if you like.

If you don't like, I'm ok, I am doing this for fun, anyway.

But, dude, Ashenvale tileset? meh!
lol, just kidding, here is the map:

(please press "v" on your keyboard when seeing the map in the Editor, and I recommend you to test it in game :D)

Attachments

• SpiderDungeonEdit.w3x
    194.2 KB · Views: 71
Level 9
/Naze, first I would like to say that I am grateful someone decided to work on my request.
Before I move on to what you did to the dungeon I have to say, I know Ashenvale tileset is a hard to work with.
Felwood tileset, is better for creating a nice dungeon environment matching my map.
But I found my races very misplaced in the Felwood tileset. Hence my choice of environment.
I would describe Ashenvale "Argh" instead of "Meh" but thats just me.

Now for the dungeon. I love what you did, it is exaktly the kind of environment I was looking for.
I encourage you to continue your work, because I cannot wait to see what you have in store for me.
Not only my request, but also in http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/nazes-terrain-showcase-95980/.

Level 10
I'll give this a go

Edit: Ok here's what I got right now.. still a WIP. If you like it, I'll continue working on it, if not, no problem I was just doing it for fun.

Attachments

• SpiderDungeon2.w3x
    271 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Level 9
I love it Turminator8. I would like you to continue working on it. I see the potential.
I really like what you did to the queens and princess lair and the left area of the dungeon, I did not like the prince lair much though.

I know it is a work in progress, perhaps you aren't done with the parts I didn't like.
That may be the case, but I will still point them out.
The entrace seems to cluttered with rocks according to me and the black bushes further inside seems misplaced. Perhaps remove some of the rocks, and entirely remove the black bushes and the obelisks.

dungeoni.jpg

I would still like to see if /Naze has done any progress. If no progress has been made, I will still use the part /Naze did as a miniboss dungeon.
If /Naze has done progress. I ask /Naze to remake the layout of the parts he hasn't touched yet.

Last edited:
Level 10
Thanks for the reply and feedback.

Entrance: Yes it's very doodad spammed; I'm working on that

Gated Area: I got rid of all that stuff. I hated it too :p I still cant think of what to do for that area though...

Prince Area: What exactly don't you like about it? I'll see what I can do. If there is anything else you think of that you want me to do, please tell me.

Level 9
First, I would like to say it is okey if you slightly bend on rule number 3, should you absolutly have to.

Also, well the princes lair.
He is supposed to be the first boss you encounter. I would expect him to be the boss that takes care of the adventures that venture into this lair.
I would like to see more corpses and skullpiles. Less mushrooms and statues though
picturevo.jpg

EDIT: Yes, I like the spammed insect theme on the floor.

Last edited:
Level 10
First, I would like to say it is okey if you slightly bend on rule number 3, should you absolutly have to.

Also, well the princes lair.
He is supposed to be the first boss you encounter. I would expect him to be the boss that takes care of the adventures that venture into this lair.
I would like to see more corpses and skullpiles. Less mushrooms and statues though

ahhh okay I will also delete the gates I made :)
now that I know he is the first boss I will do more of the skull theme instead. Btw is the spammed insect theme on the floor okay?

Level 10
I redid the princes room a little. let me know if this is more what you were thinking about... if so, I'll finish it up, if not... third times a charm :)

anyway here is the updated map (oh ya I reduced the rock spam a little.. it might need a little more reduction)

Edit: obviously the entire map isn't done yet :p

Attachments

• SpiderDungeon3.w3x
    272.1 KB · Views: 42
Level 9
I agree, it could use a minor reduction of rocks at the entrance.
The princes lair looks so much better now. I am glad you changed it.
Also I see you added more water to the place and changed the waterfall at the princess lair a little. I like it.

At first I was slightly sceptical to the idea of a water themed dungeon. But now all my sceptisism is gone, mostly because of those great looking waterfalls and underground rivers.

EDIT: My 100th post

Last edited:
Level 28
Zpider!

I am really sorry for my absence, it couldn't be avoided unfortunately!
Well, someone that seems to have more time than me took the job, lucky you! (if you had to depend on me... pff! :p)

I would still like to see if /Naze has done any progress. If no progress has been made, I will still use the part /Naze did as a miniboss dungeon.
If /Naze has done progress. I ask /Naze to remake the layout of the parts he hasn't touched yet.

I haven't done any progress, I would be resuming today, but I saw your post quoted above, and I have a question:

What edits are you talking about? Please, tell me!

Level 9
I mean that the untouched parts, should be very diffrent from that of what me and Turminator08 has created.

spiderdungeon.png
aotherlayout.jpg
diffrentlayout.png

This is just an example. But you get the point.

EDIT: This message is to \Naze

Last edited:
Level 10
Okay.. I did a few modifications... map is almost finished >.<
tell me what you think...
School is picking up right now so my free time is less and less...

-- Also I made a new layout if you want to use it.. maybe some1 else could make something out of it or if I have extra time I could work on it... anyway heres my updated spider dungeon and my new temple/ ruins layout.

Attachments

• SpiderDungeon3.w3x
    285.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Spider Temple.w3x
    27.2 KB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.