• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

5800 errors. Rui and VG, still have no answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
VG once said that maybe the import manager wasd full, its not.

Rui once asked what kind of errors they were, they are all compile errors. Only errors from the trigger editor. it goes sumthing like this:
line 7685 excepted a name
line 7845 .....
etc.

How can I fix this? I really want to upload my map.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Ramza said:
VG, u once said that maybe the import manager wasd full, its not.

Rui, u once asked what kind of errors they were, they are all compile errors. Only errors from the trigger editor. it goes sumthing like this:
line 7685 excepted a name
line 7845 .....
etc.

How can I fix this? I really want to upload my map.

That probably happens because of triggers. Anyway, I think the map is still playable.

-Rui

Level 10
check the map's custom script. also,

you have violated a rule by posting for a specific person.

Level 9
Several conditions may make this errors:
1) Bad custom script codes
2) bad using of sounds in a game(several times i have it :\ )
3) Game have "No liscene" (Pirate version)
4) 1 of files that used for scripting is corrupted.
They are: storm.dll (if i right)

Level 22
Are you using any "Custom script" actions or any JASS stuff except GUI?

ye, in the beginning I imported vex's caster system, but if that is the error, then why do the errors occur this late and not earlier? oh ye, I also imported some fake 'error' maker (almost the same time as caster system)

That probably happens because of triggers. Anyway, I think the map is still playable.

Its not. When I push start in warcraft, it loks like the game starts, but before the loading screen appears, it goes back to start screen.

you have violated a rule by posting for a specific person.

I didnt post for a specific person, I just mentioned that VG and Rui didnt have an answer yet.

3) Game have "No liscene" (Pirate version)
4) 1 of files that used for scripting is corrupted.
They are: storm.dll (if i right)

My Storm.dll is ok, I use it for other stuff to (image extractor)

but what do u mean with the game has no licence?

Level 18
not really ^^ WEU isnt that bad and u dont get this errors cuz of this. but as a few guys mentioned is because of the triggers, i got same problems with custom scripts (i used normal editor at this time, and I never got any errors with WEU) its because some files are missing or wrong importet... i have added for a test a lot of spells into one map and as i importet the caster syste mi cant save the map because i also get hundreds of errors. its just because 1. u havent imported it correct. 2. or u have forgot to import some things. sometimes it could be that the system he used in the map is specific for the map and needs a lot of other triggers there otherwhise u will get errors because some files are missing or names are wrong whatever... i dont know anything about jass or custom scripts i just wanted to make a map with them and all wa working, but as i importet the caster system i get errors... i cant say more about it ^^ but maybe it helps :)

Level 22
Modeler said:
You can soft code all of them with jass.

In fact, they're probably all either here (I can post websites right?):
http://www.wc3jass.com/index.php?sid=b85164166b48558f400e61abee95cdac

Or somewhere in the jass section. WEU isint anything special actualy, you can do it all with light jass coding.

Maybe some, but not all, cuz I have some big triggers with for example only 2 advanced functions. But I cant use JASS and GUI in one trigger. (example: wait for unit enters rect, and then the actions continue)

Status
Not open for further replies.